06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Great post.

Would read again!

400EXtreme
06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
GO 2 STROKES!

csr250r
06-29-2009, 11:27 PM
2 and 4 strokes will soon both be behind. I saw an electric dirtbike at the track the other day!

Imagine when they get very efficent batteries that have long lasting charges and weigh less. No gas, no emission, less weigh, less moving parts, well you figure it out.

XCRacer236
06-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
2 and 4 strokes will soon both be behind. I saw an electric dirtbike at the track the other day!

Imagine when they get very efficent batteries that have long lasting charges and weigh less. No gas, no emission, less weighT, less moving parts, well you figure it out.

in our lifetime? highly doubt it. cars aren't even to that point. and still far from.

ProspectorJim
06-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
in our lifetime? highly doubt it. cars aren't even to that point. and still far from.

its already beginning to happen. I'm still not convinced that plug in electric vehicles are the future though. Hydrogen is a much more viable fuel source.

Ruby Soho
06-30-2009, 09:00 AM
i like working on gasoline engines:(

i think even though the future is electric or hydrogen etc.. gasoline engines will still be around for awile..

nakomis0
06-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
its already beginning to happen. I'm still not convinced that plug in electric vehicles are the future though. Hydrogen is a much more viable fuel source.

I'm an electrician so I am bias, but.. Electric is bad as hell. the power it produces is unreal. There is no HP curve on the dyno, its peak HP on demand. Also maintenance its way cleaner & easier to work on. This tech is also available right now. Its the cost thats holding it back and that cost is mainly batteries and that tech is growing in leaps and bounds.

Even RC cars, the top of the line electric is going to smoke the top of the line gas & nitros. I have one and my truck is faster and runs longer. 1 battery equals 3 tanks of gas. (approx 45 min. of run time)

Not sure whats gonna happen with Hydro, I do work for a shop that is developing the tech for the Toyota and I see kinda whats going on and how these cars run. It looks like these things are still about 15yrs away. And don't have the power that people love.

I would love to have this... and its kinda affordable $49k.. not affordable to me but I'm poor.
http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php

And heres some dude who just wanted to make a fast homemade electric car. Theres also an electric bike near the end doing 0-60 in 2 sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369h-SEBXd8&feature=PlayList&p=B4AE49F8AE5E0824&index=0&playnext=1

06-30-2009, 10:11 AM
**** electric quads and dirt bikes. No way in hell I would ever EVER buy one. That's so gay in so many ways. There's nothing like pushing the starter and hearing that engine start up with a mean growl. There's nothing like kicking a 2-stroke and hearing that engine whine up. Not only would electric sound boring, and make races boring, they just suck. As soon as you turn it on, and ride it, it slowly gets slower and slower.

I'm gonna burn gas and haul @ss till the day I die. Nuff said. :macho

06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh, and another thing, electric cars will NEVER work.

If most of the world drove electric cars, think about it. The amount of electricity needed when everyone plugs their cars in at night would be unfathomable. All those batteries... all those cars... that's a LOT of electricity. And guess what... electricity doesn't come out of nowhere. Guess what produces electricity... nuclear power plants! Guess what now we're back to step one! Nuclear power plants produce a LOT of emissions and we would need a LOT more of them, to create all this electricity. I don't want to hear about windmills and waterfalls. There have been a ton of electrical engineers that have already said, windmills and waterfalls would not be sufficient. We would need way way too many of them it would be impossible, to power all these cars.

So in my opinion electric is a joke and should be kept to lights and appliances.

Now.. hydrogen on the other hand... I see a future with.

csr250r
06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow I now feel dumber from reading both your posts.

Yea I remeber when people said the backflip was impossible... they have already landed doubles.

Well I think its a matter of how much time. Look at the fast electric rc cars. And where do you think gasoline comes from einstein? Its not magically in the pumps at your local shell, and its non renewable. Electricity IS renewable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4Te5sDrMw&feature=related

zyoung04
06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
wheres the wankel motors at lol their kinda like a 3 stroke......their popular in cars a go karts....mazda has used them for years y not put one on a quad or dirt bike

06-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by csr250r
Wow I now feel dumber from reading both your posts.

Yea I remeber when people said the backflip was impossible... they have already landed doubles.

Well I think its a matter of how much time. Look at the fast electric rc cars. And where do you think gasoline comes from einstein? Its not magically in the pumps at your local shell, and its non renewable. Electricity IS renewable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF4Te5sDrMw&feature=related

Electric is renewable.. but oil isn't. Well, at least barely. And guess what you have to burn to make electricity... OIL! What a concept. I'm not saying to keep using oil and forget about it, but what im saying is, electricity is not the answer. It takes too much energy.

And actually, oil IS renewable. There is a company that figured out how to produce oil.. It's called LS9 http://www.ls9.com/ They figured out a way to produce oil with bacteria. Check out the site. And they claimed that they can power the country with this system... fuel the country... if the government let them set up a station in each state. They don't need a very large one. But the government won't let them. They make too much money off of taxing oil.

So technically, we can use petroleum FOREVER... it's renewable. But these eco-freaks and the government won't let it happen. And don't start talking about that global warming bull****. It's fake.. and people who still believe in it.. im at a loss of words for.

