PDA

View Full Version : Hare Scramble Ready

BD444
07-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I have my two quads and one of them is about to be made HS ready.
They both have swing and chassis skids and bumpers, etc.
Now I am on the suspension.
My ex has zero preload triple rate ELKAS valved for a 250lb rider (I weigh 170) from a previous owner. The rear is stock.
The R has all stock.
:)

The tire on the ex are holeshot XCR's
My r has regular hole shots.

Motor mods are just piped on the ex and none on the r. It sat for 8 years, then was rode 100hr in the past four, now I purchased it.

so which quad would you think to be better suited for gncc racing. I am more comfortable on the 4-joke, but the R feels much stronger.

For the R,I would put 450r shocks and have them revalved and resprung.The rear would also be stock, but revalved and resprung. I would also purchase new GBC X-Rex tires.

I dont want to spend to much on the ex as it is where I want it to be except for a rear revalve and resprung.

400exrider69
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
a 4 stroke is more suited for woods racing imo

i liked my 400ex stock more then i liked my fully modded 250r

it's all about rider preference

i personally think the 400ex is a better machine

parts 400ex cheap
250r parts old not to cheap alot of the times and harder to find

woodsracer144
07-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider69

250r parts old not to cheap alot of the times and harder to find

what are you smoking... theres 250r parts all over the place... you just have to know where to look...

i would have to say the 400ex would be a great choice but i think teh 250r would be a good one to beause i feel it handles better... i thin that by the time you get your shocks re vavled and sprung i think your rather close to gettin elkas or something another thing is to pull the elkas on the400ex and put them on the R... and just fine a rear shock for the R... but in the end its what you like to ride the most... and whats the easyest for you....