PDA

View Full Version : wheel adapters, has anyone tried these???

tri5ron
06-24-2009, 02:20 PM
has anyone ever tried these on your trx90?
or
anything similar, that allows you to mount 250ex/400ex wheels on your trx90?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170167111999&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I am considering doing something like this for my daughters quad, and putting the rear wheels off of my 400ex on hers.
I have a set of Turf Tamers on my wheels, and I'm thinking that they would provide alot more stability to her trx90.

Since I do have a extra set of stock wheels for my 400ex, and I want to get some better tires on mine,....
I'm figuring that I'll put some new tires for me on the extra set of wheels, and put my TT's on hers.

I just want to avoid the extra cost of the adapters, If someone here has tried it and they didn't work out well.

So what do you think? would it be a good thing or not?

miniquaddad90
06-25-2009, 06:37 AM
The will work, a friend of ours has them on his. They add a little bit of weight to the rotating mass but not a big deal. I would make sure you run 18" tires.

Birddogg
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I have a set for the rear that I had powdercoated red. I never used them, I ended up going with a different setup. $30 shipped.

tri5ron
07-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Birddogg
I have a set for the rear that I had powdercoated red. I never used them, I ended up going with a different setup. $30 shipped. PM sent

Birddogg
07-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Adapters sold. Ron, I had the wife send those out to you today via USPS. Thanks again!

tri5ron
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Cool ! Thanks,
I look forward to getting them on my daughters quad.
She's pretty excited too. She seems to think that with Daddy's wheels on her quad, she will be able to "race" me now, LOL!

Nice talking to you last night, and I'm sure I'll want to pick your brain in the future about tinkering on the mini's.

have a great day,
ride hard, ride safe, and keep the rubber side down.
Ron

brooksjet
07-30-2009, 08:40 PM
ETON VIPER 90 HUBS WILL FIT ON AND HAVE THE 110 BOLT PATTERN ALSO

tri5ron
08-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Birddogg,
We got the adapters in the mail yesterday, and Cameron was so excited we had to put them on last night. It was her first mod that she did herself, (with a little help from me).
check out her thread.
her screen name is Pink Power.

Birddogg
08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Just to clear any confusion, I don't make these adapters!!! I bought a set from Diamond J customs a few years back and when Ron mentioned that he was checking into these I remembered that I had a set in the garage. I had completely forgot that I had them.

Originally posted by brooksjet
ETON VIPER 90 HUBS WILL FIT ON AND HAVE THE 110 BOLT PATTERN ALSO

I ended up running a set of Kasea hubs that used the 4x100 bolt pattern(Yamaha Blaster). I got a smoking deal on a set of ITP rims and brand new tires for all 4 corners. The hubs came with the deal, so that's the route I decided to go with. Thanks for the tip on the E-ton hubs though.