PDA

View Full Version : where to live?

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:07 AM
well, if things go right....within the next 12 -18 months i will be leaving this miserable state and relocating. i geuss im gonna be looking for a place in the following states. w.va ohio ky tenn.

i gotta get away from the city....any ideas?

01-06-2003, 08:08 AM
Oh the sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home...:D

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Oh the sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home...:D

lol....actually somewhere in west va is my goal. close enough to ky and oh and smack dab in the middle of quad country:D i cant live close to taco....he has issues:eek: :blah

kabd69667
01-06-2003, 08:11 AM
i live in central ohio. Pretty nice actually. Snow in the winter, hott in the summer. You have some big cities like akron, cleveland and columbus within 2 hours of driving. Its a small town where i'm at. A lot of farms and wilderness. and there's some good riding spots, 7 tracks, ect.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:14 AM
yeah ohio is a cool state.....ya'll has some mean police:grr :macho

i will be researching taxes etc....land value...blah blah blah!!

west va is an easy jump....very liberal state. keep the ideas and reasons comin....i could be your neighbor:huh

kabd69667
01-06-2003, 08:20 AM
guy432 lives up in masslion....but the further north you get, the cities then to get bigger. and hey, you have gt thunder and baldwin in ohio too. two good companies

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:22 AM
yeah true....thats one reason for staying centrally located in those states. when i move....i will be working for myself. so the closer to the market the better

DEAL
01-06-2003, 08:30 AM
Canada.
Or kentucky , either one.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:32 AM
not bashing canada....but with thier gun laws.....they would move me right into a nice jail cell:devil

forum
01-06-2003, 08:35 AM
CANADA! haha.

YEs there is snow here. But its only like 0 degrees celcious (ware i live near toronto) OO wait you yanks still use the crazy imperial system of measurement. So i might as well be speaking french. If you can live without a gun and feel more comfortable with your neighbors not owning enough guns to suply the army then come on up! hehehe.j/k

our gun laws are very strict up here!

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:37 AM
yeah me and snow dont work.

i have nuttin to say about canada....other then ya wont catch me with an addy there:p i am a citizen not a subject:blah j/p:p

CBW
01-06-2003, 08:38 AM
COLORADO:confused: :D

its not that far:eek: :p

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:40 AM
chris....if we lived close.....we wouldnt get much done:) lmao!!! ride and pc:p

actually....i want to visit out there in the worst way....soon i will make the trip:D

chavez
01-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

lol....actually somewhere in west va is my goal. close enough to ky and oh and smack dab in the middle of quad country:D i cant live close to taco....he has issues:eek: :blah

hey Pappy im in southeast ohio right by athens taxes well were to poor to pay them and as for the country you can pee right of your deck and nobody will see you 2 1/2 hours from cincinatti 1 hour from columbus 1 from wv and well kentucky we try to go there as little as possible (sorry Rico) Lancaster is really nice thats where im am originally from good schools and the crime rate doesnt rally exist. your local stuff domestic theft i will proble be moving back in a year as soon as i sell my house.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:59 AM
yeah chavez....takin a leak off the back porch is a big plus:D

YLW400
01-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Delaware isn't too bad, I dont guess....I mean I wouldn't have moved here if I had MY way about it... Also, I can leak off of my porch at my new house...:D

01-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Cool so whens the big beer bash on chavez's deck :D:blah :eek:

Better bring extra batteries for the digi camera for this one LOL

01-06-2003, 10:23 AM
Also, I can leak off of my porch at my new house... Well De is a little closer to me than Ohio so maybe next time I gotta go :D

You guys are killin me.

Hey Kenny how about NJ the taxes are friggn crazy high (avg over 4 or 5K ) they have a damn fee for everything from toll roads to the highest registration fees in the country, and cant forget the highest insurance in the world, but on the other hand we also got the highest amount of spoiled little brats with decked out quads in the country and their parents got the cash to pay for it.......

02 Red Rider
01-06-2003, 10:26 AM
I live in NW Ohio but that's a little too far North for what you are going to want. If I had my choice I would move down 'round SE Ohio, or SC Ohio like Chavez was talkin'. Down there you'll be real close to Wayne National Forest (Fun Ridin) and still be close to KY and WV.

tants
01-06-2003, 10:27 AM
pappy move to NY. mabe even upstate if u wanna get away from the cities. that way u can visit me and mysticfalcon, even those crazy canadian boys!

