PDA

View Full Version : pics of crash with truck! going 60

300exjuggalo
01-06-2003, 04:08 PM
i was ditch ridin with my friend today, and one of my tires had a leak and was low and the other tire had air in it so it pulled badly to one side, well he ran out of gas so we had to go back, i went to turn around in the ditch, and my tire caught the edge of the pavment and it pulled me onto the road with the pullin from my tire and hittin the pavment, and it pulled me on and i got hit buy a truck going 55-60, i went flyin and rolled into a corn field, my quad the frame bent totaly to the side about 5 inches , from were the air box begins and back, the cop gave me 3 tickets, and might take my licese away till im 18, i have to go to court, and now i had a fu-ked up frame and im still payin for my 300ex, so i dont no whut to do any suggestions will be reallllly apreciated since im still payin for my quad but its crap, well the frame is, it still runs some whut but the battry broke, but some times it runs and it works expect the frame is all bent, but frames are alot of money , and i dont no whut to do since im still payin for this thing,

300exjuggalo
01-06-2003, 04:10 PM

300exjuggalo
01-06-2003, 04:12 PM

trueblue450
01-06-2003, 04:12 PM
i'd be happy i was alive.

damn cop being an ******* when you almost got killed.

I'd worry bout the more important things in life than a quad.

YamaWarr0121
01-06-2003, 04:13 PM
whew i would be more relieved to see that im alive after getting hit by a car that fast

300exjuggalo
01-06-2003, 04:14 PM

AtvMxRider
01-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Yeah you should be thankfull that you are alive and not a hood ornament.

DaveEX7
01-06-2003, 04:19 PM
id be happy i wasnt a road pizza

luvmyex
01-06-2003, 04:27 PM
good to see your not dead or hurt badly but,after a bonehead move like that maybe you dont need to ride at all.I just lost another riding area here cause of a kid being killed riding on the road and hit another 4wheela in the rear.You shouldnt be in or even that close to the road in the first place.I hope you atleast had your brain bucket on.Thats why this kid died,he didnt!

DaveEX7
01-06-2003, 04:31 PM
ur lucky u werent ona highway when that happened

Sparks425Ex
01-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Just be glad your not in a a worse situation then you are.

Sry to hear about it tho. Good Luck with the lisence thing.

2fastandfurious
01-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Man, You are so lucky you are alive. Sorry I didnt belvive you on IM last night. Dude you did'nt even tell them it was a brand new 300ex. What a bummer. For the right price i might buy it.
-Ben
Next time though stay away from public roads and the ditchs. Its not legal.

OutlawEX
01-06-2003, 05:02 PM
poor quad:(

Phast
01-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Dude better hurry up! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34286&item=1876134407

northeast400
01-06-2003, 05:31 PM
man your lucky to be where you are, I have had friends who weren't so lucky, rather than be mad at a cop, turn around and thank someone your alive, then put your priorities in order, DAMN IT I SOUND LIKE MY DAD

Steve-o 400EX
01-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Man i'm just glad to hear ur ok. Ur just lucky that the 300ex took the hit and not u. Good luck with it.:)

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 10:36 PM
an auto body shop should be able to help you with their frame machine. The way I understand it, they stretch the frame from both ends causing it to be pulled straight. broken welds can be re-welded.

JOEX
01-06-2003, 10:46 PM
I sure hope you and others learn something from this...

Joe

0240099r1
01-06-2003, 10:55 PM
were all glad you are ok your quad can be fixed or replaced but you can't good luck.............

01-07-2003, 03:31 AM
Take off the stuff thats mounted to the frame and bring that suka to a body shop with a good frame machine and some knowledge and let them pull that thing as close to strait as they can.

It most likely wont be perfect but you should be able to ride it till you get the cash to do it right.

I dont know much about the 300ex but if its like the 400ex set up I would be thinking you could deff get away with pullin it straight and replacing the rear sub frame till you get the cash for the whole frame.

I caution that its not real clear in the pics how much is bent so this may not work 100%.

BrianWrightR6
01-07-2003, 04:29 AM
Man I would have expected it do more to it than that! You got off lucky! Glad to hear you were not hurt!

