PDA

View Full Version : Carb on a yfzr

joaobaptista
07-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Anyone tried a carb on a YFZR??

proctorbc2005
07-04-2009, 06:28 PM
At the risk of sounding like a butt, Why would you want to? EFI is much more efficent.

mxpimp2000
07-04-2009, 09:49 PM
i have seen it done and believe it or not it added 10hp to the bike. you may think im full of S**T but a factory rider not sayin any names done this experiment and loved it

daddio
07-04-2009, 11:38 PM
What did he do for ignition? Will all the yfz stuff bolt on?

joaobaptista
07-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by proctorbc2005
At the risk of sounding like a butt, Why would you want to? EFI is much more efficent.

The answer is just bellow;)

joaobaptista
07-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i have seen it done and believe it or not it added 10hp to the bike. you may think im full of S**T but a factory rider not sayin any names done this experiment and loved it

NICE

How did he make it??

I talked with my mechanic and he said that was pretty simple, just change some wiring and make some minor changes in the intake but in not 100% convicted that it would work without problems

sorry the english

proctorbc2005
07-05-2009, 07:47 AM

I guess anything is possible, it would be no diffrent than taking a modern car/truck and replacing the EFI with a Holly Carb. Some wiring, cheat out the computer, and bingo.

A 10 HP would be nice tho. One of my riding buddies, just bought a 450R, maybe I can "con" him into installing my old carb. He is not to brite, so it shouldn't take much.:devil:

mxpimp2000
07-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by daddio
What did he do for ignition? Will all the yfz stuff bolt on?

iam not sure what all u got to change out but i do know u have to do some changes to the intake and all that. as far as wiring harness and all that id say that he did strip it or used a 08 harness

joaobaptista
07-07-2009, 04:19 PM
iam not sure what all u got to change out but i do know u have to do some changes to the intake and all that. as far as wiring harness and all that id say that he did strip it or used a 08 harness

Can you know more about that transformation??

sorry de english

Tico-Tampa
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I have seen some Suzukys with this mod, but I'm not sure about the performance, or reliability

griffin32
07-08-2009, 10:16 PM
how exactly does a carb add horsepower

mxpimp2000
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
hows a posi track rear end on a plymouth work? it just does:D (just messing with ya)

man im not for sure but it was a clear shot that the carb was way better than the EFI was

industry48
07-09-2009, 12:22 AM
I have to disagree with the carb being better than fi.... I know from tons of experience with the fcr that it is capable of making excellant power... Just b/c it can turn the dyno wheel doesn't mean you are turning faster lap times. If you spend the time on the laptop tuning in that fuel injection it will beat that good old carb out of the hole everytime. I used to be old fashioned and think "why change it if it works" but that was before i bought this new yfzr. I'm in love with the ability to change the "jetting" without even so much as turning a screw driver. Just plug in the usb cable and do whatever you want. This is just my side of the story.. You guys can think what you want..

P.S. To HHEELL with leak jets.... lol!!!

daddio
07-09-2009, 07:11 AM
It's not really the carb that is adding horsepower. It's the ability to use the aftermarket ignition, that unleashes the horsepower.

Look at the facts...........

People make big hp numbers with the YFZ.
You can tune the FI to deliver fuel better than a carb.
The pipes are basicly the same.
The intake configuration is very close to the same.
It's the same 5 valves, and with a little epoxy and/or welding, you can get the ports the same.
You can use the same pistons.
The stroke is the same.

The only thing you can change on the R (at least most people) is the timing curves.

So........ You put the YFZ (or YZ) ignition on the R, and presto...... You got the same hp numbers, with a much better handleing quad. The bad thing is that the FI is controlled by the ECU, so you have to put a carb on it also.

When Vortex comes out with their new controller for the R, the beast will be unleashed in the YFZ450R.

racer 557
07-17-2009, 10:20 PM
what would a edelbrook carb do compared to stock and i hear all this talk about "the bog" will it still happen as bad with the edelbrook