PDA

View Full Version : white brothers rivet question

bean2080
06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
i tryed the search but i dont have much time to look because i will be leaving downtown soon. can any of you guys tell me the specs on the pop rivets i need for my white bros e-series exhaust? im going to repack it and i was wanting to get the right size rivets before i left to go change the packing out. maby 3/8" and 1/8" maby? sorry for the blunt topic but im scrambling to get some stuff done here because i have to leave to go downtown soon lol
thanks guys!

hypersnyper6947
06-25-2009, 01:35 PM
it depends, my rivet holes had warped and became larger so i had to get a bigger size. There pretty cheap just buy a couple different sizes.

dariusld
06-25-2009, 04:06 PM
I used aluminium rivets and they just broke. So I used steel ones and it was a little better. So as a last straw I put in two small sheet metal screws, along with the rivets, and haven't had a problem since.

duroc825
06-26-2009, 07:04 PM
If you are just repacking I don't think you have to replace any rivets. My E Series has screws at the tip and the packing goes in there. I do have rivets at pipe end that are coming lose now and need to be replaced with a larger size rivet.