PDA

View Full Version : Look what happend to my rear fox podium!

bobbys9350
06-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Well I got my Fox podium put on along with my JB Racing Rear link. I made several laps at my local practice track As I was dialing it in. The shock started to feel great with no signs of anything wrong (Or binding). I overshot a pretty tall 60ft table and the shock literally sheared the shaft right in half. I don't understand what could cause this? Nothing was binding up that I could see or feel. The only thing I noticed was that the spring was rubbing on the shock body. I have never seen anything like this before...... I know of a few riders running this combo (Fox Podium/ JB Link) on their R, including Thomas Brown. Have you guys ever seen anything like this? I will be calling Fox tommorow and tearing into them... They will either replace it or give me a refund.

Pics deleted for now

LTR450_#67
06-25-2009, 10:24 PM
That sucks but is impressive....... Maybe a faulty shock?

Franklin999
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Now that is riding hard ha send that S@#$ back get the money at least. by the way nice low rider lol.

bobbys9350
06-28-2009, 01:35 PM
the shock body was slightly rubbing before i rode it. If anyone qouted something with a picture in it can u please delete it until i get this resolved. thanks!