PDA

View Full Version : the LEO fund

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 02:04 PM
ok,,,,here is the deal.

the FOUNDER of the great place we all love so much is in a position to have to sell his 400EX. I do not know the reason for this sale, nor will I pretend to know.

what I DO know, is that he wants 6K for it. Here is what I propose.............
there are 5600+ registered exrider members. If each of us donate 1.00 to the leo fund, he will be able to keep his quad.

I want each of you to send a check for one dollar to me. Make checks payable to LEO HICKEY.
send the checks to
Joe Andrews
9112 Winchester Road
Front Royal, VA 22630

if you send the checks to leo, he might return them. I will make sure he gets the money in a form he can not refuse.

DO IT NOW!

Ralph
01-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I AM

tants
01-06-2003, 02:12 PM
can we just send a dollar bill? you honestly know all 5,600 members will not send a dollar. some register and barley visit the site. i wouldnt mind sending $1-$5 to help leo out

is cash ok?

Ralph
01-06-2003, 02:13 PM
BTW, I HAVE TO SELL MY QUAD TOO,,, HINT HINT;) LOL, J/K

Doibugu2
01-06-2003, 02:15 PM
I think I owe this site something.

I sent $10, and the check is in the mail today!

Come on guys, lets help a member. If this works, just think how we can help other members!

Is this a donation to charity, think I can write this off my taxes?:D

Doibugu2
01-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Tants
can we just send a dollar bill? you honestly know all 5,600 members will not send a dollar. some register and barley visit the site. i wouldnt mind sending $1-$5 to help leo out

is cash ok?

I think cash is fine, just make sure you wrap it in a piece of paper, so that you cannot tell that it is cash through the envelope.

Give what you can, its for a good cause.

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Tants

is cash ok?
I would suggest you get your mom to write the check & give her the cash. My punks see 5 bucks laying around & its gone! :)

thanks to the folks who have replied so far. But this better be the longest thread in the history of exriders!

Ralph
01-06-2003, 02:24 PM
1 $ OR BAN

tants
01-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

I would suggest you get your mom to write the check & give her the cash. My punks see 5 bucks laying around & its gone! :)

thanks to the folks who have replied so far. But this better be the longest thread in the history of exriders!

check is on its way. come on guys! 4punks you should do a thing. who ever sends the most money ($20) or less they get a free shirt. ill send money even if i dont get anything cause its for a good cause and everyone should. but more people will cause there greedy and they want somthing! even sticker...
:D

Castor-426ex
01-06-2003, 02:26 PM
ill send my effort out before the end of the week

RideRed04
01-06-2003, 02:30 PM
Writing a check for $5 as we speak...can I have the elkas for my donation?

Pappy
01-06-2003, 02:38 PM
on the way!!!!!:D

Guy400
01-06-2003, 02:39 PM
I'll write my check this evening.

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 02:44 PM
great idea..........I'll step it up a notch...........the largest donation gets 2 exriders t-shirts from me. :)

this is my kinda thread.............good to see the members steppin up

02 Red Rider
01-06-2003, 02:45 PM
$5 comin' at ya! I think somebody should shut down Leo's Classified ad for his quad too.

Hey JUST AN IDEA maybe Ben would kick in .25 - .50 for every Exriders Shirt sold in the next week?

Just a thought.

trx400ex
01-06-2003, 02:47 PM
IS there anyway you can setup a paypal account for this, im sure alot of guys would like to be able to send some money but dont want to write a check and mail it. Just an idea.

kentuckycat
01-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Even as a poor college student, I'd be happy to send a few bucks!

01-06-2003, 02:50 PM
ill send you 5 bucks..

but i dont have a quad either why cant i get one ???

we could do leo, then me, then some other kid.

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by WOT400ex
ill send you 5 bucks..

but i dont have a quad either why cant i get one ???

we could do leo, then me, then some other kid.

when you bring joy to as many folks as LEO has, good things will come to you.

