PDA

View Full Version : 06 estart prob!!!!

KEVIN132
07-03-2009, 05:11 PM
ok im working on a friends bike and im a kicker guy so bear with me:(
the key is on the button doesnt turn bike over. i already went back to the wires from bike and crossed them like the button does still no action. ive also tried unplugging the key and still nothing.
it turns over when i cross the solenoid terminals. it has spark. fuse is good. ive even tried another solenoid that was good and still nada!!!!!:mad: :mad:

IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION IT WOULD BE GREAT.i can rip a motor down and rebuild it just cant get the electrical stuff

fsteunf
07-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Did you test the fuse? I had a buddy that had the same prob. The fuse did not look blown, but tested bad. Good luck with it.

KEVIN132
07-03-2009, 06:49 PM
yes i chked the fuse ,even put a new one in . changed battery too.

the neutral lite aint coming on either or the red lite??

i love my 3 wire crf ignition!!!!!:D

2000ex
07-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Kevin, what about the button itself? Are you sure it is good?

SHIFTx450
07-04-2009, 07:54 AM
.. i run into the same exact problem occasionally on my 06 er... seems to come and go ever since I installed my killswitch. I also notice a pattern of when the bike is wet, the started acts up. and i have to resort to the same "jumping the solenoid"

SHIFTx450
07-04-2009, 07:55 AM
wait i lied.. it started when I wired a dirtbike killswitch up for my starter button. I have since taken it off and put the stock button housing back into place, but it still does it occasionally

ppeengines
07-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Hello KEVIN132,
It sounds like your neutral switch might be bad or came off. Now there is a little wire that runs right infront of your front sprocket That connects to the bottom of your case. Send me your email and i will send you deatailed pictures of everything you will need to know/do to get it back and running. This here could cause the problem. No neutral light it wont let your engine turn over unless you had it bypassed. Let me know.

KEVIN132
07-04-2009, 08:01 PM
thanks for all the help everyone.

i ended up instead of going from front to back looking for the prob, going rear to front!!:macho

it ended up being the wire that goes to the fuse!!!!!!!broke inside the factory setup:mad: well i re wired it and now shes fine :)

thanks everyone for the help , its what makes this site awesome!!