PDA

View Full Version : trying to quiet it down for a day.

bergoff
06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
i'm going to take my little bro riding on the cheese county trail and dont want to get a ticket for load pipe. i have a white bros r4 with a spark arrestor installed. its really loud do you guys think that it would hurt to install some steel wool infront of the spark arrestor. i only ride this trail when he is down. so its only for a day. i dont want to be like a friend and have a $165 ticket. thanks guys.

Pipeless416
06-29-2009, 09:36 PM
do you have your stock pipe laying around? whenever we ride there, my brother takes off his e series and swaps it with his stock pipe.. although, they usually nab the people riding like idiots. if i see dnr i either go a gear high and lug, or i just pull the clutch in as i pass. never had a problem yet and thats with an hmf.. i had the quiet core installed though..

bergoff
06-29-2009, 10:01 PM
i have the stock pipe but the guy that i bought it from cut it in half and welded it back together. he removed all of the guts and it sounds terrible. i guess that the dnr is out alot on there. they have been checking all of the aftermarket pipes so i have been told. need to make some cash i guess to help balance the states budget. lol