PDA

View Full Version : 2009 AMA ATV Motocross Nationals #8 - Muddy Creek - ATV Race Coverage

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:58 AM
The series would find us traveling south to Tennessee for round #8 of the AMA ATV Motocross series and mother nature sure set us up for a cooker!

I've been to hotter races, but I decided to spend a few days in the mountains before heading over to the race and it was a big shock to feel the difference between the cool mountain air that I left!

Before we dive into the racing action, I am under threats to post a few of the wildlife pictures I captured during my visit into God's country:p I always get alot of complements on my wildlife photography and as you can geuss, it's what I enjoy shooting the most. Now don't get me wrong, I love shooting ATV racing, but sneaking up on Doug Gust doesn't offer the challenge of some of the things I go after:D

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
The regions wildlife is almost everywhere, and while the tourist areas are busy this time of year, there is plenty to do just an hours drive form the track. Maybe next year, you too can take an extra day or two and catch your own memories.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Luckily for me my family has grown up outdoors with me as they have been beside me for some awesome displays of what God has created for us all. This trip would be no different as we stood together as a family at dawn and watched wild turkeys come off thier roost to begin thier day.

Now, I know a few of you are asking what in the world does this stuff have to do with racing?

Well, I will tell you:p

As each of you fullfill your dreams on the track, I am fullfilling mine and it's YOU I have to thank for it. The support you all have shown this website has provided me with a means to see much of the country that I couldn't have otherwise. It has allowed me to make sure my family gets to see things that majority of people today miss and it has allowed me to share with you all what I have seen. So when you shake my hand at the track or at an event and say "thanks", it is I that am truly thankfull for your support.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Now being in a position sometimes to get a shot of a rider can be very dangerous. Every photographer out there can get run down any second and we know it. There isn't anything hero about it, if you want the shot you do what you can and try to be as safe as possible. My wife reads me the riot act all the time about taking risks, and I tell her it's no where near the risk the riders take and over the years she has accepted that sooner or later I will get plowed and life rolls on:p

Well, I gave her something new to fret over on this trip:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey, atleast she didn't lock me out of the truck when I got between a Momma bear and her 3 cubs:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
The area was beautiful and we enjoyed our time there. I will be heading back for a few more days before Loretta Lynn's and have 2 more trips scheduled to this area in the fall for more wildlife and the fall colors.

It was time to head out of the hills and back to work as friday drew to a close.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:10 AM
When I first arrived at the track, I could see how muddy it was. I asked a few questions and found out that the track crew had prepped and watered heavily and then soon after a ton of rain from a summer storm pounded the track.

Saturday morning was going to be slick and muddy for everyone

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Womens Pro AM was on the track and it was the usual battle between Heather Byrd and Michelle Natalie. Muddy Creek is a technically challenging track and making up time is hard if the rider in front of you doesn't make mistakes!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:14 AM
The running order in moto 1 remain constant with Byrd riding to the win.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Jamie Jones would ride to a 3rd place finish in moto 1

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I got asked who I write these coverage threads for, and it's an answer with several directions:p

It's for the fans, who can't travel and want to see the race and expierence it through the coverage. And for the families that couldnt make the trip. Our live coverage of the events takes atleast two people and one big long distance phone bill every round, but we wouldnt have it any other way! And if there are technical difficulties, my wife lets me know it when I get home if our son is racing so trust me, we know how much it sucks if something doesnt go as planned!

It's for the racers, for whom we do our very best to support no matter what class they happen to be in. Although we can't cover every class, we try and mix it up the best we can.

It's for the sport, as this website is focused on bringing the world of atv racing and it's lifestyle to the world. The entire world gets to see a glimpse inside the sport which hopefully will lead to growth for us all.

So, with that in mind, if it sounds like we are explaining some details that you racers have heard or read a zillion times, bare with us as we hope to bring more folks to the track and into the sport through our efforts and your continued cooperation

