PDA

View Full Version : yoshi full comp system

ddfetters
01-06-2003, 10:40 AM
well just order up the comp system for the 400. wanted to find out if any of you guys had a problems or advice on installing the system....i've heard there might be a clearance problem @ the oil resesvior? and also - what jets are you guys running w/ this system, I know it will be up to me to decide which jets to run - just looking for suggestions.....i plan on having some fun getting the engine to breath better than stock! Any suggestions would be great to hear...Thanks

300EXrider02
01-06-2003, 05:09 PM
it was a ***** for me, holy crap it was hard at the end, it wasnt lined up well, and the bolts are not long enough to attach where your wheelie bar is, and the slip on holder is seperate so that is a pain in the ***** to, good luck tho, maybe it will be fine for u

DaveEX7
01-06-2003, 05:39 PM
juss suppose u do a wheelie down pavement, whatever u do DO NOT STAND THE QUAD UP... the yoshi pipe sticks out on 400s so if u stand it up on pavement, its gonna get all scratched up like my friends did

Andrew400ex
01-06-2003, 06:09 PM
I had a Yosh full system, getting it on was not too hard,u just got to wiggle the headers around a lil to make it clear the oil reservior. Attaching it to the subframe was nothing,no problems at all. Clearance of the wheelie bar wasnt a problem either..me and my friend both had 400s with yosh full systems and i didnt have a problem and he still has his and doesnt have a problem with the clearance. Ours didnt stick out passed the wheelie bar so maybe ur muffler wasnt slipped on all the way to the header..overall it was a great pipe and awesome looking,but if u wanted the real power u should have gone with LRD,wow. good luck.

300EXrider02
01-06-2003, 06:58 PM
i got a desert PRM grab bar anywys, so there is no way it could touch the ground, even with teh stock grab bar