PDA

View Full Version : Quad Insurance!!!

Sjorge450R
06-30-2009, 04:05 PM
I called Geiko and they told me $900 and something a year?!?!? WTH!

i dont even pay that much for my truck. Let me know where an dhow much you guys are paying. This is rediculus?

The rep told me that you need to have liability and i couldnt get it through his head that all I wanted was theft.....stupid reps out for the commision money. All he wanted to do was force me to "Use a credit card now and we can start the policy right away"

rollie
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
i am deff looking into it as well, wayyyy to many people have been getting there bikes stolen lately

cbrooks118
06-30-2009, 04:39 PM
I have my three quads (2 450's and a 80 raptor) covered under my homeowner's policy for $200 a year for all three. I believe they are under a farm equipment/saddles category. I have Germania Ins.

I was in the same boat as you, just wanting theft protection. That covers them form theft from my home and even if I travel with them and they are stolen. Only bad part is that they are subject to my home's deductible, but still better than paying full price.

TWISTED
06-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Mine is through Liberty Mutual, and is good for $20k with a $500 deductible, as long as I can provide receipts for all the aftermarket stuff.... I think it's around $200 a year.....

Pipeless416
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
state farm.. its about 260/year for theft and liability for each.

250RXCrider
06-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
state farm.. its about 260/year for theft and liability for each.

I got the same thing with State Farm for $15 a month, 04 450R

Sjorge450R
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
now the quad is in my dads name, that would mean that i should tell them that i am the rider, but that jacks up the price?

Since there is no collision, i can only claim as stolen so should I just say he is the one riding?

State farm is getting a call tomorrow!!!

250RXCrider
06-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
now the quad is in my dads name, that would mean that i should tell them that i am the rider, but that jacks up the price?

Since there is no collision, i can only claim as stolen so should I just say he is the one riding?

State farm is getting a call tomorrow!!!

The plan I have covers things like if the quad is stolen, falls of the trailer or if you wrap it around a tree. If you run it into someones parked car it does not cover getting the car repaired. I would have your father call. I had the insurance on my first quad at age 20 and this is the only plan I have with State Farm.

Sjorge450R
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 250RXCrider
The plan I have covers things like if the quad is stolen, falls of the trailer or if you wrap it around a tree. If you run it into someones parked car it does not cover getting the car repaired. I would have your father call. I had the insurance on my first quad at age 20 and this is the only plan I have with State Farm.

my dad doesnt do phone calls.....lol Thats something that i have to do...

quad2xtreme
06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I had mine through Erie Insurance. It was cheaper to insure 4 than 2. I used to have a moped frame that I insured as my 4th. The discounts for 4 units is amazing with Erie.

Quad18star
06-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Gotta ask , why do you not want liability? I would NEVER EVER in my life go without liability on any vehicle ( car , truck, atv , boat, sled , moped , etc) that I would own. I've been involved in an accident in which the other party had no liability , and let's just say, I wouldn't want to be paying out what they're having to pay out.

My suggestion , pay out the extra few dollars per month that it costs for liability and cover your ***. Would you be more upset having to replace a stolen quad for $8000 or having to find $800 000 to pay out in legal costs?

MX MaNiAc 06
07-01-2009, 12:12 AM
$90 a year Erie insurance. Theft, liability. PA requires you to pay insurance in order to have a title.

07-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by 250RXCrider

I have pretty much the same policy as you and I pay $140 a year. Paid the same amount last year at 17 as well. Mine's through a local insurance company.. Can't remember the name ATM.

07-01-2009, 08:10 AM
i pay 120 a year through state farm for full coverage...same coverage as i have on my vehicles...for a 400ex...and it covers aftermarket goodies as long as i can prove they were on there...when i had the 450r it was 230 a year for the same coverage...it was a brand new 2006 450r....my deductibles are/were low...50 comprehensive, 250 collision...

mittman
07-01-2009, 10:42 AM
02 400ex, 02 honda foreman, 05 yamaha yfz, 07 yamaha rhino 660. full coverage threw state farm is only like 370 a year. Its about 90 for each. The rhino is a little bit more than the rest but not by much.

Scro
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
How much are you guys saying your quad is worth? Or do you even have to give them that information? I've got more than 16 grand in mine. Won't this make the insurance more expensive?

johnnyquad17
07-01-2009, 02:35 PM
USAA insurance them for just theft if you want or full coverage. I have theft only it is really inexpensive. I think it is 7 a month.

TWISTED
07-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Scro
How much are you guys saying your quad is worth? Or do you even have to give them that information? I've got more than 16 grand in mine. Won't this make the insurance more expensive?

I've got between $14-15K in mine, and as long as I can provide receipts, mine is covered up to $20k, with a $500 deductible....

Sjorge450R
07-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Gotta ask , why do you not want liability? I would NEVER EVER in my life go without liability on any vehicle ( car , truck, atv , boat, sled , moped , etc) that I would own. I've been involved in an accident in which the other party had no liability , and let's just say, I wouldn't want to be paying out what they're having to pay out.

My suggestion , pay out the extra few dollars per month that it costs for liability and cover your ***. Would you be more upset having to replace a stolen quad for $8000 or having to find $800 000 to pay out in legal costs?

my quad stays on private tracks and facilities. Never on public land. Racing as far as I am aware is ride at your own risk so.....

I jut want theft insurance because quads get jacked around here all the time.

derekhonda
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I've got between $14-15K in mine, and as long as I can provide receipts, mine is covered up to $20k, with a $500 deductible....

So they are doing replacement cost and not a fair market value? you sure? when you wreck a 99 ford f150 they don't give you enough to go get an 09, i think you better check on that, alot of time the wording is tricky, will say something like "will reimburse completely or give fair market value, whichever is lower"

Wheelie
07-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I just payed my quad insurance for the year--$237 for a year. Full coverage plus $3k in aftermarket coverage. I go through Progressive.