Ben
01-06-2003, 02:59 PM
If you guys actually buy some shirts this week I would be glad to chip in a dollar for each shirt sold. :) They are moving slowly (i.e. not at all though) though, so its up to you.

Ben

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
IS there anyway you can setup a paypal account for this, im sure alot of guys would like to be able to send some money but dont want to write a check and mail it. Just an idea.

I do not want a paypal account for this. The funds would then be in my name.............and I want the funds to be leo's. Then there is no way the funds could be abused. It will only take a moment of your time to write a check & stick it in an envelope. Compared to the hours and hours leo has spent for US, it is nothing.

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Ben
If you guys actually buy some shirts this week I would be glad to chip in a dollar for each shirt sold. :) They are moving slowly (i.e. not at all though) though, so its up to you.

Ben

there you have it folks............this man is stepping it up too. Buy a shirt and he will donate a portion of the proceeds to the leo fund.

02 Red Rider
01-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I am buying my shirt right now!!!:D

Ben - You are the MAN!!

flyin#5
01-06-2003, 03:05 PM
good idea 4punks. i think it will take everyone to donate more than 1 dollar becuase most ppl just singed up and probably forgot about the site or whatever. ill go snowboarding today and keep the money and send it. hopefully my dad only hast 20's:devil

Atreyu
01-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Ill send my lunch money from tomorrow and the next day..:D Can we just send cash? because I know my mom wont right a check..she'll think im gonna buy drugs from some guy named Leo..

tants
01-06-2003, 03:12 PM
great idea..........I'll step it up a notch...........the largest donation gets 2 exriders t-shirts from me. :)

this is my kinda thread.............good to see the members steppin up

i no im so smart for thinking of it!

Ben
01-06-2003, 03:17 PM
02 Red Rider just contributed a dollar by buying a shirt :D

AtvMxRider
01-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BoySetsFire
Ill send my lunch money from tomorrow and the next day..:D Can we just send cash? because I know my mom wont right a check..she'll think im gonna buy drugs from some guy named Leo..

LMAO!

Checks in the mail!:D

killed300ex
01-06-2003, 03:20 PM
is amoney order alright ill get one tom afte schoo,l adn mail it if it is. Its going to a good cause i hope we can raise enoguh money ill be in more next time i get paid but this is a good start mybe my next donation willm be 20 i want th shirt lol. NO offense to ben id rather win the shirt this way but if i dont my order will be out shortly but yea i think we should delete leose thread in the for sale forum
killed

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 03:26 PM
damn leo.............I was gonna have my name changed to leo hickey & run off to cancun with the money. you sure do know how to spoil a suprise. are you sure you don't want to keep the EX? here is your chance. last chance, we aren't gonna offer again!

flyin#5
01-06-2003, 03:33 PM
damn leo.............I was gonna have my name changed to leo hickey & run off to cancun with the money. you sure do know how to spoil a suprise. are you sure you don't want to keep the EX? here is your chance. last chance, we aren't gonna offer again!

or....... we could just have everyone send the money (enough for the quad) then leo could send me his quad:D

bansheeguy77
01-06-2003, 03:34 PM
keep the donations coming...even if leo aint broke he still deserves something for all he's given to us.

Doibugu2
01-06-2003, 03:34 PM

So are we doing this or not?

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2

So are we doing this or not?

I am.............screw what he thinks. :)

Sparks425Ex
01-06-2003, 03:41 PM

I am.............screw what he thinks. :)

I am with Joe on this one.:D

Money is in the mail.

Guy400
01-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, if Leo doesn't want it I'm still making payments on my quad:D Judging by the hate mail I receive I'd say I've touched many people on this site...lmao!!

roostin_dale
01-06-2003, 03:49 PM
I guess if Leo dont want the money i could give him a few bucks anyway....id be bored outta my mind at night if he didnt make this site.

tants
01-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Well, if Leo doesn't want it I'm still making payments on my quad:D Judging by the hate mail I receive I'd say I've touched many people on this site...lmao!!

