PDA

View Full Version : Stuck swingarm bolt??

IcutMetl
06-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok my swingarm pivot bolt is being a pain in the you know what. I'm sure you guys have ran into this before...do these have a tendency to sieze up somewhere on the inside of the arm? I have a feeling I'm gonna have to cut the sob apart and get a new pivot bolt.

I was planning on getting new bushings/bearings, etc, so no HUGE deal.

Aceman
06-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I bet a search would turn up more than you ever wanted to know.:o

IcutMetl
06-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Yea, I've searched it, and the one thing I can clearly find is one guy who cut the pivot bolt in between the swingarm and frame.

Guess since my frame is junk, and my swingarm bolt is stuck, it wouldn't really matter- I was just looking for a magic bullet idea to get the thing outta there.

**I'm aware that the swingarms are different from 86/87 to 88/89, but can you use the same pivot bolt? There's one on ebay right now for a decent price.

CorvetteZ06
06-27-2009, 10:07 AM
join the club! that darn bolt gets siezed often. yes, all 86-89 use the same bolt. ive had to cut mine out 3 times in the past, between the frame and swing arm. now, i usually just remove it every few months and apply grease to the bolt, and re install it, havent had one stuck in a while since i started to do that. good luck man:cool: