PDA

View Full Version : ATC 250R pictures

Saleenster
07-04-2009, 12:31 AM
I am new, so I thought I'd share a couple pictures of one of my bikes..

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2838/picture178.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8803/picture177l.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6393/picture182l.jpg

pdxbigfoot
07-04-2009, 01:25 AM
That is SWEEEEEET!!!
Details please.
Who's pipe??cylinder??swinger?? where in Washington are ya??

leager-n-ky
07-04-2009, 04:56 AM
That thing is BAD *****, NICE BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Saleenster
07-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pdxbigfoot
That is SWEEEEEET!!!
Details please.
Who's pipe??cylinder??swinger?? where in Washington are ya??

Pipe is Sheer, swinger is custom built +10, cylinder is a Puma

I'm just across the Columbia River in Vancouver...:)

Saleenster
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
here's a vid, I come in around the 14 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK9EJ99CkW0&feature=channel_page

pdxbigfoot
07-04-2009, 10:18 PM
I would love to talk R stuff with ya. Im right off the 205 Glisan exit so im fairly close.
I have been kicking around the thought of doing a ATC drag project next so i would like to pick your brain abit. I also like to associate with as many R guys locally as i can.
Im going to PM you my number.
Jason

Saleenster
07-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by TL250R
Very nice. I love the custom swingarm and subframe.

What kind of seat is that?

tks

seat was made by Cascade Innovations in Boring, Oregon. Rear section is carbon fiber.

IcutMetl
07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Great looking 3-wheeler! What size Puma cylinder? I think a lot of people on here are wondering about those. How do you like it, and have you ridden a Puma motor on anything but a sand tuned machine?

Saleenster
07-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by IcutMetl
Great looking 3-wheeler! What size Puma cylinder? I think a lot of people on here are wondering about those. How do you like it, and have you ridden a Puma motor on anything but a sand tuned machine?

I have nearly 300 gallons of fuel thru the Puma with not a single issue. Its a 431 with a 6 mil so its 442.6 cc's on gas. I've had it together and running since last March.

Dont ride anything but sand, but for MX I would tend to think its a bit much as they produce 55+ ft lbs of tq to the tire

2fiftosR
07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
really nice trike, love the subframe and swinger. weird seeing the pipe on the left tho

danhung11
07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Seeing the video makes me want to build a sand drag trike. :chinese:

Do you have a dyno sheet for that thing? What's the weight of the bike? Is that aluminum or chrome swingarm and subframe? Is the rest of the frame stock? When you say 300 gallons of fuel, how many top ends have you gone through? bores?

Sorry for all the questions, but this has really got my attention. I just can't stop watching that video. Do you have any others with compareable bikes or vs a built up drag 4 stroke in the same race?

That's just sick.
Dan

Saleenster
07-06-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
Seeing the video makes me want to build a sand drag trike. :chinese:

Do you have a dyno sheet for that thing? What's the weight of the bike? Is that aluminum or chrome swingarm and subframe? Is the rest of the frame stock? When you say 300 gallons of fuel, how many top ends have you gone through? bores?

Sorry for all the questions, but this has really got my attention. I just can't stop watching that video. Do you have any others with compareable bikes or vs a built up drag 4 stroke in the same race?

That's just sick.
Dan

weight is 229 lbs with a half a tank of fuel.

Same top end.

I dont have any other vids, friends have them and they are not posted yet. Here's some more pictures for a couple wks ago.

me vs 4 mil Super cub with override
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9400/p1020432.jpg

250r grave yard
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
what gearing do you have on that beast and are you using the yukon gears im having a 431 puma built for my trx . i need some info before i kill my motor? what kinda of bikes are running against in the video

Saleenster
07-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by 250r grave yard
what gearing do you have on that beast and are you using the yukon gears im having a 431 puma built for my trx . i need some info before i kill my motor? what kinda of bikes are running against in the video

15/36 is my current gearing, but will change this wkend to 16/38. Running a 36 out back I chew it up after a wkend of riding/racing.

Stock gears

video is just me, picture is a 4 mil super cub on gas with override. We are a pretty good race. His motor put out 91 rwhp.

I have been whooped up on many of times by small cub banshee's, and some of the Kunz raptor motors will run away from me too...

If you have a non override puma, its impressive for a duner, but dont expect to show up at the hill and beat everybody...

250r grave yard
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
yea a dont plan on beatin everyone a ill leave that to my friends 180 hp banshee what size tires are you running and # paddles are you on alky or pump and your what is your compression at and i take it you have the like $700 crank in it

Saleenster
07-09-2009, 10:54 PM
yea a dont plan on beatin everyone a ill leave that to my friends 180 hp banshee what size tires are you running and # paddles are you on alky or pump and your what is your compression at and i take it you have the like $700 crank in it

hot rod crank

22x11x8 9 paddle superlite (should have a 10 paddle however)

run gas, compression is 14:1

250r grave yard
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
compression in psi if you know it and what carb are you using

Saleenster
07-10-2009, 01:05 AM
compression in psi if you know it and what carb are you using

never checked it...carb is 41.5 pwk.

Motofool250r
07-10-2009, 07:14 AM
ive got the same motor builder as saleen and the guy is the best his motors last and he stands behind them.

i bought my motor from the orginal owner and he took it back after 5 gallons of gas dissassembled it checked clearances put new gaskets in reringed it and honed it just in case no charge to me. name another builder that does this kind of work and can make them last this long?

he rebuilt my 295 and got me atleast 7 more HP over another Oregon engine builder who builds some pretty sick machines.

The rear of Saleen bikes is all chromoly, Dan its nice work done by a member of Planet Sand.

Hope to come play with ya in September on our pumas

William

250r grave yard
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Saleenster with the 41.5 on is it snappy on the throttle like low rpm and hit the trhottle does it rev instant or does it bog then shoot out

Motofool250r
07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
grave the only thing you will gain with a larger carb is more topend.

bogging on bottom end is not due to carb size unless extremely undersized for the motor, bogging would be due to tuning assuming the ignition was working properly.

if your running the puma in the dirt a 41.5 may be a good carb for you but you will have more topend with a bigger carb, but then u scrifice the ability to have crisper throttle responce on the bottom end.

think about opening a flood gate ona dam versus a small pipe to flow air through the bigger will make more power but have less control its more on or off

250r grave yard
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
i know the thery on carb sizing bigger carb more top less bottom but a want whats good for the bike to be able to have break arms power with out being all top i never had this setup or seen one till i few weeks ago i heard of the sabor before the puma i know the bike will be a arm break from what im used to forearm pump out the a** but i want sometthin to leave everyone in the take off (like the early bird gets the worm)

GPracer2500
07-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice trike. Very clean. I like.

MyKe2g3
07-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Nice trike i use to ride them back in the day still got a mint 86 frame. You give me inspiration to do a rebuild on it someday lol. I think its badass to wheelie them. Did you modify the forks on it?

Saleenster
07-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by MyKe2g3
Nice trike i use to ride them back in the day still got a mint 86 frame. You give me inspiration to do a rebuild on it someday lol. I think its badass to wheelie them. Did you modify the forks on it?

Forks are OEM, and on correct not turned around for more length..they become very unstable if you turn the forks around

Grave, I have instant throttle response, if a 44 or bigger would perform better, I would own one......

Puma power is decent, but dont get over excited, they are not arm breaking whats so ever...Damon's puma ran a 4.3 and has more in it, but then I have seen another Puma run low 5's, so getting it set up correctly will take you sometime, and fustration, so be prepared.

dustinshuler
08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
ttt