PDA

View Full Version : Handguards, manual, spark plugs, etc...anyone stock these?

craigmacphee
06-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I ordered a manual with my purchase back in May and have not received it at the dealer yet.

I also ordered a set of handguards (roost guards or whatever you call them) for my ds 450x MX from my dealer and it took them 3 weeks to get me a set. Today I somehow broke my right hand guard in the area where the allen screw holds it to the bar. I don't know if it happened loading it, unloading it, or what.

I also was in a crash with another guy about 1 1/2 months ago and had my left hand side nerf bar protector dented. I have ordered this part but to no vail yet.

My "replacement" updated clutch cover (the first updated one was determined defective by the dealer) has been on order for 5 weeks now.

I was wondering if you guys knew of anyone that stocks these items so I can get them yet this summer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a BRP racer number if that would help any of you dealers while trying to get the parts from BRP or any other source you have. (I have heard the BRP Rep has some pull on the parts but I have to find a dealer willing to talk to him for me. I don't care what the stuff costs, never have, I just need the parts and my dealer cannot get them in.

Thanks, Craig

grannysleeper
06-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Craig, by all of your posts that I have read, I would say your dealer really SUCKS. I would look to an online source, such as http://www.chaparraledealership.com/ or http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/ (haven't tried this one yet), I order tons of OEM stuff, and rarely wait longer than a week to get my parts. Or you can use these sites to get the part numbers, and try calling in an order to a different dealership. I have done this a few times with a dealership in Idaho, and they've been very reliable. I know TNT has a good parts dept in the south somewhere (a little closer to you?) , you might ask him for the contact info.

Blizzard24
06-25-2009, 04:16 AM
I agree w grannysleeper, it sounds like your dealer is worthless.

I am not sure if my dealer can help you out here in NY, but give Dutchess Recreational Vehicles a call and see if they can help.

They may be able to ship parts to you. Tell them Chris directed you to them.

845-454-2810

craigmacphee
06-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I can't agree with you more.

I will give one of those (or all) of them a shot tomorrow to see what we can come up with.

Have a good one, Craig