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Now for the amatuer racers, I think this track seperates those who have some serious skills and will deffinatley weigh heavily favored to those in good physical shape.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
I love this track for first turn pictures, but I am not so sure alot of racers like the down hill run that immediatley follows. It's a blast to watch and it always impresses me how well the racers tackle it. Everyone has to run the same track so like it or not, the gate will drop and you'll be in it in a matter of seconds!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Flat corners, off cambers, Muddy Creek seems to really offer up a challenging course. It's no wonder it hosts several prestigous rounds of racing for the bikes that garner nationwide attention.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Several rythm and whoops sections will test your skills as you go bar to bar through them. These guys all make it look to easy:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
The jumps here at Muddy Creek range from mild to wild and big air is combined with a very technical approach.....and some serious braking as the landing often leads to a downhill turn!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
The youth racers will blow your mind as they work this track. It flat out amazes me how talented these kids are and the layout here really showcases thier talents.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I've been covering racing for along time, and I can tell you that in the years to come, we will be treated to some of the best racing ever as these guys grow through the ranks. The things they are learning now will make them the next crop of Pro's and when they get to that level, it will be insane to watch.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:51 AM
One racer that has honed his skills in the youth ranks is #77 Nicholas Moser. Moser is climbing the ranks and will soon be a rider that will be primed for the Pro Am classes. He is pretty smooth, very fast and very dedicated and his results are showing his skill level.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Sometimes being a great racer doesn't always equal your name in the win column. For Matt Shapaka, this season has been a struggle but he was looking pretty determined here at Muddy Creek. Shapaka is one of those racers you cheer for just because he is an all around good guy, and is a great ambassador to our sport. It's not uncommon to see him with a gaggle of kids surrounding him as he seems to be the go to guy for a good laugh!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Pro Am Unlimited has been a hotbed of action this season as several riders are capable of claiming wins at every round. Good close racing makes it all the better for the fans and it makes great competitors for those capable of doing battle!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Cody Gibson is one of those riders who demands attention. He is a monster on an atv, riding it literally at the edge of control. Some say he has a style alot like the great Jeremiah Jones.....not a bad act to follow as long as you can handle it and Gibson has been proving on the edge is where he likes to live!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:09 PM
In moto 1, it looked like Gibson and Joel Hetrick would be the two racers to beat as the pair battled early in the moto. Hetrick was looking blazing fast in practice and I felt he had something for his partner in crime Gibson this round!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Hetrick would develop some mechanical problems and drop to the back of the pack. Cody Grant would move into second behind Gibson as he tried to reel in the Kawi rider now dead ahead of him!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Bobby Ross wasn't wasting anytime moving towards the front as well as he charged harder each lap

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Billy Cottage was really liking this track it seemed, he just looked to be getting faster every lap!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Gibson would have some issues and drop to 2nd behind Ross who would claim the win.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
You will notice in the pictures that the sun ducked behind some clouds and it was a godsend:p that sun was blistering hot and the humidity was way up there. After giving us a break, the clouds moved on but when they left it sure felt like the humidity dropped as well.

The ladies of the Womens Pro Am were back at it as moto 2 was underway. Michelle Natalie would grab the holeshot but soon find herself bar to bar with a hard charging Heather Byrd who doesn't like running in any place but first!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:27 PM
And I did mean Bar to bar:p Byrd caught the inside berm and set her Honda on two wheels and had no where to go as she bounced into Natalie

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Byrd had the lead and wasnt looking back

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Joe Byrd may look cool but I have no doubt he still gets nerves like the rest of us when he watches Heather race.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Adrienne Cooper would put together a good second moto and take 3rd, however in the end it would be Byrd, Natalie and Jones on the box

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:38 PM
I can't recall being at a race at this location that didnt run pretty smooth ad this year was no exception. The track crews worked hard to keep things flowing and there wasn't ever much of a break all day long as moto after moto was run

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I took a stroll down to the Pro pits to see what was going on. It was just about time for us to get our first glimpse of these guys on the track and see who had brought thier A game

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Josh Creamer works on a few last minute adjustments before heading to the line. Creamer has been running strong and could easily see a win this round.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Cody Miller gets suited up as he to gets ready for the first practice session.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:54 PM
The Pro's were on the track and it was easy to see who had the speed. John Natalie was on fire out there and was running strong. He said they had made some changes to his machine and it sure looked like what ever they did was working!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I hadn't heard much about how Wimmers shoulder was doing since the last round, so I was eager to see him hit the track. It only took a few turns and everyone got to see that he was pretty much ready to turn this thing loose!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Byrd was still nursing his injury from what I could gather, although he sure didnt look like he was any slower then usual:p How these guys do what they do hurt is beyond me. Natalie told me that it's thier job, but it's more then that;)

Pappy
06-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Greg Gee is so easy to spot on his white Honda.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Creamer always looks like he is having fun instead of being one of the fastest ATV racers around:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Wienen's winning streak has him listed as the man to beat and for good reason. With Wimmer and Byrd both battling injuries, the door was wide open for anyone to walk in and take charge.