ProspectorJim
06-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Electric is renewable.. but oil isn't. Well, at least barely. And guess what you have to burn to make electricity... OIL! What a concept. I'm not saying to keep using oil and forget about it, but what im saying is, electricity is not the answer. It takes too much energy.

You don't NEED to burn anything to produce electricity. All you have to do is spin a turbine, which is usually done by creating steam and using it to turn the turbine. The steam can be created by burning fossil fuels(usually coal not Oil), natural gas, pretty much anything.

There is also a company that has figured out how to effectively burn garbage for power and filter out the harmful chemicals going out into the air.

OzLinc
06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

And actually, oil IS renewable. There is a company that figured out how to produce oil.. It's called LS9 http://www.ls9.com/ They figured out a way to produce oil with bacteria. Check out the site. And they claimed that they can power the country with this system... fuel the country... if the government let them set up a station in each state. They don't need a very large one. But the government won't let them. They make too much money off of taxing oil.

So technically, we can use petroleum FOREVER... it's renewable. But these eco-freaks and the government won't let it happen. And don't start talking about that global warming bull****. It's fake.. and people who still believe in it.. im at a loss of words for.

Com'on.......don't be so closed minded. How much electricity do you think they need to produce that "renewable" oil.

The future is in electricity..........and the R&D spent will be on electricity production not the vehicles.

I still think the Internal Combustion Engine has it's place but it will be in the recreation scene not the mass transit system.

Linc

nakomis0
06-30-2009, 08:46 PM
hahaha.. One company 'claims' they can make oil. So now its renewable? Oil has alot of specific properties that make it valuable, there claim has alot to live up to.

And electricity is not made just from oil, its made by a number of different means. They are also coming up with more efficient ways to produce it everyday.

Lets go here... Nuclear power plants produce alot of emissions? Are you talking carbon emissions, cause the operation of the plant should be near zero carbon emissions, its nuclear.

You also base your statement that electric cars will never work because thats alot of cars to plug in at night. Well really its only going to be 30-50amps, about as much as a dryer or AC unit. Honestly that is alot of power if every house is doing it, but its not out of hand, most people will be charging their cars at night when power consumption is at its lowest.

Electric is so easy too, I mean I could make one of them in my garage seriously. Heres the components to an electric car... Motor, battery & speed control.... Thats freakin it! No transmissions, no cams, valves, cylinders, cranks, messy oils. Try making a hydro car in your garage. Its also powerful, gas or hydro cannot compare. Electric is bad as hell, better recognize.

Ok I'm done ranting....:)

ProspectorJim
06-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0

Lets go here... Nuclear power plants produce alot of emissions? Are you talking carbon emissions, cause the operation of the plant should be near zero carbon emissions, its nuclear.

Yea, the only "emissions" from a nuclear plant should be steam. Now there is the problem of radioactive waste though.

nakomis0
06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Now there is the problem of radioactive waste though.

.. aaay, just send it to Canada.:)

06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
the power we have now cannot support the world if everyone had plug in electric vehicles. I like the idea of hydrogen better. True its great having that nice sound when you start a gasoline engine and get on it and I would miss that.

yam450_53
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Some of you guys should do some research before you start typing nonsense. I'm surprised only "nuclear power plants" was mentionned as an electricity producer. Ever hear of hydroelectric dams? A substantial amount of your electricity comes from Canada, we sell the majority of our electricity to your country. You know, we actually have RIVERS, yes, Flowing rivers that are not frozen over. There are many ways of producing electricity, but obviously some young people here think only nuclear power plants (which cost BILLIONS) exist, I mean if it ain't in the u.s. it doesn't exist right?

Anyway, there are more and more alternatives to oil but the fact is that they remain light years behind in the lucrative department. Is green as good and promising as it sounds or is it just another way to make money by making people feel involved? I am not pessimistic by any means, I appreciate the steps that are taken to make the environment cleaner, but money talks loud and pretty much every green product out there is more expensive than standard ones.

So yeah, this was a thread about 2 strokes right? phew

907Rider
06-30-2009, 10:17 PM
2strokes 4ever :) **** 4chokes

tt racer
07-02-2009, 09:20 AM
There is nothing like a 2 stroke i pray they bring out a yamaha 250r that weighs like 275 lbs full aluminum long travel with 50 hp stock omg ill be back!

krt400ex
07-02-2009, 12:08 PM
this is something all two stroke die hards wanted to read. im very happy right now lol

bundy
07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
in some ways i feel government may be a roadblock to electric ( unless they find a new way to tax it) as a large portion of what u pay at the pump goes to government coffers... if u don't buy gas government loses out on revenue

jcs003
07-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by zyoung04
wheres the wankel motors at lol their kinda like a 3 stroke......their popular in cars a go karts....mazda has used them for years y not put one on a quad or dirt bike

the rotary engines that felix wankel invented are cool, but aren't efficient. the only have 3 moving parts but are very faulty.

2 stroke is where its at. they actually use HUGe 2 cycle engines in industry. 4 strokes just waste energy.