PDA

View Full Version : Thoughest tires???

arTuReX
06-28-2009, 09:10 PM
I need new rear tires and im debating if should get the Razor's, Razor 2 or the Holeshot HD, i ride every terrain posible and i just want tires that can handle everything, i dont race or anything so i just want the most durable tire. thanks!

jpfmotors
06-29-2009, 07:08 AM
I RACE XC UP HERE IN NEW ENGLAND LOTS OF ROCKS ANDSTUMPS I RUN RAZOR 2 S WITH OUT TIRE BALLS OR ANYTHING AND HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM SAME TIRES ALL YEAR SO FAR PRACTICE AND RACE

stoopidbot
06-29-2009, 07:24 AM
I run the Razr2's up here in the Colorado Rockies. We see everything from hard packed-rock-mud-sand. They work amazingly and I have never had a problem.

fastredrider44
06-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Razr2 fronts have my vote. I run XC, and they're a tough tire.
Razr2 rears are very durable as well. I prefer Regular Razrs in the rear, but that's due to a different kind of grip, not durability.

dirtrider77
06-29-2009, 11:58 AM
from my experience, the razr is also a tougher harder material rubber..the holeshots seem a little soft, causing them to wear a little faster...but maybe its just me.lol

fastredrider44
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
The Holeshot HD is a great tire, just heavy, and doesn't perform as well on dry or hardpack. The fronts however aren't as good.

arTuReX
06-29-2009, 07:56 PM
thanks guys, im kind of leaning towards the razor becouse of the price, im even thinking of doing the razor 2's in the fronts later on!, my friend bought the Holeshot Xct and they literally lasted 5 rides! even my stockers hold way better!

dirtrider77
06-29-2009, 08:14 PM
yup, the holeshots are deff. better for loose and muddy/wet conditions

they just wear out super fast on hard dry stuff

ricksmx865
06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
I loved my holeshots at first but they just wore out too fast for me!

Im currently running the GBC x-rex, I race XC and they have held up GREAT for me! and not as expensive as the Razr2

kawabunga
06-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by dirtrider77
yup, the holeshots are deff. better for loose and muddy/wet conditions

they just wear out super fast on hard dry stuff

Holeshots work better on hardpack/dry terrain because of the soft compound. They grip much better and flex because they're soft. They don't last long, but they're made for hard pack.
Tires like MXR6's and quadcross's aren't made to last an entire season, they're made to perform.

"the QuadCross MX PRO is designed specifically for very hard-packed, blue-groove type motocross racetracks" - taken right from ITP's website.

"while a specially formulated soft rubber compound finds traction for excellent acceleration and braking on the slickest of surfaces" - this as well
http://www.itptires.com/sportatv/mx.html

dirtbike&quad
06-30-2009, 04:06 PM
ive had every set of tires on my quads over the years, razrs, holeshots and the new razr2s (currently) as well as kendas...razr2s are definitely the best from what ive seen. hope this helps make your decision. these came with the quad but i think for the extra few bucks, theyre worth it

Drewltr450
07-01-2009, 07:56 AM
deffinetly razr 2

IcutMetl
07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Razr2's and don't look back. I've ran over, into, and thru so much stuff with these tires and they are rediculously durable, plus get traction that Razr1's and Holeshot XCR's can't match. I really don't think I've got a reason to try anything else...ever, and I was a Holeshot guy before I tried these.

arTuReX
07-02-2009, 03:50 AM
very good info guys, i'm gonna wait and save for some Razor's 2 then!