PDA

View Full Version : how loud does your engine knock?

uchi
06-30-2009, 03:39 PM
i know each atv has a tick to the motor, my honda does and so does the pred, but the preds knock sounds a bit louder and seems like it might be coming from the left side engine cover. what could be making noise in there? i know the motors been bored and has a +4 mil crank in it. it revs up nice and quick and makes tons of power so it doesnt seem like its spun a bearing or anything. it just for some reason has a knock to it. not sure loud but louder than my honda. and when i rev it up it seems like it starts to go away

powertechn2
07-01-2009, 04:13 PM
did you do the stroke job?

on most engines when you stroke them, you have to grind certain areas in the case for clearance for the added stroke... maybe this wasnt done?

sometimes it just barely touches, enough to make noise but not enough to cause immediate damage.

just an idea, i dont have a pred

rundrave
07-01-2009, 04:20 PM
its completely normal

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=401686

uchi
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Sweet thanks bud. Thank god I was starting to think this thing was ready to blow. Lol.

katch26
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
not sure knocking is normal but it depends on what it sounds like and where its coming from. The fugi motor is somewhat noisy but mine doesnt knock. If the idle is too low it will sound like a gun cocking or metallicy knock (like every 4th stroke) from the auto decomp kicking.

try adjusting the idle knob it also helps preserve the one way better if its not always dying and kicking back

uchi
07-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Ill take a video of it. I think if it was a bad knock it wouldn't make the power it does and it probably would have broken something by now