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 04:55 AM
here is what i would do just go and cut the stinking thing right off and then weld on a couple fo brackets and make your seld a etachable sub frame cause it looks like it really only broke the sub frame area or back of the frame. Just bust out na welder and make your own as long as you can find a way to mount all the stuff back up i think this would be the cheapest and prolly th mostreliable
killed

RAPTORAZ
01-07-2003, 05:35 AM
With the frame being as bent as it is, you probably have a lot of hidden damage as well. I'd look it over very closely. Especially the area where the swingarm pivots. Chances are if the frame is that bent, it also bent the swingarm pivot bolt and broke the engine cases in the process. If not, then a bodyshop frame machine would be your best temporary fix.

BadA$$440
01-07-2003, 05:55 AM
Why do people take pictures at night wth NO flash and post them on here? I dont get it:confused:

Anyways, sorry to hear that happened to you and glad your not hurt but you kinda deserved that. Its illegal to ride on ditches cuz the cities claim it as "part of the road" well thats what a cop told me.

F-16Guy
01-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Go to www.servicehonda.com , click on "parts", then "hard parts", and then scroll down to TRX300ex. You can buy a brand new oem frame, and then just swap all of your good stuff onto it. It really doesn't take that long, and if you're still paying for the bike, you'll end up taking it in the pants otherwise. The price is $890.25, but last time I checked, that's cheaper than a new bike (or a used one, for that matter). Good luck.

Str8Wicked
01-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Your lucky man.. I hear of people dieing all the time in the dunes when getting hit by cars or other vehicles at a way lower speed than that... be glad your alive, count your losses, and always remember that things always get better...

hondaboy400ex
01-07-2003, 12:04 PM
hey its a o3 ppl 1 mounth old sorry jason

UglyMotha™
01-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by hondaboy400ex
hey its a o3 ppl 1 mounth old sorry jason

dude, chew your lucky charms completely before talking:huh

Ryan
01-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Well that really sucks. Just be glad your not dead, at 60 mph your quad would have been disapeared so I think the guy was going slower than that. Don't ride on the roads, I hope you have learned your lesson.

2k2-300exnj
01-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha

dude, chew your lucky charms completely before talking:huh
i read it 3 times i got it...
its a 2003 and only 1 month old

i asked for the pix u got em.... wow man that deffinitly has some major damage glad your ok... u should have thought before turnin around by the street like that, or riding by a busy street at all for that matter...
people give him a break he had all his gear on, and all that stuff and he is alive and is happy im sure, not that he has realized how lucky he is to be alive he realized how unlucky his quad was...
good luck man try ebay once and a while it should help some and be somewhat cheaper... like raptor man said there is prolly a lot more damage then u can see once the frame is done check EVERYTHING! do NOT ride it until then accidents can happen as u have noticed

phatswinn
01-07-2003, 01:45 PM
im sorry, but if u were hit and went flying i gotta know, was that the funnest thing of u life or wat?! i was riding sideways around a turn on a open trail doing about 50 and hit a tree and and went flying into a feild, it wasd the funnest thing of my life!

300EXrider02
01-07-2003, 02:02 PM
waht a nice thing to say:D :D .....and all of u saying he deserved it and learned his lesson, i am sure u have never crossed a road before, his flat tire caught the pavement when crossing and through him back into the road, and your saying "u deserved it" how bout i say that when u go flying into a damn field and watch your quad go tumbling and seeing parts go everywhere, ill tell u i would f-ing ***** my self....i would not be to happy to have someone say i deserved it for something that was not ment to happen and wasnt my fault, and to see my quad out side bent to ****, i sould jsut roll your quad into the road for saying that, dont me to flame but really, unless there is more to the story i stick with my 2 cents on this

PDH416ex
01-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Call QuadPro in Canada u can get a good used frame for like 400 dolars. U would be stupid to try to get it pulled. It is way past that. My friend had a head on collision with a truck he was going 70 around a curve an the truck was going 60. He hit the right front end of the truck and flipped 5 times. I witnessed everything. I thought he was dead. The ambulance came and picked him up and he just ended up with a broke leg. I fixed his quad. I ordered all the parts I needed includeing frame from QuadPro. My advice is to strip your bike down and switch frames. I also tried to pull another one of my friends frames and the bike never would run straight after that.

