PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Mini Quad

dericsdad
06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice on how to set up Min cvt quad for Cross country racing. We MX race, but have a cross country event coming up in July. I am mostly worried about just not breaking anything!

Other than full skid plates, I was thinking of installing our stock steel wheels and tires, just for the added clearance and strength of the wheels.

And possibly a 2-3 tooth larger rear sprocket to help turn the bigger rears.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

Dan.

Oh yeah, we also have a TT race that day as well... so that will be another set up as well...

06-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Dan alot of racers use the 19 35 combo for xc because there isnt long straight aways to build the speed up and you need the power more than anything with some speed but more to climb hills weave in and out of trees. I hope this helps you out?

airmobile101
06-28-2009, 11:12 AM
If this is his first XC race, I wouldnt change nothing. But, woods racing is all about the torque. Trust me, the tree's will keep the fastest kids honest;)

QuadJunkies
06-28-2009, 09:23 PM
This form of racing is tough on minis..
I would get the mini Razr Cross tires w/o steel wheels.they wont be needed....
Gear the front down if at all possible instead of adding a larger sprocket on the rear ,this will help with ground clearance .
Alot will depend on what the terrain is like of course to know your proper gearing to run.
Locktite the snot out of EVERYTHING! lol
You wouldnt believe how many things rattle loose on a CC race.

We run Brandons CC set up for FT,MX and WORCS. Hes so used to the tires he doesnt care for anything else and they work real well for MX application .

Good luck!

dericsdad
06-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Okey, Thanks for everyones input. i have a set of Razor cross fronts already coming. Not sure if i should just run the Snowhogs in the rear or not...