PDA

View Full Version : anyone have same issues getting atv?

bundy
07-02-2009, 05:51 PM
have been looking at getting an atv. have been approved by my bank for one however they will only do it if the seller faxes a bill of sale to them and then they will issue a check...have had at least 2 deals fall through because of these conditions ( don't blame the seller, i myself was almost taken by fraudulent check while trying to sell a 08 trx450er i had) i realize banks need to tighten lending practices but this is ridiculous imo

byrdman37876
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
cash in hand is hard to beat. maybe u could go to the bank with the person u are trying to purchase the quad from and let them see u are really going through the necessary steps to get the money.

just might work.

Scro
07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I would call the seller when you find another that you want. Usually, talking on the phone to someone sounds more legit, and lets them know that you are serious. I would think that if they were wanting to sell it, they would atleast take the time to fax a bill of sale.

bundy
07-02-2009, 07:18 PM
one of the 2 that fell through, all conversations were on the phone still refused to do the deal, other wouldn't fax a bill of sale to my bank without payment in cash first... bank's reasoning want to vertify that seller is actual owner which can agree with their logic a bit.. imo if seller refuses to do that either don't really want to sell the machine or it' s stolen...possibly have a third deal lined up and have talked about going to bank together to cash the check

KevinAb
07-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I would call the seller when you find another that you want. Usually, talking on the phone to someone sounds more legit, and lets them know that you are serious. I would think that if they were wanting to sell it, they would atleast take the time to fax a bill of sale.

Agreed. Meet them at the bank. I've done it with cars, etc. plus they always have a notary.

SRH
07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
some people dont want the aggravation they figure someone will come with cash, ive done it for people all the bank needs here is the vin number, they run the vin if it come sback clean then they go from there

byrdman37876
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SRH
some people don't want the aggravation they figure someone will come with cash, I've done it for people all the bank needs here is the Vin number, they run the Vin if it come sback clean then they go from there

yep, like i stated earlier cash is hard to beat

but i do understand the buyer also. i wouldn't want to walk
out on a limb and buy a quad and latter learn it is hotter than
a 2 dollar pistol either.

bundy
07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
thats one of the things i am upset about..getting a vin for the bank to check out is not good enough for the bank i have been dealing with.. want me to get the seller to download a bill of sale form off the ny dmv site for them to fill out and fax in, apparently for some reason they told me no one accepts hand written bill of sales anymore? but what i don't understand is when i sold my trx 450er last year...i accepted one and same scenario buyer getting a loan through a bank... had no issues that way, i sorta trusted the buyer ( end up being sold on another site i used to frequent)

byrdman37876
07-03-2009, 03:02 PM
banks are getting anal about given out loans these days.

bundy
07-05-2009, 05:24 AM
at point ready to say to hell with getting quad too much bs
...been approved but bank will only issue a check not give me cash, i know banks need to tighten down on lending practices but even if they gave me cash instead not like i am going anywhere
.. lost track now how many people told me cash only and don't want to settle for a quad just because i just happen to find a seller who accept a check
.. thought would be easy, got preapproved so know what i can spend, how much monthly payments would be, etc..but finding opposite have been called a scammer, swore at, etc
thinking of trying another bank to see if they will give me cash before i apply for a loan ( don't want to apply for credit that is not necessary) if not putting my plans to get a quad pn the back burner until i can save up the money, thus far am too old for all the bs i have been through so far

RaptorRacer45
07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by byrdman37876
banks are getting anal about given out loans these days.

Unless your GM or Chrysler:D

(sorry for the hijack)

bundy
07-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45

(sorry for the hijack) or AIG! lol

byrdman37876
07-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45

(sorry for the hijack)

thats not hijacking, thats the truth bro

byrdman37876
07-05-2009, 12:35 PM
have u tried a personally loan bundy?

i have done that. the bank lender wrote me a check and i walked
over to the teller and cashed it.

money in hand.

bundy
07-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by byrdman37876
have u tried a personally loan bundy?

i have done that. the bank lender wrote me a check and i walked
over to the teller and cashed it.

money in hand. thats what i am doing but because the bank writes the check out to both parties i can't cash it need the seller to sign the check as well