PDA

View Full Version : burgard a-arms... pretty good?

J.J.
07-03-2009, 10:52 AM
how are the quality on these arms? i noticed the standard arms are very reasonably priced... i ride mostly trails and i dont ever have any plans to race or do anything of that sort, just trying to set my 400 up for a pretty good trail machine..

if i picked some up, would i want +1, +2 or +3? Also, would the 450r shocks be a good upgrade to go with on these? I'm not lookin to dump a TON of money into my quad but I want it to be decent.

Pipeless416
07-03-2009, 11:09 AM
they're perfect a arms for trails.. you'll probably want to go with +2's. i used to run 450r shocks with mine.. they actually worked pretty well together.

Flynbryan19
07-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm very pleased with my arms. Quality is good and I got a good deal on them. Their customer support is much improved. ;)

http://i44.tinypic.com/11jydqf.jpg

07-03-2009, 07:32 PM
i wouldent run em. i just dont like how the ball joints dont lock into the arm like the housers do

RIDEREDson
07-04-2009, 12:52 AM
They look just like my housers to me....

DirtMonkey
07-04-2009, 07:27 AM
There not the same, I have owned both and the Houser's are built a little sturdier than the Burgards and the ball joints shafts on the Houser's are thicker. The only problem I had with the Burgards was when I rolled it coming out of a birm the lower ball joint snapped off other than that they worked great.

RIDEREDson
07-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DirtMonkey
There not the same, I have owned both and the Houser's are built a little sturdier than the Burgards and the ball joints shafts on the Houser's are thicker. The only problem I had with the Burgards was when I rolled it coming out of a birm the lower ball joint snapped off other than that they worked great.

The balljoints look the same. I was talking to the guy above me saying how they dont lock in like the housers. You get what you pay for.

RIDEREDson
07-04-2009, 12:12 PM
My housers has play in the bushings so get what you want.