PDA

View Full Version : 2010 450r

motoxchamp
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Is honda finally going to step up and update the 450r? IMO the honda has fallen off the pace especially since they went backwards with the 06+ model (wrong hubs and spindles and a weaker tranny). I doubt anyone knows details I just want to know if they are doing anything other than new graphics and colors.

One_Bad_400
06-24-2009, 01:57 PM
if you want your honda to be like the other brands, then get another brand. i love my 06 and 07 honda and i wouldnt trade them for nothing. i dont really give a hoot if they change anything on it at all. becasue anything they would change i would put after market better stuff on it.

but, ya, i dont think anyone knows anything about them yet.

hotrodbelair
06-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
if you want your honda to be like the other brands, then get another brand. i love my 06 and 07 honda and i wouldnt trade them for nothing. i dont really give a hoot if they change anything on it at all. becasue anything they would change i would put after market better stuff on it.

I totaly agree my 04 still gets the job done. im totaly happy with mine i started out with stock rebuilds and just with that it was pretty good ive ran those for a year before upgrading to full set of ohlins. the only thing i would like to see them do, is get more into factory support.

sparks 450
06-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Love my 2004 .

rollie
06-24-2009, 08:22 PM
look at the economy, hell can-am and KTM arent even producing 2010 bikes, i would say the honda will stay unchanged other than bold new graphics.

Pretty sure upperman got 2nd on a honda last weekend, i wouldnt call that falling off the pace

i agree with these guys just leave the bike alone and get some contingence going!!!!!!

TRX-330
06-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I feel the only thing different is that they dont sit as low or as wide. But you dont need that for trail riding. Honda has always been more of a trail bike then race anyways.

One_Bad_400
06-24-2009, 09:14 PM
where did you get that can-am and ktm where not producing 2010 bikes?

rollie
06-24-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=399123

ProspectorJim
06-24-2009, 09:41 PM
can-am is still making a 2010 model. Its basically the 2009 model with a few changes like the much needed louver for the radiator. At least at the local dealers around here, can-am is selling units.

motoxchamp
06-25-2009, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400

Dont get me wrong, I love my 05 450r. But its sad to know Honda has actually gone backards since they intrduced the 450r in 04. I owned an 07 and didnt like the power even after extensive motor mods and it was frustrating to find out I had to buy 04 hubs and spindles to improve the handling. And why are you guys so opposed to Honda introducing a new and better quad? When I compared my buddies 2004 crf450 dirtbike to my 2009 crf450 it blew me away. With only $600 in aftermarket upgrades (suspension revalve, reprogrammed efi, and bars) on my 09 it handled far better, felt lighter, shifted smoother, and had better suspension, than the 04 that had $4,000 in mods. It would be nice if quads progressed at half the pace as 2 wheelers. It took almost 20 years just to improve on the 250r. The lack of technological progression in our sport is frustrating to me.

Originally posted by rollie
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=399123
It doesnt say that KTM or Can-Am are discontinuing their quads. I know that Can Am definately hasnt discontinued their ds450 and Id be shocked if KTM removed the 450 and 525. Get your facts straight so you dont look like an idiot.

hondaracing_13
06-25-2009, 07:50 AM
I have a 2004 and have had no probs with it at all. Don't beleave what you read in the mags, they always have the Honda near the bottom of the shoot outs. Just look at the results, Yamaha and Suzuki may win championships but if Honda would give the same support Honda would be on top in all forms of racing.

Ruf Racing
06-25-2009, 08:02 AM
The Yamaha's and Suzuki's are junk after a few years of just trail
riding. The craftsmenship but into these bike are poor to say the
least. Honda's quality and dependablity is tops. :D :cool:
I wouldn't own anything but Honda.

sparks 450
06-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by hondaracing_13
I have a 2004 and have had no probs with it at all. Don't beleave what you read in the mags, they always have the Honda near the bottom of the shoot outs. Just look at the results, Yamaha and Suzuki may win championships but if Honda would give the same support Honda would be on top in all forms of racing. there has been more championships won on the honda 450r than any other quad

rollie
06-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by motoxchamp
Get your facts straight so you dont look like an idiot.
Ok, if you feel the need to be a tough guy on the internet i understand, everyone has a bad day, anyway if you acually read my post i said nothing about them being droped out of the line up, and if you read the whole post and a few others you would see that they are just taking the remaining 09's and selling them as 2010's

apparently i was off on the can-am part of it but the person under my last post was nice enough to correct me without beinga jerk

quadbod
06-25-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't mean to hate, but, 450r's are slow and *****.

It really doesn't supprise me that they arn't changing anything.

Suzuki and KTM and Can-AM and Yamaha and even Quadzilla produce better and faster and more competative quads than Honda.

Honda don't care about the ATV market or the vehicle market.

