PDA

View Full Version : roll form tap?

rob_990
06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
anyone know what this is or where to get it?today we got the bottom end of my motor put back together and now im stuck cause i got gtt studs and i dont know how to install them.how did the rest of u guys install them?

thanks,
rob.

F-16Guy
06-30-2009, 09:16 AM
I had them installed. Print off the instructions/specs from the GT Thunder website, and then find a local machine shop and have them installed. Studs aren't something you want to mess up while trying to do it yourself; it might end up costing you a cylinder.

riotact
06-30-2009, 09:46 AM
If you are lucky enough to have a Bridgeport and machining skills or know someone that does then go to MSC Direct online and do a search and you'll be able to buy one there.I wouldnt even try to do it not even on a drill press.

F-16Guy
07-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I had them installed. Print off the instructions/specs from the GT Thunder website, and then find a local machine shop and have them installed. Studs aren't something you want to mess up while trying to do it yourself; it might end up costing you a cylinder.

I hate to say it, but I told you so.
Let this be a lesson to other DIYers. Some things are better left to the pros.

katch26
07-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I hate to say it, but I told you so.
Let this be a lesson to other DIYers. Some things are better left to the pros.

people don't hate to say it or they wouldn't. kind of like in talladega nights with the "with all due respect" line. :) sucks about your cylinder though.

rob_990
07-03-2009, 06:00 PM
i know im so pissed i havent ridden in over a month and now i gotta wait even longer

F-16Guy
07-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by katch26
people don't hate to say it or they wouldn't. kind of like in talladega nights with the "with all due respect" line. :) sucks about your cylinder though.
I really do hate to see stuff like that happen. I know the frustration of being so close to being done and then having the worst possible thing happen. Sometimes you have to make the mistake yourself before you start to realize what things you should and shouldn't try yourself. The good news is that it's a 400ex, and parts are a dime a dozen, so it isn't that big of a deal -- just a frustrating setback.