LMAO! we love you guy

hahaha

leo keep the d@mn quad and find time to ride! even one day a week for an hour. com'on!

my check will be in the mail tommrow :D

Quadracer5
01-06-2003, 03:57 PM
I'll send out $5 tomorrow morning. Come on Leo, keep it. Your getting it setup perfect, why do it all over again? I'm sending the check in the morning!

Kyle

ridered300
01-06-2003, 04:09 PM
open a paypal accoount for it...if not I'll have to send cash

SGA
01-06-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm in for some cash. Leo will say no, but thats the way he is. He has always put others first before himself.
EXRiders means so much to me, it really is like a online family. We have seen babys born, and family members pass away, shared laughter and tears.
You can come to the site if your down and someones lastest adventure here will have you laughing in no time. Or share help to a member who is hurting.
We owe this all to Leo, for having a dream of building a website, a place where we could come together, to laugh, to help, to share ideas. If this website was gone tomorrow, I will never forget, as long as I live, the freinds I have made on here. Thank you Leo.

QuadTrix6
01-06-2003, 04:17 PM
heres from me and QuadMX18, nothing my company can't handle :blah checks in the mail :cool:

2fastandfurious
01-06-2003, 04:23 PM
SET UP A PAYPAL ACCOUNT!!! It takes only a few minutes and people will feel better sending the dollar.
-Ben

Rip_Tear
01-06-2003, 04:27 PM
I take it Leo's post was deleted? I will see what I can do, but I have negative monies... I owe my mom insurance money... and she owns my tires(I still owe her some quad money). I will buy a shirt when I have paid her back, I hope you get enough money to keep your quad Leo! I dont even have a bank account anymore I had to take all the money out, and give it up! I still have cheques but they are worth nothing... Sorry:(

400exBro
01-06-2003, 04:34 PM
instead of money can i just buy a couple shirts or sweaters and conrtibute a couple bucks and ben can send in the money for me.,,,....

thanks

Bro

AtvMxRider
01-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sgaexer
I'm in for some cash. Leo will say no, but thats the way he is. He has always put others first before himself.
EXRiders means so much to me, it really is like a online family. We have seen babys born, and family members pass away, shared laughter and tears.
You can come to the site if your down and someones lastest adventure here will have you laughing in no time. Or share help to a member who is hurting.
We owe this all to Leo, for having a dream of building a website, a place where we could come together, to laugh, to help, to share ideas. If this website was gone tomorrow, I will never forget, as long as I live, the freinds I have made on here. Thank you Leo.

My thoughts exactly!

QuadRacer041
01-06-2003, 05:20 PM
ill will send my check out tomarrow

tants
01-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by quad041
ill will send my check out tomarrow

lou i emailed mike about powdercoating. he never emailed me back. can ya talk to him for me?

Mxbubs
01-06-2003, 06:58 PM
Im going to send money out Friday.:)

Black400
01-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Sealing the envelope right now

Julian Lowell

Ryan
01-06-2003, 07:17 PM
I love to buy a shirt and send in an extra 5 bucks to give to him. I think Ben is trustable with money :D . If I new you guys gave out donations I could have used it when my mom was so close to loosing our house or her $20,000 surgery from a car accident. :huh . I gotta watch my money right now, im working on getting my quad the he11 outta here and getting something new. Im sure I can find some room to fit Leo in here.

In my family there are many money problems but I'll try my hardest to get in something for Leo.

