PDA

View Full Version : reviews on 09 sportsman 850 xp

sheldo
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
im looking to buy a sportsman 850 xp. what r some of the goods and bads about it and i have never owned a 4x4 before so i thought this quad should be a strong one

Shilly
06-26-2009, 07:47 PM
First of all, the power it has is addictive. It is a rocket! I have about 250 miles on mine, and I am very impressed. Here are a few likes and dislikes: (remember, this is only my opinion)

Likes: Power (70 hp) the 800's only have 54 hp, handling, power steering, easy to wheelie :) ADC, and overall weight balance.

Dislikes: Factory tires, seat (too soft), lack of storage.

If you buy this bike, you will not be able to walk past it without getting on and taking off.

sheldo
06-27-2009, 09:58 AM
thanks dude yah i seen that the seat is soft and the stock tires suck

Giz400ex
07-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I've had mine since May and the only prob I have with it is the storage. I wish there was something to at least put your cell or glasses. Tires are ok, not great but ok, they seem to wear fast imo. The seat, I LOVE THE SEAT! I feel like I'm driving a cadillac not a dump truck. I did the EPS with it and with the combination of everything else, the 850 XP is a great machine and I'm really enjoying it.

Amache
01-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, the stock Carlisle tires are awful on the 850, and another issue is that wider 14" tires cannot be mounted on the rig without bending the sway arm, buying new offset rims, or using wheel spacers. Bighorns won't fit (unless you have the steel wheels that come with the camo unit.
Amache