PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki mojave problems

yeabmx
06-25-2009, 06:31 AM
After riding my 2003 mojave sometimes it over heats and starts bogging out. A big cloud of smoke sometimes blows out the exhaust and after that happens once it shuts off usually won't start back up. the other day that happened and i put the quad away, and the next day went to ride it and the bike wont move. it'll start right up first kick, but if you kick it into first or any gear. it wont move. i lifted the rear end and the tires are spinning. just wont move with weight on it. a buddy of mine thinks the timing should be done. but i've heard thats not it.. does anyone know what the problem could be??

Colby@C&DRacing
07-01-2009, 08:40 AM
As for not moving with a load on it I woulds say your clutch needs adjusted or replaced.

xcracer416
07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by yeabmx
After riding my 2003 mojave sometimes it over heats and starts bogging out. A big cloud of smoke sometimes blows out the exhaust and after that happens once it shuts off usually won't start back up. the other day that happened and i put the quad away, and the next day went to ride it and the bike wont move. it'll start right up first kick, but if you kick it into first or any gear. it wont move. i lifted the rear end and the tires are spinning. just wont move with weight on it. a buddy of mine thinks the timing should be done. but i've heard thats not it.. does anyone know what the problem could be??

sounds like the clutch like he said. what color smoke do you see? If its white more than likely you have a blown head gasket (on water cooled engines), blue is usually oil smoke, black is a rich condition. the clutch might have been slipping causing the engine to work harder by reving up more.

I cant remember if the mojo is water cooled or not, i know its dohc so the timing chain would have had to jump alot for your timing to be off.