DGR Designs
01-06-2003, 07:30 PM
dude. all i can really send is the thoughts and thanks for building this site to what it is. of course, cudos to ben also. but like i said. i have zip for cash. zip for gas. and zip for food lol. i have to cheapskate off mom (hey im 15, thats the way its supposed to be....;) ) but i'll see what i can do. i'll put in a good ol' canadian toonie
~Dave

Ryan
01-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by roost_maker
dude. all i can really send is the thoughts and thanks for building this site to what it is. of course, cudos to ben also. but like i said. i have zip for cash. zip for gas. and zip for food lol. i have to cheapskate off mom (hey im 15, thats the way its supposed to be....;) ) but i'll see what i can do. i'll put in a good ol' canadian toonie
~Dave

Same here Roost.

I'll be happy to send you "Keep your quad" But I can't even afford stamps. I don't have a job or nothing and already my mom borrows off me once in a while. I'll still try.

Instinctz
01-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Sorry, I aint donating much other than my posts that are rather useless. I cant donate money, I have my own issues.

Ralph
01-06-2003, 07:51 PM
if u think u cant afford it, find a dollar, send an envelope to urself , but make the return adress 4punks, then put no stamp on it, and they will return to sender... i dont know if it works long distance but ive doneit many times locally

AtvMxRider
01-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Instinctz
posts that are rather useless.

Well this one sure the **** is.

freakystone
01-06-2003, 08:01 PM
I'll send $50.00 but can I request why Leo is selling the EX?

Leo
01-06-2003, 08:13 PM
PLEASE don't send dontations to the "Leo" fund.. I'm not selling the quad because I'm poor ;)

I'm touched that everyone feels like they need to send money for no reason, but I'll be forced to send it all back or donate it to some charity that actually _needs_ the money..!

I got to ride probably 5 times last summer, I'll be lucky to use it that much this coming summer, and I'm having a hard time keeping it in the basement..

Leo

Juggalo
01-06-2003, 08:15 PM
i'm just gonna send a few bucks in an envelope. i know its not the safest way but i really don't wanna have to get my dad to get me a money order and stuff for only a few dollars.

Juggalo
01-06-2003, 08:17 PM
oops didn't see the thing leo posted....if somethin changes let me know and the money will go right to ya

Ralph
01-06-2003, 08:18 PM
guys u can send the oney to me instead and i will have quadjunkies make me an exriders graphics kit:p

AtvMxRider
01-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Leo
PLEASE don't send dontations to the "Leo" fund.. I'm not selling the quad because I'm poor ;)

I'm touched that everyone feels like they need to send money for no reason, but I'll be forced to send it all back or donate it to some charity that actually _needs_ the money..!

I got to ride probably 5 times last summer, I'll be lucky to use it that much this coming summer, and I'm having a hard time keeping it in the basement..

Leo

Leo it's just our way for saying "Thanks"

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 08:29 PM
well...leo,
how about this. it was ridered's idea.............

WE buy the quad from you. We make your quad the exriders "project quad"

whenever you want to buy it back, its yours for the same money you sold it to us for. Consider it a loan until you reclaim your senses :o

tants
01-06-2003, 08:35 PM
well...leo,
how about this. it was ridered's idea.............

WE buy the quad from you. We make your quad the exriders "project quad"

whenever you want to buy it back, its yours for the same money you sold it to us for. Consider it a loan until you reclaim your senses :o

thats a great deal!!! and since leo lives in NY i can take the quad and keep it at my house. and store it just how it is!
what a great idea :D

RideRed04
01-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I was also thinking that if aftermarket companies would send parts to us (like they do for the mags) and let us keep them, after we tested them, they could be sold for cheap/raffled/given as contest prizes.