Chad would not be an easy target however, and anyone wanting to win would be in for a fight!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Wimmer would prove he was back by securing the fastest qualifying time.....that folks was a statement:p

He was pretty hot after the session but I think he knew he had something to accomplish and was ready to do so!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:13 PM
The racing resumed and it just kept getting better!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Back in the pits, Mark Baldwin chats with Josh Upperman about his feelings on how well his Honda did during practice.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:18 PM
The blisters on his sunburnt head are gonna be a sore reminder of a great weekend:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I could feel the burn on my ultra white legs and knew it was going to sting:p Oh well, its for a good cause right:blah:

It wasn't all that bad but I did feel for the riders, it was plenty hot and they were all pushing hard!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I know I was almost done, I had been on bake all day and pounding waters like crazy to stay hydrated. The second Pro practice was up and the light was just perfect so I didnt care about the heat:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Wienen noses in as he lands the last table in one of the coolest sections of the track.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I get to have fun when i find good light and a nice jump. It wouldnt have mattered what class was on the rack, this is where I would have been.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Natalie and Miller seemed to run together alot.....not sure if it just ended up that way or they want to battle:p Makes me and Can Am happy as far as the pics go:blah:

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I kind of get in my own world when I am shooting, but watching these guys do thier thing always amazes me. The different riding styles, the way each handles jumps differently or attacks a corner a certain way. I geuss I get to see so much of it I notice it alot more but I think there is some evolving styles happening that is helping these guys get even faster and smoother

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:44 PM
That pond was just a bit to dingy or I would have done a big cannonball in it:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
The Pro's were done for the day and out came Pro Am.

Devin Heimes makes changing direction in mid air look gravy:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I usually don't stay in a spot more then a lap, maybe two, but the light was great, the riders were having some fun as they started throwing some style into it as they realized I was ready to capture it.

I mean it wasn't like my legs and back were sore and the only walk i had left in me was from here to the truck:blah:

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
How's that for patriotic:D

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I think I could get me a nice comfy chair, a big ol' beach umbrella and a cooler full of drinks and just start sitting in 1 or 2 spots all day:eek:

I think not....but maybe if i had about 30 of those set up's at various spots:devil:

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not falling for that old trick....the second I turn around to see what you're pointing at you land and roost me:grr: :blah:

Pappy
06-29-2009, 01:59 PM
The day was done, and I felt bad for anyone at the track who was staying as the breeze just died off.

We ended up staying right up the road in a great hotel that was packed with some tired racers. By 9pm, the place was as quiet as a church and for good reason. It had been a long hot day and rest and some nice AC were just what the doctor ordered. Sunday would bring a newday with some intense racing on tap....

Pappy
06-29-2009, 07:41 PM
The racing starts early on sunday and it was in full swing once I drug my sorry rear out of the bed:p

Open A was on the track and it was Preston Young off to the early lead. Young finished his weekend with a 4-2 for second in the class.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Jeremy Tulenchik was looking smoking fast as he worked his way to teh front in Open A claiming both moto wins!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Colby Gilchrist would not have a great first moto finishing 4th, but would stomp his way to the front in moto 2 giving him a 4-1 for the class win!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Brett Musick would battle with Chase Horton in both moto's with the pair swaping finishes between them. Musick would claim the class win!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Ethan Putty walked his Cobra out front and kept it there, claiming both moto wins!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Sometimes things just don't go as planned:p

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Josh West #5 and Nacy Stone battle over one of the jumps here at Muddy Creek.

West would claim a moto win as well as Stone who finished 2nd in moto 2 for the class win

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
West had a busy weekend, competing in several classes.

450 C- West would go 2-3 for 3rd

Open C would find him finishing 9-1 for 6th

Production C would net him a 2-2 for second

Thats alot of racing and some solid results!!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Marshall Smith gets the sign that he has a big lead as he cruised to a 1-1 for the win!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:20 PM
The weekend belonged to Alex Szymborski as he cruised to a 1-1 victory!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:24 PM
John Capdeboscq put his Honda out front and held her wide open until the checkers flew in both motos! Capdeboscq would go 1-1 for the class win!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:31 PM
The lighting was pretty good so I stuck around and grabbed some shots of the kids and thier parents. Nothing does me as proud as to see family working together!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Instructions, strategy and a quick "be safe" before the start

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:35 PM
My friend Jason always tells me that if you take your kids to the track, you wont have to track down your kids. Lots of truth in that

