PDA

View Full Version : counter ballancer bearing

rigger
07-04-2009, 06:42 AM
The bearing on my counter ballancer has a touch of play in it and I was wondering if anybody new if you can replace the bearing or if you have to get a whole new ballancer.

I am assuming you have to get a new ballancer. Also wondering how much I can get away with on that bearing.

Thanks for any info guys.

And everyone have a fun and safe 4th .

XXX -rider
07-04-2009, 06:49 AM
the C balancer can be "rebuilt " ..replace bearing ..
before doing that make sure the gear teeth are 100 % good
a new C balancer costs about 2-3 times as much as rebuilding it

Aceman
07-04-2009, 07:48 AM
I replaced mine. I can't remember exactly but it was an NTN 16007? maybe, do a search on this forum, I know C Leigh has given the part number before in his posts.

Take it to a machine shop, it'll take a torch and press to get it apart. It's very tight.

I found my bearing by calling NAPA, they ended up referring me to a local bearing supply.

XXX -rider
07-04-2009, 07:49 AM
he can "C Leigh " can rebuild for you ;)

jhtrx250r
07-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I have a rebuilt one sitting on my bench in my shop, I could sell you for $125 shipped.
I would make sure your old loose bearing dident ware out your case too much or you will be replacing that as well.

norcalduner
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Esr will also rebuild it for you.

rigger
07-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I have a press at work so that is no big deal. I just pressed in new crank bearings in my case the other weekend.

It really is only minor play in it and I may just be feeling it because it is out of the motor.

But if I can get a new bearing for not to much, then why not go ahead and do it.

I will check into getting a bearing for it. If anybody has a source and a part number, that would be great.

Thanks

86 Quad R
07-07-2009, 07:58 AM
the bearing can be replaced without much of a hassle but care should be taken(a thin beveled bearing seperator should be used) and it is a must that you mark the gear's current location on the balancer so that it can be re-timed when going back together.

the previously posted bearing number sounds right but i'll look this evening and post the number if need be. :cool:

MossboysRacing
07-08-2009, 12:42 PM
I would also like to know. My motor comes out in a couple of weeks, and i already have new crank bearings but want to replace the counterbalncer bearing at the same time.

86 Quad R
07-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I replaced mine. I can't remember exactly but it was an NTN 16007? maybe, do a search on this forum, I know C Leigh has given the part number before in his posts.

i finally found the old bearing........... Aceman is correct. :cool: