PDA

View Full Version : Chopped the fenders on my 07!!!!!

quadboy-55
07-02-2009, 12:38 AM
well, hadnt had the quad too long, was a leftover 07 in the dealership that needed an owner. after a few days... and no mods yet, it was time to start tinkering. i took off my front and rear lights, and the Yamaha bar cover (time for a bar-pad!) but the quad looked unfinished. (besides the lack of performance parts) the only other thing i could do untill i could afford to start modding was to cut the fenders. a few days ago i was flipping through the Feb. 2008 issue of ATV-Rider magazine and there project YFZ450 had just the cut i was looking for!! as it turns out Pat Brown also used this cut a few times. when i was done it turned out perfect!! i think i really hit the nail on the head with it, and the fenders dont flop around like i thaught either! :D

quadboy-55
07-02-2009, 12:39 AM
heres another pic.

quadboy-55
07-02-2009, 12:42 AM
From this angle it doesnt look like much (or anything, LOL) is removed, but i actually removed 1/4 inch or 1,1/2 cm of fender, i like how sleek and still factory looking it remains, while loosing its elephant ears, and the metal brace. i always really liked this look on any quad really.