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Watchfull eyes

The kids get well attended to

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:39 PM
The cheering is always encouraging, whether its your rider or not!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Matt Shapaka gets ready to practice a gate drop as he heads out for his hot lap

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:47 PM
A last minute gulp of H2O and some fanning to try and keep cool before moto 1 would be ready to go!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Bobby Ross would get a good jump off the gate and the race was on!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Ross would claim the holeshot and had Joel hetrick all over him as they completed lap 2

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Travis Moore was holding 3rd and moving up fast as the pack behind the leaders was mixing it up.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Upfront, Ross was holding off Hetrick as the pair continued to battle

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Ross was in charge as he powers his way ahead of a hard charging Joel hetrick

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:02 PM
The man on the move was #18 Cody Grant. He didn't get a great start but was steadily moving through the field

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Ross was now under pressure from not only Hetrick, but from Travis Moore as he now had reeled in the leaders

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
The slightest mistake could cost a position or more!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Gibson had moved into 4th and was picking the pace up.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Moore worked past Hetrick and now set his sights on Ross

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Moore had shown Ross a wheel in a few turns before the jump and I had a feeling he would be taking the lead shortly.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:14 PM
The pass would come in a corner as Moore takes the lead

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Moore now had 3 fast green machines looking at getting the lead back!

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:18 PM
With little time left in the moto, the battle behind Moorse might play to his advanatge as he had clear track in front of him

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:20 PM
The racing was intense as Moore kept his focus and let those behind him battle. He couldn't afford a mistake but looked to have enough left in him to hold the lead

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Hetrick pulls Ross out of a corner and would take the second spot. Heimes broken LTR rests trackside.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Gibson would skate around Ross as Hetrick makes an attempt on Moore

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Moore was riding at the top of his game as Hetrick continued to push him.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:25 PM
This was easily one of the best races of the weekend as the leaders head into a section that demanded focus.

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Gibson in 3rd, with Ross holding 4th......and Grant enters the picture

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Moore would hold of Hetrick to claim the moto win!

Gibson would take 3rd and Grant would edge out Ross for 4th

Pappy
06-29-2009, 09:33 PM
With Pro Am off the track, it was time for Pro moto 1 as the fans crowd the fence to catch the start

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Sorry for the delay in coverage, my brother had his 2 race quads stolen last night and we spent the morning hunting them down...we did recover both of them....one of which was 8 miles from his house.

Ok, back to the action!

Joe Byrd wasted no time in getting his Honda out front, and he was joined by Upperman and Goodman as the Honda boys wanted a shot at this one!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
If you have never been to a national, it is very hard to explain the sounds and sense of speed these guys run at especially at the start!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Wimmer was way back as the riders rip into this rythm section. I have to admit, I was quickly thinking Dustin may not be at 100% even with his faster qualifier award from saturday.

I try not to have a favorite rider, but I can't help for wanting a rider who had an injury to do well.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:16 PM
The field was now working a tight section and the dust kicked up just enough that i couldnt tell what was going on. When they came back up out of teh section, Jeremy Lawson had taken the lead!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Gust was already pressuring Byrd for his position as the pair sails over a jump.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Behind Gust and Byrd, the action was plain hectic with 4 riders going at it at every jump and turn. Wimmer had moved up and was now in the mix but well behind the leaders

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Lawson looked to be checking out as he had that Can Am in the wind!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Gust was now trailing Lawson as he assumed second

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Lawson had clear track ahead and was looking as good as I had ever seen him. This was now his race to lose!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Wimmer was now in 5th and looked to be picking up speed

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Lawson looked like he was on rails and was really laying down some incredible laps as he held the lead

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Wimmer was now up to 4th and ready to work on Joe Byrd

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Wimmer made his move and was now 3rd!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Natalie was in his own battle with fellow Can Am rider Jeremie Warnia

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Wienen had a bad start and was having to work his way to the front as he now trailed Wimmer in 4th

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:43 PM
The 2 lap card was now out and Wimmer had all but caught Gust!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Natalie was off the track as he ran into some mechanical issues

