PDA

View Full Version : Need Swingarm Skid

yfzrider310
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Looking for a 06+ swingarm skid for a upcoming harescramble. Let me know soon if you have one I can buy.

Ryan
07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Check ebay.. I bought my rear alumnium skid off of there for 60 bucks brand new.. Just it was a no name brand, but I haven't had any problems with it. Theres a bunch of different ones of there.
Almost all of them have a buy it now, so you would be able to get them soon... (just a thought..)

yfzrider310
07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Well im looking for a stock one right now because my Pro Armor Skid hangs down to low for this next race which has a lot of ruts and I always get stuck. So I need a stock one to help get over the ruts.

Ryan
07-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Are you sure you really wanna run the stocker? To me the stocker is just as good as running nothing at all. If the ruts are deap enough, you'll probably break that thing on the first lap. Just my opinion. I would consider gettin 22in rears if you dont have them already. It would be cheeper than destroying your sprocket and rotor, plus your skid.

When I had the stock skid plate on... The plastic got hung up in the sprocket... It dismounted the chain, and almost cracked my case. That was the last time I counted on a piece of plastic to protect my parts.

Just my opinion.

moshachusetts
07-03-2009, 11:48 PM
just get a gt thunder sprocket and rotor guard. more clearance and they wont break off. i learned this after breaking and losing 4 skid plates. either that or drill and tap the mounting screws bigger. the stock 8mm ones are useless and will snap instantly