BadA$$440
01-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
waht a nice thing to say:D :D .....and all of u saying he deserved it and learned his lesson, i am sure u have never crossed a road before, his flat tire caught the pavement when crossing and through him back into the road, and your saying "u deserved it" how bout i say that when u go flying into a damn field and watch your quad go tumbling and seeing parts go everywhere, ill tell u i would f-ing ***** my self....i would not be to happy to have someone say i deserved it for something that was not ment to happen and wasnt my fault, and to see my quad out side bent to ****, i sould jsut roll your quad into the road for saying that, dont me to flame but really, unless there is more to the story i stick with my 2 cents on this

He said he was Ditch riding, which is by the road, and is also Illegal.

jesshamner
01-07-2003, 09:58 PM
The authority over the road claims 30 ft for the road. So technically the ditch is like riding on the road. I am so glad to hear that you are ok. I would strip the bike and inspect everything before I did anything else. Good luck!

01-07-2003, 10:35 PM
WTF ???...ditch ridin ?? when ya ditch it cause you aint supposed to be ridng there :huh

Nausty
01-07-2003, 10:44 PM
I know when I had my blaster and couldn't drive the only way I could ride was in the ditches:o give him a break, I feel sorry for ya bud.

JOEX
01-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Since "ditch riding" is illegal most everywhere and riding with a disabled quad near a road meant for licensed vehicles is just stupid...
If you're going to something illegal and stupid at least be careful:rolleyes:

Joe

2k2-300exnj
01-08-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
If you're going to something illegal and stupid at least be careful:rolleyes:

Joe
lmao

KAWSAM62
01-08-2003, 11:26 AM
your lucky be carefull next time:macho

300exjuggalo
01-08-2003, 11:31 AM
i was tryin to get home to fix the tire its not like i was just riding all the time with it flat i was tryi nto fix it, and sorry we dont get tracks to ride everywhere and its hard to get to them all the time, jeez sorry , you people make it sound like you wanted me to die or something, i bet you have rode in the ditch at least once, and i live in illinois theirs mostly nothing but corn fields and roads that are barely traveld i mean its tempting :rolleyes:

300exjuggalo
01-08-2003, 11:47 AM
i learned my lesson, but you people probly ride the ditches some times tooi no it wasnt right, but still you people need to think it all throught , thanks for the people who feel for me i apprecaite it,im not flamin no one, but seriously you people critize me like i had somewhere to ride, its hard to find spots and i no of some now that i can, but i didnt before, so thanks people who accualy cared and didnt just say they did:mad: o and i took it all apart its not bad just the frame nothing else is hurt, my friends dad said he could fix it, he makes lolo's the cars the racing ones, he can do it if not ill figure it out , then im gunna sell it, and buy a 400ex with my money from job and im gunna get insurance on the 400ex and im gunna ride only were i am aloud to :p :cool: so i dont get in more trouble so for me im out .... on my jorney on the long path to all of this* walks away*

DESDAK4
01-08-2003, 12:02 PM
It does suck to have to ride near roads. See up here in ND if it is not posted, fenced or a real roadway then we can ride there so you find yourself in some helpless spots sometimes. It is good to hear that you are alright and you just have to watch around you real good when you get nest to the roads.

