PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to buy an LTR

73watermutt
07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I am looking at getting an LTR next month but I have been hearing so many horror stories about oil in the air box and 3rd gear issues on them that I am having 2nd thoughts now. I used to race mx but only on bikes and I really would like to get into quad racing and the LTR seemed like the logical choice since it is so race ready from the start. I am going to have a $3,500 budget so I was thinking '06 or maybe an '07 would be in that price range but I don't want to get something that is going to give me problems from the start. What has been everyone's experience with them?

LTR450_#67
07-02-2009, 10:38 PM
You should be fine with a 06/07. I bought my 06 new in late Feb of 06 when they first came out and loved it! I had ZERO issues. I only got rid of it because I tore my ACL half way through 2007 so I could pay for med. bills.

I never had oil in the air box....I think people are just over filling there oil tanks when they change oil. I got a false neutral once in a blue moon though, but I don't think I shifted it with my foot very solid. (I was riding my buddies 06 450R yesterday and it did that). A part you should get if it isn't installed already is a shift pin bracket....Otherwise if you land hard on the shifter it will break the shift pin out of the cases.....Other than that it was flawless.

my .02

Aaron

yfzracer11
11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
i have an 07 for sale. pretty much stock. nerfbars and cherry bomb is about it. email me at hondaracer11@hotmail.com if your still interested