anybody seen these yet?

http://www.lsracing.com/yamaha-raptor-250_raptor-250-chassis.html

wvspeedfreak
07-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice!!!!!

QuadJunkies
07-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Thats a really sweet frame!

its still dediculous that Yamaha cant see there stock frame has a MAJOR issue and FIX the stock one.
I dont some research and seems like all of them are all having frame issues in the same areas.
I know ALL quads will bend and break when rode hard but the stocker should be able to take more abuse that what its getting.

riding4fun
07-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Thats a really sweet frame!

its still dediculous that Yamaha cant see there stock frame has a MAJOR issue and FIX the stock one.
I dont some research and seems like all of them are all having frame issues in the same areas.
I know ALL quads will bend and break when rode hard but the stocker should be able to take more abuse that what its getting.

I hear ya, how much could it really cost Yamaha to make a little better frame.

jaksdad
07-14-2009, 03:37 PM
The New Lonestar Frame is excellent. We had one over here which was tried out this weekend gone on a 2 day Enduro meeting, on one of our team Raptors, it was fitted to our young lady rider Ameelie Millers 250 and she tested it hard coming 2nd on Saturday and OFF ! on Sunday what a way to test something, not intentional and neither came to too much harm,(she did 2 more 4 mile laps after the off), what can you say it excelled in build quality,finish of the welds was excellent basically it was a LoneStar frame what else could you expect !!
We also tried out the new LoneStar +1" Swingarm with a new Shock Mount, basically this has been redesigned to suit Longer Travel Shox and IT WORKS !!
The Kid and Quad were one ! no lifting back wheels on tight fast turns, it sat perfect, again LoneStar quality !!
We are sure other manufacturers will follow but LoneStar got it right first time !
By the way it was in CLEAR finish, Laquered Bare Metal, quite 'funky' !!

Rod www.jaksquads.co.uk

wvspeedfreak
07-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I should have one of these bad boys any day now.I will post up pics as soon as I get it :D

born2ride14
07-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I new you would get one wvsoeedfeak

They are actually cheap compared to the other frames they make

wvspeedfreak
07-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I really didn't have much choice.Austins is bent and I couldn't see spending the money on a stocker when I could get a great deal on a LSR frame.

QuadJunkies
07-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Sweet!!
You will have to shoot some pics and share them with everyone when you get it installed!
Whats the stock ones run in price anyways?

We havent even got ours yet and Troys wheels in the mind are already turning on ways to fix the stock one to be more solid. LOL!
Hes got an idea...we will see! ;)

wvspeedfreak
07-27-2009, 08:08 PM
QJ,you know I am going to post pics :) I am going to do some step by step pics of the installation as well and do some side by side comparisons of the stock frame and the LSR one.
Honestly,I haven't personally priced a stock frame myself.From what I have heard they are in the $700-$800 range.

QuadJunkies
07-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
QJ,you know I am going to post pics :) I am going to do some step by step pics of the installation as well and do some side by side comparisons of the stock frame and the LSR one.
Honestly,I haven't personally priced a stock frame myself.From what I have heard they are in the $700-$800 range.
I thought you might ... :D

OUCH, I guessed 500 but man... you break two and its paid for a lonestar.:ermm:

Hollywoodracing
08-01-2009, 08:21 PM
That's cool, but is it legal to use under AMA rules? The 91-300 class is a production class that requires stock frame and engine cases...... or is there some sort of exception.. I'm going through that now, trying to build a custom framed 250 racer for my daughter and I'm being told that it isn't allowed...

mcatvme
08-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Its no good for production classes...We cant run it in any GNCC classes because all GNCC classes are production classes...

wvspeedfreak
08-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Just got word that my frame has arrived.Just in time too....the rear motor mount broke today :p

Pappy
08-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Just got word that my frame has arrived.Just in time too....the rear motor mount broke today :p

You mean this one:D

wvspeedfreak
08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Beautiful :D

QuadJunkies
08-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Beautiful :D

AGREED!

I dig the color :devil:

cosinostra
09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
any updates on this one?

wvspeedfreak
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I will be starting a build thread on this as soon as we are done riding for the year.....probably in November sometime.

Andyman17dad
09-14-2009, 03:10 PM
We can't wait that long!!!!!! lol

wvspeedfreak
09-14-2009, 03:27 PM
LOL,I'm sorry.I am looking forward to getting started myself.Maybe I will move the date up a little earlier :p

QuadJunkies
09-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Just throwing this out there but I heard recently that WORCS was going to approve the chassis for the 250 classes. I think all but the stock class will be able to run it.