Jay
USAF

300exjuggalo
01-08-2003, 08:27 PM
bump bump o and thaks for the consernes guys

hondaboy400ex
01-09-2003, 11:59 AM
sorry ppl but u guys are being dicks

KrazyKid300ex
01-09-2003, 05:09 PM
300exjuggalo. if you decide to get a 400 part out that whole 300. that thing will go pretty fast maybe. i know i wouls like some stuff from that thing. what you going to do.i only read a few lines so i didn't see if you wanted to part it out. contact me through AIM. dmirra388. part her out man

300EXrider02
01-09-2003, 07:22 PM
i like parts! :D....take some before and after pics man, i would like to see your quad when your done, maybe it will be bling?? haha

KrazyKid300ex
01-09-2003, 07:55 PM
who me? i know it will be bling. i already have visions........ ah a nice bling yellow 300. damn i need more money for more powder coating. oh i think ill have enough for the tires maybe. my powder coating is 90 bucks plus shipping both ways. we'll see give me a few days

crap-banshee32
01-09-2003, 08:07 PM
ouch... your lucky your alright!!!!

born-to-race
01-09-2003, 08:08 PM
Your quad got f***ed like that and u didn't get hurt. Talk about lucky. It must have been freaky, I'd have nightmares for weeks.

One time me and my friends were playing in a little mud hole (at his house) and a dodge truck came out and was screwing around. My buddy's quad was stuck in some hay and I got off to help him when the truck went in and out of control heading right for us. we both got out in time but his quad was hit. The only damage was a bent grab bar
though. It was scary.

Hope it works out for you.

01-09-2003, 08:21 PM
at night i do have dreams about crashin in a car, for the past 3 nights ive had dreams that ill wake up from, where ill crash in a car its ****ed up , it will go away evuntualy:rolleyes:

300exjuggalo
01-09-2003, 08:24 PM
yea the dreams suck , its kinda funny thou that i keep havin them cuase its liek a mini series show or something

01-09-2003, 08:35 PM
hey im his best freind dan and me and my dad own a body shop i seid i would fix it for him he thanx me. he is very lucky he is ok

300exjuggalo
01-09-2003, 08:39 PM
thanks , for fixin it, and see ya tommorw at school biznitch, ha:huh

RED121572
01-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
good to see your not dead or hurt badly but,after a bonehead move like that maybe you dont need to ride at all.I just lost another riding area here cause of a kid being killed riding on the road and hit another 4wheela in the rear.You shouldnt be in or even that close to the road in the first place.I hope you atleast had your brain bucket on.Thats why this kid died,he didnt!

My thoughts exactly...

Everynow and then, I think all of us do stupid things on a quad. Im no better than any of the rest of us. I got severely drunk last year and crashed mine. Caused $1200 worth of damage and I missed work for a week. With that and not getting a weeks paycheck, I was out over 2 grand.

Im so glad that you werent killed. But bud, you made a mistake and you gotta pay the piper for it. Since you are an adult, your gonna most likely get burnt for this pretty good. Good luck to you and let us know what the judge says.

2k2-300exnj
01-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by RED121572
My thoughts exactly...

Everynow and then, I think all of us do stupid things on a quad. Im no better than any of the rest of us. I got severely drunk last year and crashed mine. Caused $1200 worth of damage and I missed work for a week. With that and not getting a weeks paycheck, I was out over 2 grand.

Im so glad that you werent killed. But bud, you made a mistake and you gotta pay the piper for it. Since you are an adult, your gonna most likely get burnt for this pretty good. Good luck to you and let us know what the judge says.
i dont think he is an adult

300exjuggalo
01-10-2003, 10:40 AM
im 15, my birthday is 3 months away till i turn 16 so im not a adult and you had a bad accdent to and y uosay i shouldnt be ridin but i think y uostill are, so that dosnt make since that you would say i should be riding still when y umade a mistake and yuo still ride so why cant i? i ahve learned from my mistake

UglyMotha™
01-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 300exjuggalo
im 15, my birthday is 3 months away till i turn 16 so im not a adult and you had a bad accdent to and y uosay i shouldnt be ridin but i think y uostill are, so that dosnt make since that you would say i should be riding still when y umade a mistake and yuo still ride so why cant i? i ahve learned from my mistake

i've seen 6 yearold's use better speech:huh

translator please, anybody speak gibberish:confused:

300exjuggalo
01-10-2003, 11:32 AM
i was in class and i wasnt saposed to be on computer and had to rush really fast so i didnt get in trouble

RED121572
01-10-2003, 11:43 AM
My mistake, i couldve swore I read that you were 18. opps:D