PDA

View Full Version : Frederic Michigan Trails

Happicamper
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
A great place to ride is the Frederic Michigan area. They have over 50 Miles of trails and also a connector to the Kalkaska county's 80 Miles. These trails are burmed great and Awesome. A good place to stay and have access direct to the trails is Happi Days Campground and Diner they have Electric/Water hook ups,Full Bathhouse with Showers,a 50's Style Diner for great food and a cool camp store that even carries Dairy Queen Ice cream.
Check it out at www.happidayscampground.com

bbender85
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
my family used to have a cabin 3 miles out of town. we rode snowmobiles. i really miss that area.... knew it like the back of my hand.

is this not the blue bear trail then? or is it?

wow, now i could really go for a frederic inn burrito!!!!

bbender85
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM
so i just looked at your site and saw the map, guess it is a different trail system.

what are these trails like? narrow? rutted? much debris? i ask because my machine is set up for MX (low and wide), so it's not the best trail rider. :)

Happicamper
07-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello,
the new trails are mostly 50 inches and Wider and your Quad, very nice by the way would have no problem. The trails cross the Blue Bear several times.
If your ever back in the area look me up at Happi Days.
Todd

bbender85
07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
thanks todd. we've been to your restaurant -many- times on the sleds for breakfast, always great food.

i'll have to try and get a group together and check out those trails yet this year!