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
Yeah, I was also thinking that if aftermarket companies would send parts to us (like they do for the mags) and let us keep them, after we tested them, they could be sold for cheap/raffled/given as contest prizes. damn ben...........hire this guy. he is full of good ideas

RideRed04
01-06-2003, 09:12 PM
hehe, there ya go, I will come up with good ideas, and you can send the used parts to me...starting with the elkas:D

Tommy 17
01-06-2003, 09:46 PM
man my shirt is gonna be ordered tomorrow;)

leo u deserve it man... nice to see u stoppin around the board from time to time...

mo.lakota
01-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Leo , Man I dont know you but Folks must think pretty highly of you . I know that Pride is a hard thing to put aside , two years ago I had two Kidney Surgeries in two months . I was off work for 45 days . things were bad I wanted and felt like I was Dying . I sold all my Guns and was down to nothing . I work two jobs and luckily I still had Comp time from the Sheriffs Dept. Built up so I at least had one paycheck . It was rough and that was just the Financial aspect . The Pain was unbearable . You know what kept me from losing my Mind . The fact that I had a quad setting in my shop that I could go out and tinker with for a few minutes that I could stand up and walk before my Pain Pills kicked in . And the other was sites like this that kept me connected to my Internet family .
Now I dont know why you want to sell off your machine but I always say its better to have it and not use it than to want to use it and it not be there . Besides you never get what there worth out of them so just let us do what we can to allow you or aid you in keeping it at home where it belongs .

My best freind during that surgery time I went through went out against my Wishes and bought me a Deer Rifle to hunt with . That is something I will never forget .

I am doing well now except that I owe a Whopping 5000. on a Lakota Sport thats worth 3500.00 tops , Blality Blank Credit cards . And thats standing in my way of owning my Dream Quad the 400 EX .

I say when you give something to someone it will come back ten times again . Let us do our thing and You try to keep that Quad where it belongs .
Take Care man . S. Caldwell

when I get paid next week its on the way , might not be alot but its a thought towards a Brother ATVer that makes Quad Guys the best .

QuadJunkies
01-07-2003, 12:23 AM
I am more than willing to send a few bucks...;) Or do whatever is needed.. Leo, MOLakota is right...I know if you love your ride as much as I love mine, you will have an empty spot in you if you sell it...:( Dont do it...were all family here, everyone wants to do this ...

mysticfalcon
01-07-2003, 01:02 AM
My $$ will go out when i get payed this week. along with a donation for canidule250r since he cant aford it right now. and a little from crazycanadian too.
$10 from me
$1 from canidule250r
and $10 from Crazy Canadian

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 04:37 AM
4 punks that a good idea but i mean who would keep it ect... Also if we were able to get that idea of testing we should trough it on leos quad maky it bling lol either way im going out after school for at least a 10 money order
killed

Ben
01-07-2003, 04:50 AM
Guys why don't we all hold off on sending the money until I talk to Leo today. It is possible that we are all (myself included) embarrassing him and making it hard for him to sell his quad which he just doesn't have the time, space, or interest in right now. I haven't talked with Leo on this subject yet so I can't pretend to know what his reasons are.

He is building a new house and is very consumed in that task right now. I'll talk with him sometime today and get the final word on what he wants to do. I do know he is EXTREMELY flattered about all of our efforts in this thread, regardless of whether or not he will accept the money. Please just keep your money in hand until I get a chance to talk with him today. :)

Ben

upstate rider
01-07-2003, 05:37 AM
How about a raffle on Leo's quad? That way Leo gets the money and won't feel bad and someone gets a chance to win a very nice quad. Leo can even be the one to pull the winning ticket :D Make them like $10 a chance won't have to sell to many and what a quad you could win. Just an Idea :p

Glow Plug
01-07-2003, 07:06 AM
Yeah if rico still doesn't want us to take his quad we could umm raffle it off??like everyone who sent in a donation over say 5 bucks get's a ticket then it's fare so that one person doesn't have like 5000tickets lol and then we have a draw an then the lucky name gets the bike :D :D

MSL
01-07-2003, 07:12 AM
How about a raffle on Leo's quad?

Do you have any idea how many tickets you would have to sell?

