PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel "lost" without your quad?

madskrillz2
06-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah I've just been really bummed out lately because I can't ride at all. Fortunately things are starting to look up. Should be getting my motor to ship out soon and get everything powdercoated and purty.

BlaineKaiser450
06-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I always feel really down if i dont ride at least once a week

BakerRacing40
06-30-2009, 09:41 PM
ya it can be a real bummer.. i was out for over two months due to injury and the 450 i rebuilt it and it still had to sit for almost a month before i could even test it out and make sure it was all good...

Quad18star
06-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I've been bummed since I got rid of the YFZ . I hardly even use my Grizzly either ... this year I took it out for 2 rides ... the most use it gets is during the winter to plow the driveway.

I've actually been contemplating selling it ... since I don't use it often enough and it's going to cost me some $$ in the near future. I have to replace wheels bearings , brake pads all around , needs a rear caliper ( expensive) and it needs a motor job done since it's starting to smoke and I'm afraid to tear into it not knowing exactly what it's going to need and cost. I think the only reason I keep it around is cuz it saves me from busting my back shoveling snow in the winter. :(

bad450r08
06-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Ive been without my bike for a little more than two months now. Im going crazy. And the thing is all i need are new valves. I tried to save money by getting my uncle to do it but he never has time. So i am waiting on him.

tyman2395
06-30-2009, 11:49 PM
i had my bike apart since october i feel like i am lost in the forest and i am trapped lol but my rebuild is almost done only 400 more bucks lol

07-01-2009, 12:37 AM
I feel your pain... I haven't rode since April 11th and can't ride again until August 13th... Atleast hopefully. August 14th I'll be heading out to Little Sahara sand dunes for atleast 2 or 3 days. :D Stupid ACL...

BakerRacing40
07-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by tyman2395
i had my bike apart since october i feel like i am lost in the forest and i am trapped lol but my rebuild is almost done only 400 more bucks lol

i know how that goes you figure and figure and say i need 400 and it'll be done then little bs comes up and it ends up being 600... lol

QuadJunkies
07-01-2009, 12:59 AM
My ole man sold his pride and joy last spring to pay bills and keep my kids racing for the rest of the season. He lost his job and selling his quad was very hard for him.
He has been sooo lost without his ride .:( That is his escape from a hard week at work...for us, its an outlet and way to clear your head and kick up some laughs with freinds and family.
We have thought about looking for another one here soon ,he def. deserves it.

csr250r
07-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Whenever my quad is broke I get borderline depressed. Its not the same without it. My dad says I should save my money for something other than my quad but that is difficult to do.

BakerRacing40
07-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by csr250r
Whenever my quad is broke I get borderline depressed. Its not the same without it. My dad says I should save my money for something other than my quad but that is difficult to do.

why in the world didn't we all decide to have a cheaper habit? checkers, hallmark card collector, knitting lol ... i know i've spent a lot of money on four wheeler and racing..

but you know how to end up with a small fortune racing? start with a huge fortune!

JRP
07-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Im with you madskillz, its been comming up on 5 months for me, lack of funds, but now I landed a job, motor will be done today, and should have it ready tomorrow or friday! Can't wait!

06 Honda 450R
07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
i know how you feel, i just took my quad up to the shop and im already missing it, im gonna be puttin 3 grand plus in it for the mess up of another ****ty shop... i have 60 hours on a stock compression piston and its ****... the other shop honed out the cylander to big and put deep deep scratches in the wall so i have to put in a new cylander but i was planning on doin work on my bike, i am puttin in a 13.75 to 1 cp piston in, web cam tt cam, port and polish the head by my amazing shop and team, lighter valves, and a whole bunch of other stuff, oh and replacing my chitty afcos that my other shop sold to me that wernt even for a quad and replacing them with race techs all around... its gonna rip

gcart2
07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
well if it matters i am riding today, my final ride. :p

bout to see one bad *** 450 up for sale in florida

k4f5x0r
07-01-2009, 09:20 AM
if i dont get to ride atleast once a week because of rain or whatever reason i go out of my mind. riding is really like 50 percent of my life. the dirtike and quad combined :o

eastcoastpro20
07-01-2009, 10:24 AM
im in the exact same postion, im waitin on my motor and were paintin my frame, i havent rode in about a month.

mittman
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Its been 2 weeks for me :( Ive been working and just got back from the beach last week should be riding today but I have 5 acres of grass to cut.

400ex28
07-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Been 6 months without a quad.. really missing racing.

j_cyrus3
07-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Mine has been sitting for 3 months. I took it apart to get it freshened up, I just took my motor to my builder last week. Another guy is doing the head on it, waiting on him to get it ported and polished and it will be ready to go back together. I don't know if I can remember how it came apart or not :ermm: lol

madskrillz2
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
My ole man sold his pride and joy last spring to pay bills and keep my kids racing for the rest of the season. He lost his job and selling his quad was very hard for him.
He has been sooo lost without his ride .:( That is his escape from a hard week at work...for us, its an outlet and way to clear your head and kick up some laughs with freinds and family.
We have thought about looking for another one here soon ,he def. deserves it.

That's EXACTLY how I feel. It's the best escape I can think of when it comes to just clearing your head of all the crap you've had to deal with over the week. Can't think of one time I've been on the track thinking about anything other than how much fun I'm having.

Going on 4 months without anything now. I feel like I'm gonna pull my hair out.

csr250r
07-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
why in the world didn't we all decide to have a cheaper habit? checkers, hallmark card collector, knitting lol ... i know i've spent a lot of money on four wheeler and racing..

but you know how to end up with a small fortune racing? start with a huge fortune!

This knitting thing sounds like it would be good for me. lol

Yea my quad is where all my money goes period. I need a rebuild on my mustang but I have no idea when thats going to happen because my drinking team has a racing problem.

hondariderdylan
07-01-2009, 04:01 PM
ive been in south GA the past month and the only quad time i have got was riding my uncles foreman 400 about 30 feet

it sucks:mad:
oh well
i get to go XC racing when i get back about middle of this month:D
and a new set of razr II fronts

Wills77
07-01-2009, 04:20 PM
after not having a quad for over 2 years
the whole time working towards a quad by trading dirtbikes and cash and alot of driving i finally ended up with a quad again
1 month later= 450r cases crack
1 week after that= transmission in my 06 silverado goes
1 week after that= transmission goes Again
Quad= still torn apart in my garage : (

quad2xtreme
07-01-2009, 04:22 PM
I have trouble concentrating on my real job if my quad needs any type of repair.

Pipeless416
07-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I have trouble concentrating on my real job if my quad needs any type of repair.

when i was fabbing up my duals and rebuilding everything, my mind was ALWAYS on that and the next steps i had to take, whether i wanted it there or not. i wish i could have concentrated on my classes a little more :rolleyes: :p

madskrillz2
07-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme

That's what I'll do in class. If I'm bored with what the teacher is sayin, something about quads is on my mind.

KevinAb
07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
This knitting thing sounds like it would be good for me. lol

Yea my quad is where all my money goes period. I need a rebuild on my mustang but I have no idea when thats going to happen because my drinking team has a racing problem.

I haven't been drag racing for a couple years because of the expense of it. I'll keep it on the street and try to behave. The quad is a much cheaper hobby.