PDA

View Full Version : 04 Sportsman 700

jeepguy46126
06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey guys , i need some help . I am honda sport quad guy. I am looking for something the woman can ride but can be useful for me as well. I can get an 04 700 with 75 hours for $3,000 . Just wondering if this is an ok deal . It is in good shape and runs well just some normal scrapes in the plastic. Any problems with these i should look for ? How many hours can you get out of an engine that has been taken care of before a rebuild ? I know the guy that has it, so i know it has had an easy life. Any thing i should know ?

Nate

cmitchell79
06-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I have 300 hours on my 02 700 I have not had one problem out of the motor or trans yet. I raced the quad one season of harescrambles and still have not touched engine. The only failures I have had is the top of the steering stem broke off, one of the rear shock mounts broke off the frame and one of the front down supports on the frame broke. I have beat the hell out of this quad and it has never failed to start, no smoke and does not use any oil. Mine is the only one I have ever heard of have any frame issues, but I raced it and I weigh 300 lbs.

I have had to replace all of the universal joints and wheel bearings but with as many miles as it has that was just maintenance.

Keep the oil changed and keep everything greased regularly and it shoud last you a long time. The only problem with buying this machine for your wife is the weight, it is very very heavy.
Chris

jeepguy46126
06-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I dont think weight will be an issue. The only place she will ride is around the yard and we go down to kentucky a few times a year and she will only drive on the gravel logging trails and the state trails that are really easy. She wont be following me out into the trails in the woods.