PDA

View Full Version : Best Value Shock

matt14c
06-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Im looking for a good front shock for my 250R. I just bought burgard +2+1 arms. I weigh about 220 with gear. I will mainly just be screwing around with this bike with some trail and dune riding. Maybe the occasional run around my track but nothing serious. I would like some opinions on good shocks less than $700. I have been having a hard time finding stock 450r shocks for less than $200 then the price to ship them someplace for a conversion and ship back im over what I want to spend. Been told by two companies that a yfz shock doesnt have the right travel and function even with the conversions for the 250R. So I started looking for something new and the only shocks I have found for that much is the elka rec series, and the two HLS shocks the essential and the enhanced. The HLS are clearly better for the price but the customer service at GT is really pissing me off and I dont want to give them my money! The elka rec series just seem really basic and might not be what im looking for. Does anyone have any other suggestions or any other input? Thanks

nakomis0
06-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Elka Recs, i think they are about $480.