PDA

View Full Version : Water coming out of my water pump overflow?

gncc025
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
i was riding a couple days ago and noticed my temp light come on which never happens. i checked my coolant and i had none. when i put some in and start it up it starts bubbling out of my overflow after 3 or 4 minutes. its a 2006 with no mods except a slip on. bad water pump gasket? blown head gasket? what do yall think?

daddio
06-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Blown head gasket. When the water pump seal goes, water drains from the little hose underneath the motor on the right side, and your rezzi bottle won't boil.

gncc025
06-26-2009, 10:30 AM
my rezzi bottle isnt boiling. its boiling when it comes out of my overflow on the right side. it spits it out in like 1 second intervals. sorry about the confusion. is it hard to replace the seal?

daddio
06-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by gncc025
my rezzi bottle isnt boiling. its boiling when it comes out of my overflow on the right side. it spits it out in like 1 second intervals. sorry about the confusion. is it hard to replace the seal?

Oh..... I understand. Sometimes they will do that for a little bit and then go away. But if your loosing lot's of coolant then it's easy to fix.

yfz4504life
09-06-2009, 02:10 PM
i'm kinda having the same problem. i have an oversized radiator and my quad will run for about 2 min fine and then once it starts to get hot all of my anti-freeze starts to pour out of the overflow on the top of the radiator and my headpipe is bright orange. anyone know what this could be? i kinda thought maybe i had a bad water pump and it wasn't pumping the anti-freeze into the engine but i dont know. please help!

pbblaster2
09-16-2009, 07:51 AM
get a new water pump seals o ring and impeller shaft pm me if an questions can get you some good p[rices on such also