PDA

View Full Version : jetting ?

pitkendall
06-27-2009, 10:16 AM
ok guys im bangin my head against the wall on this one im usualy pretty good at jetting and all that but my lil cus has this 300ex that has me beat down so please help me out ok it has a super trap slip on k&n filter no air box lid thats it well this thing allways has a boggy type sound to it and doesnt feel like its pulling as hard as it should ive taken the stock jets out and tryed everything from a 40 or 42 piolet and a 125 through a 145 main and it still has this boggy type sound and if u have the air boot to the box off(fell off as i was ridin it with seat off) u can feel a mist of gas comen out the carb whats this things problem this is the first 300ex ive worked on and im not too empressed with it considering i have its big bro 400ex thanks

dirtdawg
06-27-2009, 10:51 AM
you may need to get a bigger main. make sure that the boot between the carb and engine and the one from the airbox are really tight so they don't leak. i have a 199 main in my 400ex carb on my 300 and it runs perfect, so don't feel bad if you need to get a bigger main. i think you have a leak at the intake boot. double-check everything in the carb to make sure it's clean as well. does it fall on its face when you rev it? have you ridden it at all? what is the throttle like when riding?

pitkendall
06-27-2009, 11:57 AM
yes the carb is absolutely clean and yes when you get it reved up it falls on its face and kinda stuters but ill check the intake boot and all that and make sure theres no cracks or nothing but i wouldnt have never thought a stock 300 with a slip on and a filter would need a bigger jet change than just 5 10 or even 15 points thanks for the help

dns1764
06-28-2009, 07:20 AM
i think your giving it too much gas. try a smaller main like a 128

pitkendall
06-28-2009, 10:01 AM
thats what i thought too so i put a 125 in it and no change at all thats what has me so damn confused and agervated with this thing thanks for the suggestions guys