How did the last raffle that was held here do?

spincr4hire
01-07-2003, 07:18 AM
yeah, I wanted 6k for my quad, too...guess what, didn't happen...lost my ars on it. Life sux, get a helmet.

exriderdude
01-07-2003, 07:31 AM
im just gonna send some cash, aight;)

2fastandfurious
01-07-2003, 07:41 AM
I mean come on guys. I found 3 bucks in the cushions of my couch! Theres no reason you cant get a dollar to leo. I found 4 bucks in my car too!
-Ben

02 Red Rider
01-07-2003, 08:00 AM
I agree with 2 posts I just read:

1. If Ben thinks we should wait let's wait a day or two and see what is best. We may be making things worse for Leo by trying to do something nice for him.

2. If Leo will not accept the money let's run with upstate's idea, a raffle. To genrate $6k we would need 1200 entries at $5 or $600 entries at $10. Any overage would mean Leo would make a little more for his quad (probably what it is really worth) and there could possibly be a little left over to kick back to the site.

Any Thoughts Ben?

Razorback
01-07-2003, 08:14 AM
maybe Leo is secretly planning to get the new Honda when it shows up in a few years, and he wants to get a start on saving :D

Seriously, I think Leo has made his opinion known in this thread. He has his own reasons for selling the quad. If you put yourself in his position, he's got a really good asset that is being underutilized. When things settle down for him, AND he decides he wants to start riding again, then he can get back into the game.

The generosity of the members on here is very nice to see, though :)

Ben
01-07-2003, 08:18 AM
To be honest I don't believe that a raffle would be successful - the last raffle we ran was almost a disaster and it only needed to generate $500 to break even. As such, I truly believe that raising $6,000 from a raffle on here would be impossible.

The other idea would be to take binding pledges of donations, without actually accepting money, to see exactly how much money could be raised. Then we could go from there are see if anything is workable (i.e. if only $500 is raised then we should drop this idea for lack of a workable solution). I am looking to buy a 400ex to convert into a project quad for this site and if this plan actually raised several thousand dollars (i.e. at least $3,500) I would kick in the rest of the money to buy the quad from Leo. I doubt that such a great deal of money can be raised, however, so this is likely a moot discussion.

Regardless of what is done, we need to wait and see what Leo wants to do before ANY money is sent anywhere. :)

Ben

01-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Good luck gettin a nickel outa 3/4 of our members on here...I'd be glad to kick in some money once we find out what's goin on...

And what the heck is Leo building another house for?? He just finished building one,..,.It didn't fall down did it??:huh :eek:

knighttime
01-07-2003, 08:29 AM
he must have another wife, I cant think of another reason to get another house

Check out the for sale forum, leo says that he is buildin another house and is gonna get another EX when the new house is done. I think LEO's plan is to sell his 400EX to help build his new house for his extra wife and then when all thats done, he will by HONDA's new ???EX.

:D

Doibugu2
01-07-2003, 08:58 AM
I sent my money last night in the mail, so if it does not go to the Leo Fund, just donate to the site.

mysticfalcon
01-07-2003, 09:44 AM
I havent sent any money yet but let me know whats going on so i can get some money goin somewhere. If leo wont take my $10 i'll have to take myself out for a pizza. mmmmm Pizza

Ryan
01-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Ben, let me know what Leo's plans are and i'll find a way to send over $25.00 . I wanna shirt for some of that :D .

This type of thing happened to my dad or probably most of you older guys out there. My dad is a really big fan into Muscle Cars and when he was younger he had a ton of them. He had all these nice, sooped up fast cars which he really loved. Once he got married and had a new house he sold every single on of them including 3 snowmobiles. He said he never had time any more and needed money. He regrets it to this day and always says "Man, I wish I kept some of those cars, they are worth alot of money these days."
Even if it is only a quad its still just the point. Maybe in the near future you will find time to ride your ATV. Everyone always says they never have time but look around, theres plenty of time out there.:D . Except the cash, Keep the quad, and have a happy life. :square

quadfamily
01-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Donate the money and Leo can buy a shed to keep his quad in?!?!?

