PDA

View Full Version : front sprocket fell off today????

vindell
06-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Need some more help here. Front sprocket fell off today while riding. The sprocket itself look's to be ok. Although the oblong thing that atatches to it looks stripped. Only little points left where i beleive it should look like the inside of the sprocket correct? The actual shaft which sprocket attaches look;s fine.
What happened here?Also it is a 15t/520. Did I loose any other part's. Only sprocket and oblog thingy which attatches too sprocket by two bolt's.

Also, was looking at a tranny saver, Doas the eton come stock w/ one. Once the sprocket was off looked like one already installed on this little machine.

06-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Just buy the clip mode from www.rebelgears.com. It wont ever happen again they are what we use. Good Luck!

vindell
06-28-2009, 06:08 PM
have too ask, why doas this happen?

06-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Dont know you run a chain tensioner? Is your axel moving around? Is your swing arm bent many questions of what could it be? Check for loose parts.

vindell
06-28-2009, 06:15 PM
now I'm scared, wish I had not asked. lol, will take a closer look tommorow. by the way, no chain tensioner, should i have one.

06-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes your chain is jumping around everywhere and it keeps the tension to the sprocket. Get a ZTR is the best. That will prolly solve your problem.

vindell
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
well, called eton dealer this morning, ordered two of the peices that attatch the sprocket to the shaft. Overnight I realized thet I had just tightened chain. How much play should the chain have?
When there is weight on it, doas it get tighter or looser. lol would go check in the garage, but I have no chain at the time. lol. Am gouing to look into a tensioner asap. Please advise. by the way, the one side of the countersprocket has some wear on it. replace?

06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
I had one of those Vindell. when you sit on it that tightens the chain. I have a sproket chain tensioner if you need it? Let me know it will keep your chain straight and keep it from falling off but ZTR is the way to go. Just trying to help.

vindell
06-29-2009, 06:20 PM
When I tightened chain, it probly had 3-5mm play. Then my 30lb son and I went toolin. My other little one primarily rides it. She's around 60lbs. With a tensioner installed, and w/o how much play

06-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Well you had it way to tight and putting stress on the motor I usely have it about 1 inch of play or not enough for the chain to come off I'm surpised you didn't break the chain beings you and your kid on it with that to tight that's why your sprocket was ate up. Don't tighten it so tight.

vindell
06-29-2009, 06:30 PM
like to take a moment, and thank you for your input, it is appreciated. Prior to my purchase, the fella had just put a 520 chain on it. do ya think this chain is shot. have always kept it less than a 1/2 inch

06-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Look at the center rollers and see what they look like if they are not worn than it should be fine. Your chain might not stretch anymore but its likely its alright. No longer than you had it, it should be fine.Not a problem love to help others. Thanks

vindell
06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
great next question. Y a know what type of work Koso head, 20 kehinin, drr pipe, koso intake and reed's'
The yellow torque spring, Have not had clutch of to see which spring;s are in there. not sure which variator weights either. Gotta tell ya, the guy who did the work, dissapointed to say the least. Several call, no call back's. Sorry, the question is this thing goes 10 to 15 foot, then goas like heck. jest need to know how to get into the juice of the line.

06-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Sounds like your rear torque spring is bad or your way to fat on your pilot. JMO I'm not saying it is but could be.Where does your belt sit in the rear clutch pulleys? You maybe diving and then comming back up for the first few feet but again JMO

vindell
06-29-2009, 07:00 PM
When I picked it up, the fella said he set it up so the kids could putt around the yard? It wont hit for ten feet with my daughter on it. It was quicker off the line stock. would jerk the little one's.

oldyeller
07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Did you get the light wieght clutch shoes?...They increased the engagement rpms much more than any of the springs we tried by themselves...Then we played with the variator wieghts to get the shifting right..Our 90 is working pretty good now..