PDA

View Full Version : And the rebuild starts...

IcutMetl
07-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Snagged a primo '89 frame and some nice Maier white plastics off of a member here, and started putting it back together today. I have my "good enough for now" silver-hammer-finish '86 a-arms and ebay WP piggyback shocks back on, as well as my steering stem. Put on my new baja rear bumper, bidding on a PRM front. Waiting for swingarm/linkage bearings, silver-vein radiator scoops, and aluminum radiator guard. Have to sort out a hood, frame skid, and hubs/spindles for the front. By the time I get the details taken care of, this thing will look nice enough to make my motor look like crap. Next on the list is a new axle, good bearing carrier, braided line, and rear shock setup. Then I'll work on a front a-arm package and upgrade the shocks. After that, the motor is gonna get BIG!

Honda5
07-03-2009, 08:04 PM
is that a 89' seat and do you want to get rid of it?

rustyATV
07-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Sweet! Glad you're getting it back together, especially after you did all that work learning how to jet it.

07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
why dont you just build it the way ya want it the first time and not have to worry about having to change everything.

IcutMetl
07-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, unfortunately I haven't figured out a way to fart money...that's why. Seriously though, I've got a lot on my plate for being a 29 year old single guy, and no matter what, it'll be a huge improvement from when I first got my 'wheeler.

I didn't even know I had that seat cover until I noticed a rip in my sweet old school CEET zebra print cover- I took that off today and lookee what I found! It does have a couple tears in the top though- but I'm gonna repair 'em and keep it like that until I can find a good deal on a gripper.

rustyATV
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
If you ever figure out how to fart money.......let me know......

rigger
07-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Every time I try to fart money, crap comes out in it's place.

Maybe I am trying to hard ?

croat1
07-04-2009, 06:28 PM
i have a hood if you are interested

trx310R#24
07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
i wanna do one so bad but to take everything off the bike again just is blah... lol

trx310R#24
07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by IcutMetl
Snagged a primo '89 frame and some nice Maier white plastics off of a member here, and started putting it back together today. I have my "good enough for now" silver-hammer-finish '86 a-arms and ebay WP piggyback shocks back on, as well as my steering stem. Put on my new baja rear bumper, bidding on a PRM front. Waiting for swingarm/linkage bearings, silver-vein radiator scoops, and aluminum radiator guard. Have to sort out a hood, frame skid, and hubs/spindles for the front. By the time I get the details taken care of, this thing will look nice enough to make my motor look like crap. Next on the list is a new axle, good bearing carrier, braided line, and rear shock setup. Then I'll work on a front a-arm package and upgrade the shocks. After that, the motor is gonna get BIG!

wanna sell me them white plastic =)

Honda 250r 001
07-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by IcutMetl

Those are awesome lookin shocks. I think you have to special order them from wp as i cant find them on there website. i have a set and i wondered what there worth. What did you have to give for em?

IcutMetl
07-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Thanks- I can't quite remember; I think it was around $250 shipped.

IcutMetl
07-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Gave my radiator a light coat of black paint, and put on a (new to me) set of silver-vein powdercoated scoops I found on ebay, plus the UM radiator guard from Rocky Mountain.