PDA

View Full Version : on fuel injected motors

Bigkyle111
06-24-2009, 07:06 PM
im about to put a full yoshi system on my ltr. do i have to re-jet it??

kyleschonert
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Being it FI, it does not have a carb, so it cannot be re jetted. You should be just fine with the Cherry Bomb, but if you plan on doing anything else you might want to look into getting a fuel management system like the Power Commander 3 or Yoshimura PIM/FIMAK combo. The PIM should have a setting for the Yosh exhaust, but if you add, say a piston, port work, and cam, you would need the FIMAK to tune it.

yamaha_maniack
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
yeah i have the new 09 yfz 450r and people told me that if i am going to change anything that affects the airflow of my engine (intake, exhaust, etc...) then i would need to buy a fuel controller for it.. i am going to wait until i get everything else i need for my quad to be race ready before i get any motor mods..

good luck man! i want a yosh too. i like the sound of em.

Honda4life05
12-04-2009, 09:12 PM
why do you have to get a fuel controller to change the fuel ratio? shouldnt it change itself? isnt that the point of FI to have it easy when you add exhausts or filters like a car?

honda400ex2003
12-05-2009, 08:59 AM
as far as i know these fi systems are not open systems and will not do this. They do not have o2 sensors and such on them to read the ratios at certain points and what not. If they had this then it would adjust itself. Please let me know if i have this backwards. Steve