PDA

View Full Version : 250R fest

dustinshuler
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
I know its crazy, I have been pondering for awhile about having a big 250r get together and the Tecate fest on the opening page inspired me. I talked to the guys at the Durhamtown Plantation sometime back and they said they would be glad to have us. I think it would be cool to get together and have some activities like MX/hill climbing/drag racing/show and shine/cook out/swap meet and oter stuff to. We could even expand and include ATCs and 250r style hybrids. Maybe sometime later in the year when it starts to cool down like oct,I know alot of you are from up north but its a great location and I think it would work out nicely.

Let me know what you think!

Fear250r
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it anywhere this year, but I'm definitely up for something next year!

rustyATV
06-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by dustinshuler
I know its crazy, I have been pondering for awhile about having a big 250r get together and the Tecate fest on the opening page inspired me. I talked to the guys at the Durhamtown Plantation sometime back and they said they would be glad to have us. I think it would be cool to get together and have some activities like MX/hill climbing/drag racing/show and shine/cook out/swap meet and oter stuff to. We could even expand and include ATCs and 250r style hybrids. Maybe sometime later in the year when it starts to cool down like oct,I know alot of you are from up north but its a great location and I think it would work out nicely.

Let me know what you think!

I definitely would go. I'm a regular out there as it is, and my R was fairly well known when they had their hare scramble series because I was the only two stroke in the whole field at times (and would often win).

With my luck, though, my rebuild drama will continue for the next year and I'll forget where my quad is sitting in the garage.

One thing about DP, though, is it gets REALLY dry and dusty in the fall.

1promodfan
06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Sounds like a great idea!! For those of you who don't know we are planning a ride at Busco Beach July 17. Its a bunch of guys from the everything 2-stroke site.

Hey Dustin, I'm headed your way this weekend. You mentioned something about me coming out and checking your rides.

06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I could see a road trip in my future...:D

Derrick Adams
06-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Very cool idea. I would really enjoy spending some time checking out everyones 250R's. We have some cool ones to bring along as well. lol.

Where is this place? They have a drag strip and an MX track?

dustinshuler
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Sounds like a great idea!! For those of you who don't know we are planning a ride at Busco Beach July 17. Its a bunch of guys from the everything 2-stroke site.

Hey Dustin, I'm headed your way this weekend. You mentioned something about me coming out and checking your rides.
hey man give me a call 828-508-5344

dustinshuler
06-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
Very cool idea. I would really enjoy spending some time checking out everyones 250R's. We have some cool ones to bring along as well. lol.

Where is this place? They have a drag strip and an MX track?
yea, they have like 6 mx tracks a drag strip w/lights a circle track and prob 150 miles of trails even some really short hill climbs (its Georgia) and a couple mud pits, camping , a pro shop that has everything you could ever want or need. Its a really cool place the only problem is yes it can get dusty and it tends to be pretty crowded on the weekends.

Lets plan this thing, I think we could draw a crowd!

Oh its in union point GA.

86Rrider
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
This sounds like a great idea, but I would not be able to attend this year either.

Dustin, you might want to contact this place and ask about private, or club gatherings. Sometimes if you can provide them with a large number of riders coming, they may offer some considerations on crowd control. Just a thought.

rustyATV
09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Bump

Weather's getting cooler, and it's been raining unusually often for this time of the year.

oldschoolr
09-10-2009, 09:11 PM
hey dustin thats a great idea.. i went there back in july and loved it. i had a blast we are talking bout going back. lets fill that place with premix..