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
With 1 lap remaining, Wimmer had come from an 11th place start and was now ready to pressure his teammate for 2nd! There was no doubt now that Dustin Wimmer was indeed back and on attack mode!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Racing out of my sight, I knew the racing would be great and was almost hopping up and down trying to see what was going on as teh pair worked a back section!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Lawson was paying the price for such a great charge early in the race. In that heat, I was wondering if he could maintain the blistering pace he had set as Gust and Wimmer now had him dead ahead!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:49 PM
With less then a lap and a half remaining, Lawson was digging deep as he stayed just ahead of the charging Suzuki riders!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Lawson was pulling hard out of the corners but in a flash, Gust and Wimmer accelerated and would reel in Lawson!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:55 PM
The final lap was insane! The trio was just ripping apart the track, no one wanting to make a mistake and it was still unknown if Wimmer would put in a charge to take 2nd away from Gust!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Almost two months of dealing with his injured shoulder....having to watch his points lead taken away....it was now or never!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Wimmer out cornered Gust to overtake second!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Wimmer wasn't going to settle for second, he wasn't going to lay up and settle for anything!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Every corner, Wimmer would stick a wheel in there but couldnt make it stick. Lawson wasnt done yet and was going to leave it all on the track as he battled for this win!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM
The final charge would come in a left hander and Wimmer would get the edge as he entered the corner!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 05:03 PM
That was it! Within just a few turns of the finish line Dustin Wimmer had removed all doubt about his condition and took this win after one of the best battles I have ever witnessed!

Wimmer is back!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Having the champ back in action is awesome!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 05:07 PM
The win had to mean so much, knowing that he was ready to try and take back his assualt on the points and here he proved he was more then up to the challenge!

Jeremy Lawson had put in a valiant effort and battled as hard as anyone could.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
The Pro's were whisked away and the amatuer racing resumed.

David porter would jump out front in moto 2 and pul a repeat of his first moto by securing the win!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:11 PM
The racing was non stop and action packed as usual as 4-Stroke B headed for the first turn

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Josh Becker was having a great weekend and was leading moto 2 as he tried to grab his second win of the day

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Nick Moser did not get a good start and would find himself battling through the pack just like he did in moto 1.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
The battle behind the leaders was pretty wicked!

The running order upfront would remain unchanged as the moto came to an end

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Jamen Davidovich would clean house going 1-1!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Without much break, Nick Moser was back on the line for another race in another class. Nicks dad is his #1 fan and is typical of those dads that want to see thier rider do well and have him safe at the end of the day.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:47 PM
They had no clue I was watching them from a good distance off. I watched the support, watched the pat on the back and I saw the prayer said before the gate dropped.

I hope I am that good of a father to my son when he races. Hell, the whole Moser crew is top notch and I dont think there was one time that i passed thier pit that I wasnt offered food and drink, and on several occasions I was brought water while I was on the track from them. These are the folks that make you want to be at the track!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Moser would get another mid pack start and have to fight his way once again towards the front. By the end of the first lap he was in 3rd

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Nick would battle hard and finish the weekend in Production B with a 1-3 to take 2nd overall

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:06 PM
That aint your lil' sista's 90:blah:

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Pro Am moto 2 was ready to line up as the racing continued

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Finding shade was worth about a 20 degree drop in temps

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:14 PM
The new Sonic sway bar system seems to be catching on!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Am moto 2 was clearing turn 1 and it would be Chase Snapp rolling out to grab the holeshot!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Billy Cottage would get a good start this moto and was battling with Bobby Ross for second.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Alot of super talented riders were now all charging hard through the rythm section

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Snapp still held the number one spot as Cody Grant was wanting to get past Cottage for second

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Cottage wasn't going down without a fight!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:29 PM
If Snapp had eyes in teh back of his helmet he would see that Grant had dismissed Cottage and was now heading to the front fo the line!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Snapp was riding well, but Grant was coming and soon the pair would meet!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Cottage takes a gander at Gibson as the pair sail over the finish line jump

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:35 PM
The racing was just as good mid pack as it was out front!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Gibson was on the move as well as he picked of Cottage and moved up another spot

Pappy
06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Grant was haulin the mail as Ross shadowed him

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Grants 4th in the 1st moto was good, but it sure appeared he was wanting to cap the weekend with a win!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Devin Heimes DNF in moto 1 was going to have to be a memory as he set his sights on getting a soldi finish in moto 2

Casey Martin and his Polaris also suffered a DNF in the first moto so the battle for position between these two was making for some excellent racing!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Gibson had pulled up into 3rd and was soon going to put Ross a position back as he makes the pass for 2nd

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Money.....the great motivator:D

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Gibson was pushing hard as he was now within a few quad lengths of Grant

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Mechanical issues would take Hetrick out of the hunt as he fell off pace

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Grant would hold off Gibson to take the win!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Harold Goodman would get the jump and grab himself the holeshot!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Goodman leading as Upperman would once again get a good start!