YLW400
01-06-2003, 10:28 AM
But 440, there is a fee for urinating off of my porch. A min. of a 12 pack must be brought to the household..:D

Pappy
01-06-2003, 10:29 AM
440......it took me 3 trips to JOYSE to figure out what the heck a jughandle was:rolleyes: if them brats got $$$ then they can also afford shipping;) lmao!!!:D

im looking for slower pace of life......i want a 40x80 shop....20 acres with a few tracks for the kids;) a big arse hot tub...for the wife;) and i cant afford the east coast if i want all that:mad: time to move inbreed...uhh...i mean inland:blah

YLW400
01-06-2003, 10:31 AM
That track you speak off Pappy......are adults allowed????lol :blah :D

tants
01-06-2003, 10:31 AM
440......it took me 3 trips to JOYSE to figure out what the heck a jughandle was:rolleyes: if them brats got $$$ then they can also afford shipping;) lmao!!!:D

im looking for slower pace of life......i want a 40x80 shop....20 acres with a few tracks for the kids;) a big arse hot tub...for the wife;) and i cant afford the east coast if i want all that:mad: time to move inbreed...uhh...i mean inland:blah

you mean you wanna live in the boondocks?

Pappy
01-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Tants

you mean you wanna live in the boondocks?

i will refer to it has the sticks:blah

mysticfalcon
01-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Its a little outa the way but up here you can piss of the front porch :) every window in my house faces trees. And canada's Gun laws arent that strict. They let Crazy Canadian have a bunch of em and thats just not safe in any country. And as for snow you can just use the quad to get rid of it. my trails for teh quad have less snow on them than the driveway that was just plowed.

400exNH
01-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Come to tax-free New Hampshire!!!

Seriously though, my wife and I were desperatly looking to move over the past two years. After making many road trips and seeing the different areas of the US, we realized where we live is the place to be. My point is sometimes you think the grass is greener, but in fact it's not.
Also if your serious, you better take road trips to these places and see what there all about for yourself.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 11:00 AM
i own 60 acres just east of parkersburg, west va. i had never given thought to building there simply because the job market was non existant. but since things have changed for me.....its a very real possibility. some nice land too....make a sweet gncc practice course.

01-06-2003, 11:09 AM
better check for internet ACCESS..:eek:
..or what would ya do w/yourself ...??

coarse there always satelite:D

Pappy
01-06-2003, 11:12 AM
haha yeah ...sunshine is hard enough to get piped in there;)

i geuss a 56 gay or ...what is the other one...whatever it is..lol i will have it im sure.....and yes...im a net junkie:devil

SlapNutz
01-06-2003, 11:20 AM
r u openning a powdre coatings store? :confused:

i want to drive my gas gas to yours shop if that whats going on:macho

Pappy
01-06-2003, 11:22 AM
yes...thats the plan:)

but the rules are....only you.....or monkey boy are allowed in the shop at a time:)

last time ya'll was thar 2 of ma playboys come up missin:macho

tants
01-06-2003, 11:33 AM
yes...thats the plan:)

but the rules are....only you.....or monkey boy are allowed in the shop at a time:)

last time ya'll was thar 2 of ma playboys come up missin:macho

lmao

exriderdude
01-06-2003, 11:46 AM
hey man come on up to ohio. around SE ohio would be great, although im in NE. you have MX tracks and XC tracks everywhere. Wayne National Forest is nearby. Three different Riding Districts: CRA, AMA District 11, AMA District 12. Theres alot of good companies too: Baldwin Motorsports, GT Thunder, Pro Fab Atv, and Four Stroke Tech is just a little east in PA.:macho

QuadTrix6
01-06-2003, 11:46 AM
stay far away from NY, i hate it here, i'm a country boy :D

