PDA

View Full Version : Glamis drag racing and hill shooting results.

RAPTORAZ
01-06-2003, 06:11 AM
Well guys I just got back from one of my best dune trips yet. I got to race many awesome machines with both my 416EX and my Raptor. Here's some of my results.

Racing at OLD's hill:

My 416EX vs. Alba Z400: He pulled me through the whoops but then I zipped by him at the top.

My 416EX vs stock Banshee: we were even through the whoops then I pulled away at the top.

My Raptor vs Trinity built 465EX: my stock shocks were no match for his Works suspension and he killed me through the whoops. After that, I ran by him at mid-hill. ( I should note that the 465 was specifically built for drag racing on nitrous, and off-bottle it sounded pretty lazy. He was out of squeeze when we ran. I don't have much doubt that he would've beaten me on the bottle.)

My Raptor vs. piped Predator: I loved this race. Because I got to lay to rest the myth that Predator's are Raptor killers. We were even through the whoops, then I pulled away pretty fast from there. I didn't get to race him with my 416EX but It would've been close I think.

My Raptor vs KING Raptor's 727: no contest. He killed me. Start to finish. But he did the same to everyone else I saw him race.

Sand Drags:

My Raptor vs. Houser Racing CRF450(destroked to 440cc to meet MX rules. Otherwise it was stock with exception of a SPARKS Race pipe.) powered quad: This bike impressed me. We were side by side until 5th gear. Then I slowly started to pull away.

My 416EX vs. CRF powered quad: my little EX made a valiant effort and hung in until 3rd. Then the mighty CRF pulled away.

So as you can see I had an adrenaline-filled weekend. Those weren't all the races I had, just the more interesting ones. I also beat and got beaten by many Raptors and Banshee's as well. I also have to give an ATTA BOY to my buddies 440EX. Because his EX is dead nuts to my Raptor and he was also able to beat The CRF and the Trinity 465EX. What was even more gratifying is the fact that his bike looks stock other than the SPARKS X-6 pipe. And he left the 465EX and the CRF guys scratching their heads. In case you're wondering what my Buddie's 440 set up is:
I.M.S. 11:1 440 kit
GT Thunder camshaft
Keihin 39mm FCR carb
head fully ported and polished
SPARKS X-6 pipe and head studs

Feel free to leave any comments.

Str8Wicked
01-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Sounds like you had fun... I was out there for Thanksgiving and also again on Dec. 26-28 and had a blast... Will be out there next weekend once more....

You should throw this in dune tales...

ChadEXer
01-06-2003, 01:52 PM
I cant wait to make it out there, it will probably be in March when we all go!!!

Dave400ex
01-06-2003, 02:06 PM
I can't believe how much of a difference your 416 setup made. I really need some motor work....

2 QuicK
01-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Good report:cool: Hmm...I wonder how much performance u lose with The destroking of 10cc's off the CrF. Has anyone seen any Dyno's or anything like that of before and after the destroking?...I think it would be interesting to see.

Sparks425Ex
01-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey Post some pics of your Ex and Your Raptor. and any of the Drags that you have. If you have any. Sounds like ya had a fun weekend. I would love to come out and drag with you guys.

beerock
01-06-2003, 03:20 PM
I can't believe the raptor - crf drag

sorry

the guy on the crf had some sort of problem or he couldnt drag for crap!

Str8Wicked
01-06-2003, 03:24 PM
I was just wondering.. I have the 2 year warrenty on my 400 still and I know if I do any motor work it will void it... How reliable are these mods.. I don't want to mod my 400 if I will have to rebuild it every few months...

Let me know...

Dune Surfer
01-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Str8, Mine is a 02 ex and I ride the heck out of it. It starts great. Do the mods it makes it alot more fun at Glamis. The sand robs power big time. If not go with a 14t sprocket and it will help alot.

shaneb
01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
beerock cut AZ some slack sound like an honest post to me ....

Dave400ex
01-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Some dealers allow you to do Motor work with the warranty and some won't. I know my local dealer said I could do anything and it was still covered.
I think all his Info sounds correct. Don't know how fast a CRF is though.

RAPTORAZ
01-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by beerock
I can't believe the raptor - crf drag

sorry

the guy on the crf had some sort of problem or he couldnt drag for crap!

I don't see why it's so hard to believe. Honda rates the CRF450 at 55 flywheel horsepower. Which would put it around 46 rear-wheel horsepower. Which is approximately about what a tuned Raptor puts to the ground. Except the Raptor puts out more torque. And torque is what wins drag races. And trust me, the guy had no problem drag racing. He launched with authority and didn't miss any shifts.

RAPTORAZ
01-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 2 QuicK
Hmm...I wonder how much performance u lose with The destroking of 10cc's off the CrF.

The destroking probably didn't hurt it's power output by any measurable amount. If anything, the shorter stroke just helped it to rev faster.

RAPTORAZ
01-07-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
Hey Post some pics of your Ex and Your Raptor. and any of the Drags that you have. If you have any. Sounds like ya had a fun weekend. I would love to come out and drag with you guys.

Here's a pic of my Raptor:

RAPTORAZ
01-07-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex

I don't have any pics of my EX with the AC bumper and air scoops yet, because they are recent additions. But here's a pic of what it looked like before:

Str8Wicked
01-07-2003, 08:59 AM
I do alright at olds considering I just have an open airbox, K&N, CT pipe, and re jet......

nj300exr
01-07-2003, 03:36 PM
your other rides sound pretty bad @$$ post some pics. especially the fairlane and mach. we used to drag a fairlane 500 with a 429scj in it, she flew