PDA

View Full Version : Add Steve McNair to the list of dead celeberities...

BEAVER.989
07-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Unreal...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81123786&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

exrider12
07-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Just heard about that a few hours ago... wtf:ermm:

Rich250RRacer
07-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Very sad. Even though I'm a die-hard Steelers fan, McNair was always one of my favorite players. The kid was a true athlete who played through the pain the game puts on a body. I saw him play when Alcorn State played Youngstown State.

powermadd400ex
07-04-2009, 06:15 PM
this is horrbile :(

KevinAb
07-04-2009, 08:54 PM
That sucks. I've never been a Titans or Ravens fan, but I always liked to watch him play. He earned the nickname Air.

They say these things happen in 3's- 1st the fruitcake pedophile (world is better w/o him), then Farrah Fawcett (70's hottie, yum in the day), now Air McNair. Hopefully no more soon.

powermadd400ex
07-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by KevinAb
That sucks. I've never been a Titans or Ravens fan, but I always liked to watch him play. He earned the nickname Air.

They say these things happen in 3's- 1st the fruitcake pedophile (world is better w/o him), then Farrah Fawcett (70's hottie, yum in the day), now Air McNair. Hopefully no more soon.

dude there has been way more than that to recently die. like billy mays for instance.

KevinAb
07-04-2009, 09:22 PM
You're right oops, I forgot about Billy Mays. Bigger loss than MJ. Ed McMahon was pretty recent too. Sucks about McNair though.

cdrookie
07-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
this is horrbile :(

why? people die everyday but we only hear about celebrities, like they more important than little bobby's grandma. i'm sick of all the media attention these dead celebrities get, not one of them are any better than the old guy down the street.

mcnair was found shot multiple times and a 20yr old woman was shot once to the head in a condo. appeared to happen late at night. just speculation, but sounds to me like he was cheating on his wife. if that was the case(and it will probably never be confirmed) he deserves NO respect.

condolence to his family.

250x_kyle
07-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
why? people die everyday but we only hear about celebrities, like they more important than little bobby's grandma. i'm sick of all the media attention these dead celebrities get, not one of them are any better than the old guy down the street.

mcnair was found shot multiple times and a 20yr old woman was shot once to the head in a condo. appeared to happen late at night. just speculation, but sounds to me like he was cheating on his wife. if that was the case(and it will probably never be confirmed) he deserves NO respect.

you hit that nail on the head. 90 percent of our elders that die every day had something to do with a war effort and a hard time in life nobody ever hears the story about their life when they die. but some guy that was a pop star pedophile and a guy that tries to sale me majical puddy gets all kinds of atttention.

Pappy
07-05-2009, 03:27 PM
I held off posting until more facts came out.

It is so funny that people claim he was the best person in the world, did so much, great family man etc and here he was a cheating husband and hooked up with someone who was self admitant a drug user.

I geuss this is why I have so few real friends, I see through people and avoid phoneys. Sucks that he is dead, but in the grand scheme of things, sounds like another person who needed alot more solid direction in his life. More proof money and fame cant buy or garuntee happiness and longevity.

Pappy
07-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh and I will sum up what you will find out in a few weeks....(puts barney fife hat on)

His girlfriends arrest and drug use was going public after her DUI arrest a few days prior to this. 10-1 she was doing what ever she was doing, they were in a big tiff about his life going to be turned upside down and what not, she lost it, smoked him and did the right thing by taking herself out .

I feel bad for his wife and his kids....the rest is becoming so routine its not surprising to read about.

Dont do drugs first, and if your going to have an affair, get a quickie and get it out of your system. I dont condone it but lifes life:p

And he couldnt be that damn smart, he was already married, why punish yourself with another chick in your life, no good can come of it

powermadd400ex
07-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie

i agree with you whole heardtly, but i thought it sucked because im a big titans fan. after finding out what he had done, my 'good' views on him left. either way RIP.

BEAVER.989
07-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't he and his wife separated?

Supposedly he's been dating this chick a couple of months. And why would she be at his home if he were still living with his family? And why were they not there?

soonerdude77
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
i agree with you whole heardtly, but i thought it sucked because im a big titans fan. after finding out what he had done, my 'good' views on him left. either way RIP.

I agree, I'm still not saying he was a bad person for doing this because all in all he wasn't. He did a lot of good things like charity work and his camp he had set up and even though it's becoming apparent he wasn't perfect, he was a long way from being the typical spoiled punk athlete that so many of them are. I'm just sick of all the athletes that appear to be "good" still doing the same old crap and I'm losing faith that any of the big name guys can stay out of trouble and be good role models. If anything ever comes out about Albert Pujols that will probably do it for me as far believing in any of them.