I know the MD of Honda and I KNOW THEY ARE CHIT.

sparks 450
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by quadbod
I don't mean to hate, but, 450r's are slow and *****.

It really doesn't supprise me that they arn't changing anything.

Suzuki and KTM and Can-AM and Yamaha and even Quadzilla produce better and faster and more competative quads than Honda.

Honda don't care about the ATV market or the vehicle market.

I know the MD of Honda and I KNOW THEY ARE CHIT. if it's not broke dont fix it. they have won more races and in different types of racing than any other quad hands down. in fact more than all other quads put together. just facts not opinions.

ride24x7
06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I love my 05' 450R....I bought an 06' for my son and thought I would like it too but wrong.......love the kirk start, love the bottom end power, love the quad......so got rid of the 06' and looking for another 05' or ???

jkiserracing
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
I heard that about the KTM just yesterday. Not the can ams though. In fact my dirt wheels just showed up today with the 2010 can ams so they are good. But the KTM may be out from what I understand.

Now I got to say...my 450r aint slow and nothing....its fast and fast...

motoxchamp
06-26-2009, 01:23 AM
It seems like no one gets the point. Of course the 04 450r is an awesome quad. If I had to choose any quad to modify I would still chose the honda. But it frustrates me that I have to modify so much to make it competitive (level A WORCS/ITP). The mags rate the honda low because it is the worst performing off the showroom even though it has the most potential. Honda hasn't imroved in 6 years while others have spent time and money on R&D to help progress the sport. When a new dirtbike is introduced like the 09 crf450 it creates a buzz within the industry and IMO helps move the sport forward. As bike design improves the riders are able to perform manuevers that werent possible before. This progression in technology keeps the fans interested to see faster races. I feel that without new models being released our sport will go stagnant like it did in the 90's and early 00's . Honda has the most potential to breathe fresh life into our sport but they refuse. The 04 450r revolutionized quad racing and brought a lot of attention to the sport and new sponsors. I just wish they would have stuck with it and given us something new to cheer about.

hondaracing_13
06-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Honda makes there ATVs so everyone can buy one. KTMs are nice but who has 9000.00 or 10000.00 + to dump in a quad. Not everyone has that kind of money. Hondas are priced low so you can dump a couple of thousand in one and beat any one of these other quads any day of the week.

Ruf Racing
06-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by hondaracing_13
Honda makes there ATVs so everyone can buy one. KTMs are nice but who has 9000.00 or 10000.00 + to dump in a quad. Not everyone has that kind of money. Hondas are priced low so you can dump a couple of thousand in one and beat any one of these other quads any day of the week.

Agreed, truer words have never been said. People buy Honda because of their reputation of having the best built machines.
90 percent of the people who purchase any quad are recreational
riders. Honda #1 :D

RedRidnghoodlum
06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
Agreed, truer words have never been said. People buy Honda because of their reputation of having the best built machines.
90 percent of the people who purchase any quad are recreational
riders. Honda #1 :D

X2... oh and the ktms i looked at before buying my newest 450 were actually going in the $11000+ range...

Claas900
06-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I love how ppl only look at the price and not whats on the bike that your paying 11k for.
But the truth is the bike at 11k has more to it then most ppl can use,its a very high end bike and your avg person doesn't need that. Honda looks to fit the bill for the avg person.

RedRidnghoodlum
06-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Just my two cents but i bought my 07 as a leftover for 5 thousand and some change. Give me 6 thousand to make up for the price of that ktm and . . . Well you get the idea . . . One bad R. . .

dirtbike&quad
06-26-2009, 07:19 PM
personally i love my 450r but i dont have much to compare it to. the only 450 ive ever road was another honda. lol. i actually do like the way the yfz sits better, but my 450r rips and i wouldnt trade it for something else i didnt know much about. my engine is brand new and has that arm ripping power i lacked on the 400ex

hondaracing_13
06-27-2009, 08:04 AM
I have rode a Suzuki, Yamaha, and a KTM. I have sit on a Kawasaki while in school. I don't like the Suzuki at all, didn't like the feel of the Yamaha, and the KTM felt like a Harley Davidson because it shook and made all kinds of noise. I have only sit on the Kawasaki and liked it but haven't riden one. So I will only ride a Honda till something comes out that is better or is the same price. And we all know that will never happen, so I guess Ride Red for me.

vAnS_77
06-27-2009, 08:10 AM
When you get a new ATV it doesn't have to be a current year model. Why pay msrp for the brand spankin new model that you don't even know it runs yet :D Get a year or 2 older when you buy a quad. Not a used one, just one that is a 2008 but new. I'm looking at a ktm through a dealer for 7300 brand new 2008 525 xc. That is the same price as a brand new honda.

reptikes
06-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Claas900
I love how ppl only look at the price and not whats on the bike that your paying 11k for.
But the truth is the bike at 11k has more to it then most ppl can use,its a very high end bike and your avg person doesn't need that. Honda looks to fit the bill for the avg person.