QuadJunkies
01-06-2003, 12:13 PM
Hey Pappy... I would never suggest you move to Idaho cause Idaho SUCKS!..(although there is some beautiful counrty out here) But.. I bet you would love Oregon..Very beautiful , great hunting and fishing and LOTS OF SAND!!!:blah :blah Im determined to get some of you out west to give it a try and you will be hooked.;)

tants
01-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
stay far away from NY, i hate it here, i'm a country boy :D

ya it sucks in NY, what was i thinking. hahaha

joeroadking
01-06-2003, 12:25 PM

im looking for slower pace of life......i want a 40x80 shop....20 acres with a few tracks for the kids;) a big arse hot tub...for the wife;) and i cant afford the east coast if i want all that:mad: time to move inbreed...uhh...i mean inland:blah pappy I am right there with you buddy I will be shipping out of here (Boston)in the next year or two can not stand the city need to simplyfy and get some space to breath property is simply to expense here almost bought a condo for $190,000 and can not have my dog no yard and I felt like I was stuck in a box decided to wait and restart some where else where I can ride my quad or harley all year round and can breath, work an honest 40hrs and pay the bills and own a home with garage and yard Still undecided pretty scary at 34 years old not to know what direction your headed.:confused:

Pappy
01-06-2003, 12:39 PM
JOE....its not the direction yer headed in....its the fact that YOU are doin the drivin:p

get out why ya can.....the ratt race is for ratts:macho

Pappy
01-06-2003, 12:40 PM
QJ.....if i ever come out west....they will probly have to drag me home kickin' and a screamin:p

Ben
01-06-2003, 12:51 PM
You already know you are moving to WV so just decide where. :eek: I recommend the Parkersburg or Charleston areas, or the area in between them for what you are looking for. Then I can just drop of my parts to be pced and not ship them :p

NDrider
01-06-2003, 12:52 PM
If you want wide open space and low crime rates, move to North Dakota. Other then that we have nothing else to offer here.:D

Extremeracer167
01-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Well here in Western PA, things are easy going. Lots and lost of places to ride. Im not sure what taxes and that crap are, being 18 i dont have to worry about property tax just yet. But def. everyone around here is VERY nice, and things are just layed back! WHat more could ya ask for?

MSL
01-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Move to Missouri :rolleyes:

sportraxrider10
01-06-2003, 01:22 PM
central ohio is always a good choice, i wouldn't suggest that you go up north because you always get lake effect snow and you said you don't like snow so. i live in northeast

Pappy
01-06-2003, 01:24 PM
WELL, with a shop at the house...and no worries about drivin ta work....let it snow...let it snow...let it snoooooooooww:p

ZRacer
01-06-2003, 01:25 PM
This thread is useless because Pappy isn't moving anywhere!!! I will rip down his forsale sign on his house daily if I need too keep him from moving!!!

Pappy
01-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ZRacer
This thread is useless because Pappy isn't moving anywhere!!! I will rip down his forsale sign on his house daily if I need too keep him from moving!!!

:eek:

250rmike
01-06-2003, 01:47 PM
i would say pa w.v. or eastern kentucky. i mean u dont wanna be to far away from rausch and if u get land were having some rides at kenny's. ill help ya make some trails:devil

Team Outlaw #34
01-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Curt H. (Puff5er) told me you should move to North East Ohio....

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 02:12 PM
there is a house next door to me for sale.......145,000 :)
slab already poured for a garage too!

RideRed04
01-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Oh man, if we had pappy and joe living next door to eachother...boy oh boy! Pappy, this should be one heck of a compliment to you, everyone wants you to move in close to them...lol. Well, if you dont like snow, wisconsin would be the place to go...january 6th, and we have more grass then snow:confused:

Pappy
01-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
slab already poured for a garage too!

haha......i noticed that for sale sign when i was down there:devil

joeroadking
01-06-2003, 03:07 PM
slab already poured for a garage too! see thats what I am talking about! what a deal nothing like that in boston and i could build a supercross track with the doulble right over 4 punks house! bonus:D

flyin#5
01-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
Oh man, if we had pappy and joe living next door to eachother...boy oh boy! Pappy, this should be one heck of a compliment to you, everyone wants you to move in close to them...lol. Well, if you dont like snow, wisconsin would be the place to go...january 6th, and we have more grass then snow:confused:

i was just going to say that. if you dont like snow come tow wisconsin or MN:confused: :huh even those mexicans are getting snow WTF?