Wimmer was in a much better position this moto as the class heads to the downhill

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Gust would be right there as well, putting him and Wimmer upfront early which cant bode well for the competition!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Russell Shumaker would get wrecked up as Goodman was facing pressure from Upperman in the back ground

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:29 PM
The Hondas were once again out front as Goodman and Upperman roll out!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Miller, Warnia and Byrd head up and over as the trio battles mid pack

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Denoble checks out who is going by him as Lawson rolls on.

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Team red was about to go head on with the yellow riders!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Wimmer would be breaking up the Honda party up front, or atleast making his presence known!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Natalie was screamin! He was doing very well as a matter of fact but the smoke coming from his machine was a sign that sooner or later he would be struck with issues he couldnt control

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:41 PM
The action was everywhere, and trying to keep tabs on Wimmer and Upperman was proving to be tough!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Natalie was up to 4th and his quad continued to pour smoke!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Wimmer would out corner Upperman and take the lead!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Natalie just kept pushinga nd I was worried it would die on him at the face of a jump

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Gust was closing in Upperman and it was looking good for team Suzuki!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Behind Gust, Natalie chugged on!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM
The next lap, Lawson would overtake Natalie and it was appearant his engine was letting go or atleast starting to run bad

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Johns pitboard told teh story as I wasn't the only one thinking this could be ugly

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:54 PM
The crash happened, but it happened behind me. I know its cool to get a wreck shot here and there but I see so many of them I kind of dont miss them if I dont catch it.

John appeared to be ok, atleast not seriously injured from his walking and such, but he was hot and very wore out. Even with the mechanical problems, he was having a great run

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Chad Wienen had been quietly working his way to the front, and with one lap to go, he was up to 4th

Pappy
06-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Wimmer would clinch both moto wins!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Gust would make it a pair of Suki's on the box with his 2nd place finish!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Chad 4-4 would be good enough to keep him on the podium for yet another round! Them boys were hot and plenty thirsty!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Digger finds his way to the top once again and would take second!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Boys and girls, we have a new ball game as we look to the final rounds of this season. It will be super exciting having Wimmer mixing it up!

Pappy
06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Thats it folks, it was a great round of racing! The series rolls on to the next round which will be held at Pleasure Valley Raceway in Pennslyvania on July 18th and 19th.

Get out there and support these guys and gals if you can!

hasbeenttduner
07-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Great job pappy.Thanks again.

It's great to see Wimmer back.Watching the live timming and scoring you could really see what Wienen was doing in that 2nd moto.He was putting in great laps over and over and over.This will be a great run for the championship between these two.I just hope Wienen and crew have thier off starts out of the way after this round.

sparks 450
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
dont count out byrd if he's healthy.

Pappy
07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sparks 450
dont count out byrd if he's healthy.

Oh no doubt. It would be some killer racing if everyone could stay healthy and if those having mechanical issues could get things right.

hendershot106
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
i hope natalie is alright and gets the can am issues worked out for his hometown..... just sucks for him....

jkidd0223
07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
good pics

woodsracer144
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Jamie Jones would ride to a 3rd place finish in moto 1

when did this happen?

Pappy
07-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
when did this happen?

Muddy Creek :p

http://escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2009/class.asp?s=1&e=9&c=98

woodsracer144
07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
how long has she been with zuki? i never knew she rode!

hendershot106
07-09-2009, 01:30 PM
DUDE...u kidding... shes rode a zuki for the last three or four years ...... kids these days.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this year its all blacked out... atp motor... fox's... its nice...

she did have a bike that looked just like jeremiahs bike he was racing in 06...

maticus
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
whats up with the byrdman lately? how does he go from battling with weinen an wimmer to riding mid pack. looks like hes crapping out mid moto. is he hurt.

hendershot106
07-09-2009, 02:01 PM
i think he hurt his ankle.... sometime around illinois... he was riding one moto...and after the start i never saw him...

Pappy
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
i think he hurt his ankle.... sometime around illinois...

Thats what I was told as well. I hope he is back in the mix soon, I love a good battle!

sparks 450
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
byrd injured ribs and ankle

maticus
07-11-2009, 06:35 AM
dang that makes sense then cause he looks strong for like half a moto. hopefully he gets close to 100% soon its awesome watching byrd,wimmer,weinen,gust,creamer,upperman,lawson battle for the lead. way more exciting than dirt bikes where they only show the battle for second cause stewart already finished and is taking a nap lol.