PDA

View Full Version : mudcaps

marrs224
06-27-2009, 02:15 AM
do u need beadlocks to use mudcaps and if so can u put beadlocks on rims that dont come with beadlocks

450rKid13
06-27-2009, 07:46 AM
No, you usually need beadlocks to run mudcaps. Maybe if you have an 8inch wheel and find some caps for a 10" beadlock they might almost fit, but i've never seen anything like that before. Or you could fabricate some of your own out of sheet plastic or plexi-glass or something...just an idea

As for beadlocks: You can't just put them on Non-Beadlock rims. The entire structure of the wheel is different. If you want to re-enact the purpose of the beadlock, you can get metal screws with a sealing gasket and drive them through the side of the bead seat of the rim and thru the bead of the tire. This will hold the bead in place the same way as a beadlock, but you risk leaks if a screw backs its way out, or just doesn't seal correctly.

Hope that helps ya man.

mxpimp2000
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
back in the day (400ex/hybrid) days me and my buddy would take a set of .190 douglas rims and make race rings for the rims out of diamond plate aluminum and weld them onto the wheel with aluminum welder and they would hold mudcaps but they werent actual beadlocks just basically reingforced wheels, made them alot stronger tho