PDA

View Full Version : bashee clutch problem

greenskin77
06-28-2009, 02:49 PM
hey guys i have a anshee 406 vitto piped hot rod crank storker etc.
one problem is on a slight hill nothing bad but if i get stuck for a sec and hold the clutch in a give it gas the cutch slowly gives out and it locks into gear just like if you had let the clutch out.
after you waita mintue the cluch is back again working fine.
only happens when i get on a hill and stop moving.. when it locks into gear it goes u cannot get it out untill it sits for a minute
i am runnit atf fluid in the basket . clutches are year old but i think they are bad going down the main road 5th or 6th gear hit the gas you can kinna feel he slipge but there pretty new clutches i am going to get stiffer springs and see if that helps .

methyman
07-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I suggest you replace the clutch specially if it was slipping. Get some heavy duty springs so the new clutch doesn't slip.

greenskin77
07-01-2009, 09:02 PM
well they seem to only slipp at wide open exspeacily when it is cold yo can really tell it but as it warms up it tend not to be as bad. someone told me that stiffer springs i need to use becase after a certian point of h/p the clutches brake aprt inside and you think there wore but there not ever hear of this.
and today i tore the case off and i checked the center bolt and stuff but found the c clip and washer in the bottem of case wich came off of the kicker gear it is broke in half the c clip is .
but here a question when i putthe clutches back in the basket shold i start with the plate fisrt or start with the clutch frist ?

methyman
07-02-2009, 05:25 PM
You start and finish up with a clutch disk.