PDA

View Full Version : what pipe?

3racers
06-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey guys got a apex 90 hi comp.head 28mmcarb what a good pipe to go with this?

marsrace2
06-29-2009, 09:01 AM
The Trackside pipe, hands down best pipe for the money for the Apex 90.

3racers
06-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Where can I get one who sells them? Thanks

marsrace2
06-29-2009, 10:02 PM
I get mine right from Trackside, pm me and will get you the info

dblacks
06-30-2009, 04:20 AM
ihave never used a trackside

My experience with the PCS Pipe on our highly modded 90 is nothing but excellent

GForce sells both

email gary and get his thoughts on the difference of the 2, He has tested both.

gforcepowersports@yahoo.com

06-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 3racers

Get a SMS they are totally rippin. IMO the best pipe out there PERIOD!!

marsrace2
06-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by 3racers

you have posed a question that has been debated on these forums time and time again. The reason I am convinced of the Trackside pipe is the builder of the pipe was willing to prove the results to me before I bought the pipe. I had him dyno my Malossi motor built by SMS and had him dyno my Apex 90 motor with ported cylinder. Both motors made approximately 5hp more with the trackside pipe than the Apex MX pipe we had. I watched the results on the dyno by simply changing pipes and nothing else. I would have never believed the claims if I didnt see them in person. The 5hp gain was also over the entire RPM Range not just spikes at certain RPM. It also helped both motors make HP at much higer RPMs than the previous pipe. Not to knock any other pipes but have not seen any dyno results that come close from anyone else. If someone can prove to me that another pipe is better I will buy it.

dblacks
06-30-2009, 09:29 AM
I had the same experience with the PCS pipe that is why I suggested talking to some one that sells both of them and not to biased info from people that have only tried one or the other and not both. who know's I could put on a trackside and think it is awesome or also think it is not as good as what I had and take it back off. Lots of it is what type of pipe works better with your motor and the rider on the quad.

The 2 pipes that I have heard nothing but good feedback on are PCS and Trackside so either would be a good.

Originally posted by marsrace2
you have posed a question that has been debated on these forums time and time again. The reason I am convinced of the Trackside pipe is the builder of the pipe was willing to prove the results to me before I bought the pipe. I had him dyno my Malossi motor built by SMS and had him dyno my Apex 90 motor with ported cylinder. Both motors made approximately 5hp more with the trackside pipe than the Apex MX pipe we had. I watched the results on the dyno by simply changing pipes and nothing else. I would have never believed the claims if I didnt see them in person. The 5hp gain was also over the entire RPM Range not just spikes at certain RPM. It also helped both motors make HP at much higer RPMs than the previous pipe. Not to knock any other pipes but have not seen any dyno results that come close from anyone else. If someone can prove to me that another pipe is better I will buy it.

06-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Well I have not heard anything bad about the Snyder pipe. Whats so bad about it. I would put our quad against any quad and were running the Snyder pipe which is the best pipe we could possibly put on. Our motor is done to the pipe. So the SMS pipe is another to consider 3Racers. Good luck on buying your pipe hope you choose the correct one.

dblacks
06-30-2009, 09:46 AM
G-Force sells those too ask about all 3 from an unbiased source, I have no experience with that one except from what I have heard.

Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Well I have not heard anything bad about the Snyder pipe. Whats so bad about it. I would put our quad against any quad and were running the Snyder pipe which is the best pipe we could possibly put on. Our motor is done to the pipe. So the SMS pipe is another to consider 3Racers. Good luck on buying your pipe hope you choose the correct one.

marsrace2
06-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman

Toby, no one on this thread said anything bad about the snyder pipe.

FISH ON!
06-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I know when talking a mod motor it has a lot to do with porting, etc,,, We run a stock Apex 90 w/ High comp head in GNCC. Is there a pipe that makes much of a difference over stock? I've heard a lot of opinions on this too. Thanks. Todd

3racers
06-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey thanks guys for all the input don't have the bucks to try out two or three pipes so hoping to hit it right the first time.Have seen sms pipe run and they seem to get good power and bring the R'ss up,but if it's a better one I WANT IT!!

nordic quad
07-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Does anyone know anything about this pipe?

http://www.westcoastquads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=202&products_id=2637

dblacks
07-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Does anyone know anything about this pipe?

http://www.westcoastquads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=202&products_id=2637

I am pretty sure that is the PCS Performance pipe as He sends Apex quite a few of them but I think they put their Name on it.

marsrace2
07-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I called apex about that pipe awhile ago and they couldnt tell me anything about it.

marsrace2
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
I know when talking a mod motor it has a lot to do with porting, etc,,, We run a stock Apex 90 w/ High comp head in GNCC. Is there a pipe that makes much of a difference over stock? I've heard a lot of opinions on this too. Thanks. Todd

The Trackside pipe made a huge difference over the Apex Mxr pipe on both stock and mod 70's and 90's.

nordic quad
07-01-2009, 02:18 PM
I guess it makes sence if Apex doesent want to give out any info about the EX race pipe if they are putting their own label on a PCS pipe,its the name of the game others do it to.Both the Trackside and the snyder pipes has given Hp gains on stock quads on the dyno,so i guess they and the PCS pipe will make even a stock 90 faster in the woods or at the track.We first used our custom pipe on a stock 70 and the stop watch told us that the laptimes was noticably faster.

EJ Racing 07
07-06-2009, 12:20 PM
We run one of Tracksides pipes and Greg knows what he is doing! This pipe pulls hard from bottom to top! Cant go wrong, give him a call

snowfighter
07-09-2009, 06:29 PM
rebuilt the top end added trackside pipe, had my son hop on to see what he thought, he came back and asked me what i did to it, i asked him what he meant he said the bike has nvr left the hole so hard or went that fast. until this pipe i have not seen the front tires come off the ground

pcs and trackside pipes are superb for mx but for flat track i would go trackside as it seems to pull more power in the uper rpms 13-16000rpm range

and yes toby i know snyder pipe hehe we have talked about this