PDA

View Full Version : Since the other handlebar thread...

kawabunga
06-25-2009, 11:30 AM
A question has come to mind...
Something I've always wondered about buying handlebars, how the heck do you know what bend is right for you??? Aside from buying all of them and trying them out, how do you know? What sweep, what height, fat bar, material???
I don't know if what I have is the best for me.
Maybe there's something out there more comfortable.
Anyone else share my frustration or have advice to share with everyone?

sparks 450
06-25-2009, 03:27 PM
go to your dealer they should have some diff. bars in stock you can check out for yourself.

born2ride14
06-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Well i usually just get the atv bend they have been woring pretty good

RedRidnghoodlum
06-25-2009, 05:54 PM
buy Used ones. Thats what i did N just sold the ones i didn't like. Sounds dumb but works for me

dirtrider77
06-25-2009, 09:25 PM
buy a bar, be very careful installing it, then see how it feels, and return it to company, do this with all bends of bars, then when your done, but the one you were most happy with!

..warning: very time consuming..lol

06 Honda 450R
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
My shop has been selling the pro taper countor windham rm mid bend and a plus 2 stem the best, i sat on a quad and it was very comfy and i just ordered the same so i think you should deffenetly try them, the only thing is they are dirtbike bars so dont look for them in a atv section,

jkiserracing
06-25-2009, 10:37 PM
It seems that the cr high bend is very popular. I am not a fan of the atv bend because it sweeps too far back to me which causes even more arm pump imo. The cr high straightens it out a bit which (again imo) gives me a little more control. I also use the carmichael bend which is really close to the cr high bend....

kawabunga
06-26-2009, 09:07 AM
CR high bends do seem to be quite popular. I just don't know what I'd get, nor would it probably matter a whole lot. I guess I'll just have to play the guessing game.