QuadTrix6
01-07-2003, 11:33 AM
i think tha BEN should buy the quad and use it for HOW TO's and product testing for the site. i sent my money so if LEO doesn't want it send it to ben for the site :cool:

Sportrax10
01-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
Donate the money and Leo can buy a shed to keep his quad in?!?!?

Thats a good idea!:macho

motochris
01-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Its in the mail.... It make ya feel good when you can help out or make someones life better..... Come on guys keep it up!!!....:D

thelegendarycd
01-07-2003, 01:22 PM
i'll get you a few dollars. i think the project quad thing is an awesome idea.

upstate rider
01-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Regardless of what is done, we need to wait and see what Leo wants to do before ANY money is sent anywhere. :)

Ben That sounds fine to go with what Leo wants. Ben I know you said a raffle may not do well and the shirts were not selling very fast. What do you think about making this a pay site now for only $2 from every member with the chance of winning Leo's quad and the remaining money go to help the site. I'm sure everyone could come up with at least $2 and there shoundn't be to many that can say thier not getting there moneys worth from this site.

Ryan
01-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by upstate rider
That sounds fine to go with what Leo wants. Ben I know you said a raffle may not do well and the shirts were not selling very fast. What do you think about making this a pay site now for only $2 from every member with the chance of winning Leo's quad and the remaining money go to help the site. I'm sure everyone could come up with at least $2 and there shoundn't be to many that can say thier not getting there moneys worth from this site.

Having this the (Only) pay site for atvs, you will loose alot of members doing this. Alot of the members on this site never come on, its usually just the regulars.

Its only $2 but when you think of it as, new people coming and signing up to the site, they see $2 and just blow it off. I don't think its such a good idea.

Im really tired so no flame if I confuse anyone.:huh :D

bansheeguy77
01-07-2003, 03:25 PM
noooo!!!! leo dont give the money to charity!

killed300ex
01-07-2003, 03:29 PM
ben what exactly do you mean as a project quad? Just curious. I think that we should do it anyway. then if leo ever changes his mind we could sell it back toi him for the same price then take thet money to buy another project and start from the ground up on that one pappy and chris waters could do the pc bling then we could add the parts then at the end it could get put on ebay or somehting and the money could just get put back into the site
killed
That or we give the money to leo and he keeps the 400 which id rather have happen just cause i know deep down inside he really doesnt want to sell the ex. Its a super quad why would you want to get rid of it. Kinda wish i has 6 grand to dumo inot a quad id buy it if i could but just cant afford it
ohh well

01-07-2003, 03:32 PM
if your going to use the 400ex for a project for exriders.com, consider this option.

exriders.com could become a company like the k&k or eastcoast, and we could let rico or somebody race it in the east.

everybody gives some mods to the 400ex :)

Ben
01-07-2003, 03:47 PM
The plan for the project quad is this: I am going to buy an Arens complete 400ex chassis and build a 400ex from the ground up using my own money for the whole process. I am going to get companies on board to help out as well. I will then review every aftermarket part on the quad. While I say project 400ex it will be legally mine as I will be the one funding the entire process :)

Ben

RideRed04
01-07-2003, 04:32 PM
So no more leo fund?

sheaff400ex
01-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Count me in for five.

Ryan

Ryan
01-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
So no more leo fund?

I guess not. We could probably give donations to Ben to get the 400ex setup. :confused:

RideRed04
01-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Alright, well, I'm ordering a bunch of stuff right now from the store, so there is part of my donation. If I send the check to joe, can it get sent to ben for the project bike if the leo fund is dead?

Poncho
01-07-2003, 05:36 PM
I've got $10.

But what are we gonna do now?

4punksdad
01-07-2003, 07:05 PM
thread closed until a decision is made. please stop sending checks. if leo declines the fund money..........I will return any checks that have been sent so far.