PDA

View Full Version : coolant in oil..need help..

trailbossman08
06-29-2009, 07:29 PM
hi,
The last time I rode I noticed I was very low on oil. I went to top off the oil tank and noticed that it was completley full and my coolant level was low. The coolant has leaked in to the oil. Any ideas of what it could be or how to fix it would be appreciated. The only things I can think of are a bad head gasket or cracked head. Also is this a common problem for Polaris Predators?...Thanks

powertechn2
06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
if you have coolant in the oil it would appear kinda like a milkshake after running, the water and oil will sorta mix but be like relaly nasty, kinda foam like in consistency.

if you havent ran it when you noticed this, if you just drain the oil, the water will settle to the bottom and drain out first and you will see a difference when it goes from water to oil, obviously you should be able to tell the difference while draining it.

and, well, head gasket, water pump seal, head issues, crack in water jacket... thats about it.

also, the carb could be leaking down, but you would smell fuel, and oil would be really thin.