killed300ex
01-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Yea hope you fiund a place if i were you i would just build on that 60 acres plenty of land so u dont have anyneighbors and ypou could have a trak that goes right around the house and have a kick ***** shop there make a nice big oven that way you can do all our frames
kiled

wheeltrax
01-06-2003, 03:39 PM
I agree with my fellow Wisconsin ppl. Come here! There are alot of places to ride. plus the snow isnt that bad. we have had a messed up winter the past few years.. its almost like canadia type messed... j/k. snow.. 40º.. then snow... then 50º then more snow and so on... other than that its cool.

wheeltrax
01-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by flyin_400EX

i was just going to say that. if you dont like snow come tow wisconsin or MN:confused: :huh even those mexicans are getting snow WTF?

How much snow is up there by you. We have a cottage a few miles away from castle rock lake and Im wondering if its worth taking a trip up there and going snow riding soon. Or is it like down here in southeast wisconsin that we have like an inch or 2...Thats no fun!

Derek
01-06-2003, 03:51 PM
pappy come up herre and ride with us. (tommy, me, jay)

Team Outlaw #34
01-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax

How much snow is up there by you. We have a cottage a few miles away from castle rock lake and Im wondering if its worth taking a trip up there and going snow riding soon. Or is it like down here in southeast wisconsin that we have like an inch or 2...Thats no fun!

There is NO snow here Nuthing at all....The only thing white in our yard is from somone TPing us....oh yeah and by the way it is supposed to be 48 tomorrow here and 44 on wednesday....

400exNH
01-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Pappy are you really going to move , or is this just another one of your lies. I thought I remember seeing a thread awhile back from you regarding saying your "goodbyes" the forum, but that never happened. :p

Pappy
01-06-2003, 04:32 PM
i was leaving. but i was asked to stay.....so i did. and as far as lies? you dont read enough i reckon.

and yes....we are relocating. you just dont pack up and move a family until a few things are inorder. we have situated ourselves to where we can do this when the current owner of the business i manage retires. i wont leave him until he cashes in....made that promise 12 years ago:)

Rip_Tear
01-06-2003, 04:38 PM
Good luck on the move Pappy, I know its not happing soon but. Hope you find a good place! I am looking forward to finishing college and building a place on a lot with some acreage definatly over 200. The gun laws aren't that bad, they probaly wont even have any soon, with the way the one is going now. Most people haven't even registered their guns.... Doesn't matter though. Have fun! Are you planning on building a house?

Pappy
01-06-2003, 04:41 PM
we havent decided to build on our land...or purchase another. thats why we have a year to plan it out.

01-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Like I said Pappy, the whole exriders regulars should move to the same spot :D somewhere where theyre is snow in the winter, sand dunes, and tons of woods riding, plus good neighbours that dont get b!tchy if you go on "dey turf dawg"....

looking at this map http://www.jayzeebear.com/map/usa.html#

Northern Iowa looks like a nice place to be!!!
-its in the middle of the states
-snow
-fishing
-low crime
-country side
-lots of riding

OR

Oregon
-beaches
-hot girls
-sand
-snow
-beside cali, nevada, idaho, washington
but is there forestry?

you do not want exriders to take over the east coast! small states!

but im actually trying to stay away from the equator LOL too hot!!

buckNbanshee
01-06-2003, 05:59 PM
hey pappy come up here and live in Barbourville Ky

Taco
01-06-2003, 06:07 PM

lol....actually somewhere in west va is my goal. close enough to ky and oh and smack dab in the middle of quad country:D i cant live close to taco....he has issues:eek: :blah :grr :grr :grr :grr

Pappy
01-06-2003, 06:09 PM
^----see what i mean:devil lmao....taco...we wouldnt get no work done...same with 4punks and rico:D

01-06-2003, 06:46 PM
ny right by me and lathers, tons of places to ride:cool:

Rastus
01-06-2003, 06:48 PM
How about SouthEast Ohio?

Do you want to be closer to the River...like where I live?...or do you want to live closer in, like Lancaster, etc?

