PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket suspention, whats good?

takechances9
06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I wanna look into a suspention for ky KFX400. I already have a plus 1 rear axle and would like to get plus 2 front a arms with shocks all around. What would be a good brand to look into, the most bang for your buck kinda deal? id like to find a brand that sells a plus 2 kit with shocks already included that mould be nice but id like to hear what yous have to say. Thanks!

NAZ450r
06-30-2009, 11:22 AM
houser is a good a arm company and they sell kits with elkas

Colby@C&DRacing
07-01-2009, 08:29 AM
ATVFOURPLAY and Houser both make quality a-arms. There are many options for shocks, We use Race Tech G3-S shocks on a lot of our race quads and have been really happy with the quality and performance.

BlaineKaiser450
07-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Motowoz/SMC!!!! I have that setup on my 450 and its supreme. Inexpensive too

Flynbryan19
07-01-2009, 10:34 AM
I am currently using Burgard a-arms and Elka shocks. Compared to others it is a good inexpensive combo. What year Kfx do you have? If you have an 05' or later model you could just buy a-arms and have your stock shocks rebuilt for the arms. GT Thunder does this and does a GREAT job.

takechances9
07-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Its a 2005. my stock shocks can't handle the jumps at the track that i ride. bottoming out all the time gets old real quick if you no what i mean. i would like to have a inexpensive fix for the problem and rebuliding the stock shocks might work you. What this GT Thunder your talking about do they have a website or contact info? Id deffinently like to look into it Thanks!

gpd005
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
www.gtthunder.com they will get you exactly what you need. Or go with the HLS shocks that GT Thunder makes!

Flynbryan19
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Follow that link GPD005 gave you. That is their site. They are very popular in the XC world and also do mx setups as well. I started off with their rear stock rebuild and then had my front elkas rebuilt by them. I later had them rebuild the elkas when I got my aftermarket arms. All three times I have been amazed at how much better my atv performed.

procircuit406ex
07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by gpd005
www.gtthunder.com they will get you exactly what you need. Or go with the HLS shocks that GT Thunder makes!

x2. HLS Elites and a rear rebuild/link is the way to go

takechances9
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
i checked out their site it looks like a good place. So do you think rebuilding my stock shocks will solve my bottoming out? Will that be enough? Im probibaly going to try that eithier way it fits my budget for now i just hope it makes as big as a difference for me as it did for you, Thanks Man!

procircuit406ex
07-02-2009, 04:51 AM
If I still had stock shocks, thats what I would do. Its good to bottom your suspension sometimes, you are using all the travel of the shock. Just dont lie to the shock builder about your weight or anything and you'll be good

Flynbryan19
07-02-2009, 06:39 AM
His work should be more than adequate for you. If your just starting out in mx right till I'd say probably a upper level B rider the stock rebuilds should be fine. High end shocks are nice, but are not neccesarry till you really get up there in skill level. Even then I have seen national gncc pros that ran stock rebuilds. Its all in how they're set up.

When I gave him my weight I added 15-20lbs to it to compensate for my riding gear.

takechances9
07-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks for your help guys

Wheelie
07-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I love my Houser/Elka combo. Night and day difference over stock. They are the basic non-adjustable Elkas BTW. Great shocks, would buy them again, same with the arms. Quality of both pieces are top notch.

kdawgwoody
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
you might check out ARS FX arms and EXIT shocks if decide to go with a whole new set up, I have them on mine and they are amazing, of course everyone likes thier own better but really these guys have a great set up.
http://www.zbrozracing.com you can see all thier stuff here.