PDA

View Full Version : Dunked my EX

200-400ex
06-28-2009, 10:37 AM
last weekend i found a deep spot in the creek an my EX died. after floating it to shore i drained the airbox an drained the float bowl on the carb. got it running and back to the truck and discovered i got water in the crankcase. hevent rode it since. what sould i do now?

Gibson
06-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Change the oil. That's the only way to get water out of a motor. you might have to change it a couple of times to get it all out

timmy400exfast
06-28-2009, 10:49 AM
you wanna get the milkey color out of the oil u might need to change it mor than once

06-28-2009, 11:10 AM
at least you knew enough to stop riding. Yesterday I watched these 2 kids 1 on a 400ex 1 on a 300ex just messing around in the water like they were some kind of snorkeled 4x4. Well they started stumbling that when water would just be in the airbox and then he continued to rev itout and go for some more water crossing. Both made a loud screech and locked up. Hydro locked them. Somehow they would start again and go about 10ft and lock up again like that they attempted to ride back at least a mile back to their truck like that. Say goodbye to those motors.

Snipe
06-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
at least you knew enough to stop riding. Yesterday I watched these 2 kids 1 on a 400ex 1 on a 300ex just messing around in the water like they were some kind of snorkeled 4x4. Well they started stumbling that when water would just be in the airbox and then he continued to rev itout and go for some more water crossing. Both made a loud screech and locked up. Hydro locked them. Somehow they would start again and go about 10ft and lock up again like that they attempted to ride back at least a mile back to their truck like that. Say goodbye to those motors.

I woulda had sat there an laughed.

Changed the oil till it nots whitish in color no more and your golden.