4punksdad
01-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Just what I need.............a neighbor named joeroadking who is as wild as me. :o
hey pappy..........sounds like joeroadking is movin in next door. Maybe he will rent ya a room in the basement :o

Pappy
01-06-2003, 07:23 PM
4punks....you'd get a lil pissed ....i'd be in the garage at midnight.....some maiden on the stereo......drinkin more then one should.....constantly firin up quads...or sanders....makin a royal ruckas.....

oh wait...maybe you would'nt:devil

joeroadking
01-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Just what I need.............a neighbor named joeroadking who is as wild as me. :o
hey pappy..........sounds like joeroadking is movin in next door. Maybe he will rent ya a room in the basement :o If life was only so easy! I wish I could, looks like my kind of place ! yeh my neighbors here are so petrified of me between me constantly fine tuning a quad, harleys with drag pipes, and my old vette with chambered exhaust they will not even look in my direction it is a little odd having Quads in the city (there must be somthing wrong with that boy !) !! ha LOL :devil man me ,pappy ,4punks man it would be fun ! guys I have got to get some pics up to show you maybe tommorow!

Instinctz
01-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Well not for sure what your options are.. but as for oklahoma where I live is great. I only have about 4 acres, but thats because im 16, and didnt pick the place.

Benifits:
Rather low cost for land, and home's.
Lots of wood riding trails.
1600 acres of sand dunes, and trails 25 minutes away from me.
Snow for about 2 weeks added up out of the year normaly.
Decent weather for the rest.
Oppertunity to open paint shop / other atv shop (Thats what im doin.)

Mainly I like it because there is a mix of most everything, many riding spots that are from 500 acres, to 1600 acres, lots of private land that you can ride on, and the neighbores I have dont care if I ride around (never had problems). Land is fairly inexpensive compared to other areas near large riding area's (beaches).. plenty of forest and trail riding. The local law doesnt care too much about riding on roads, and will most likily give you a warning if your doing something you are not.

But good luck, finding a spot. I only know the state I live in, so cant give you advice else where.

Foxrage
01-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Ohio is a great place to live but where ever you decide to stay get it close to ohio so i wont have to pay so much for shipping all the parts ill need poweder coat ill just bring them on down to you. Athens is a great place its i think in the top 10 or 20 cities to live!!! I sware thats a fact. That would be sweet too... Or right across the river around hunington is nice. Or maybe even good old MEIGS COUNTY OHIO!!!!! You have to watch out for the pot heads tho. Alot of cool riding spots that arent heard of and you have Millfield not to far away.

TC17
01-06-2003, 08:11 PM
i haven't heard PA i don't think. i love it here. the city is small and dinky with forests. great trails. for every hour you travel there is a track. and not to mention Rausch Creek has 9 tracks. there is hardly ever any crime around here. land is cheap. very mountainy. you can ride trails, sand banks, track, rocky terain, and the hairscrambles are great here. there are tons of poker runs. the only had thing is the Red Neck Hooter girls.:rolleyes:

Foxrage
01-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Ill make you a deal! i have about 93 acres of woods and feilds in the middle of no wear. It has my house and a 2 story garage on it. All water and electric lines right there. Ill give you a peice to build you our shop and house on and we can share the land to build and play on. All i want is some powedercoating!! Im serious TOO!!! we have a town about 2 miles away that does nuthing but riding we have tons of major riding places within 45 minutes. And im sure you could get plenty of business. One of the best schools on ohio. I live about 25 min from athens. You have a 12-18 months but if you consider it let me know.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 08:38 PM
yeah i like ohio alot. i used to pull runs thru there and it was a beautiful state. i will have to take the wife on a few lil day trips out there and let her check it out.:)

cjpoole1
01-06-2003, 10:37 PM
I would suggest middle TN or possibly central KY. TN is really the most centrally located state to all quad races. GNC, GNCC, and Mid-south Hare Scramble Series. The weather is pretty nice year round. Not much snow at all and not real hot, except for August, and a wide range of hunting and fishing. I could go on for days.

Pappy
01-06-2003, 10:47 PM
i have family in tennessee.....johnson city...kingsport....and more that i dunno where they actually live in that state. nice place....