Very, very true. I have ridden most of whats out there, and when i can get another quad (depending what the 2010 450r is like) i'll be getting an 04' trx450r. :cool:

don_carallo
06-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Iown a '04 450r model, but i think that Honda needs an update of the R to stay on the top again.

Actually nobody talk about the 450r on the mags or the internet, people tlaks about him like an old model, similar to the 400ex.

It's no question of if the 450r needs new things, is question of commercial.

I hope you understand, i have a not very good English lol

ukguy
06-29-2009, 04:23 PM
apparently changes are being made. efi is being introduced, a-arms and wide axle are being added (or std being lenghtend) but with joe bryd helping develop the bike it isnt going to go backwards.

jkiserracing
06-29-2009, 09:26 PM
how did you find out about this? It seems that no one else has known anything.....only speculation

k265r
06-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Joe byrds not helping develop the new hondas. who knows if they will change anything.

ukguy
06-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by ukguy
apparently changes are being made. efi is being introduced, a-arms and wide axle are being added (or std being lenghtend) but with joe bryd helping develop the bike it isnt going to go backwards.

pardon my daughters boyfriend using my log on i will thrash him later. and try to etsablish a few facts

hondaracing_13
06-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Why is Honda using Joe Byrd to help with the new bike. He runs a 2005. They should be helping Bryan Cook, he runs a newer bike and everyone can use what he puts in a bike to run XC then what Joe spends on a MX bike.

jkiserracing
06-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by ukguy

Actually I dont think this person had his facts about this......I was wondering the same thing. Like everyone is wondering what Honda would do in 2010 and all of a sudden someone knew the efi this and a arms axle that Joe Byrd helping develop blah blah......I was like whaaaaaaat........i must be out of the loop or something......

hondaracing_13
06-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Like I have said before, in school at MMI they told us that everything Honda makes will go to EFI in 2010. I wouldn't hold my breath till we see one of them in Aug or Sept.

lzyga05
07-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Ruf Racing
The Yamaha's and Suzuki's are junk after a few years of just trail
riding. The craftsmenship but into these bike are poor to say the
least. Honda's quality and dependablity is tops. :D :cool:
I wouldn't own anything but Honda.

lol suzuki's will proby last the longest stock for stock

sparks 450
07-01-2009, 06:47 PM
suzuki is having a hard time keeping 3rd gear in them.

nicksvans
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
i could be wrong but i faintly remember a mechanic saying that suzuki's owners manuel recommends to change the piston every 20hrs. if so i dont think the suzuki would out last a honda

madskrillz2
07-01-2009, 10:08 PM
My Suzuki has been pretty much bullet proof until just recently when it needed new rings and mine is an 06. So, take that for what it's worth.

nicksvans
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
thats good, im not talking down on a suzuki, that make is just your preference and not mine. my honda is an 04 with 3 years on a race motor, and it still pulls hard. the only thing i can think of that when wrong with my quad is a bent spindel and a-arm but thats because a car hit me on a fire trail lol.

ThePhantomRider
07-04-2009, 01:38 AM
As I have posted before, completely new 450r is completed....some things finalized:

Aluminum frame
EFI (90% sure)
Totally revised suspension

2010 Release if market improves, otherwise 2011.

That's it, all new bike.

Mark this date, get back to me in a 12 months.

TPR

sparks 450
07-04-2009, 01:41 PM
very well said.GOOD POINT.

07-04-2009, 02:47 PM
people just like to see change to know that their brand isnt falling behind and when the time comes to get something new there is something better than what they have. All Honda really needs is just aftermarket parts already on it or options for that stuff. I'm thinking Honda is going to drop Showa for the quads too and go KYB. Maybe use a steering stabilizer too from the factory. Just the little things that count and make it ride nice. EFI is deffinately in the future though.

awj8074
07-04-2009, 05:40 PM
The only thing i'd love to see them add is batteryless EFI one kick to charge it and 1 kick to start it. If that happens i'll be trading my 05 in for a 2010 as soon as they hit the showroom floor.

450mxh
07-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Well the dirt bike 450r was changed in 09 and has had several problems with it. If the 2010 quad has changes like the bike got, I would really wait a year after it has been out, and let Honda iron out all the problems, and kinks in it, if any occur.

sparks 450
07-05-2009, 10:02 AM
just wondering what problems you have heard they are having .

awj8074
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
i know of some small issues they have with the new efi 450 bikes but wouldnt they be worked out before the 2010 quad is released? Guess i can wait till 2011 lulz that or just keep my 05 and get a polaris RZRs like i want

450mxh
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by awj8074
i know of some small issues they have with the new efi 450 bikes but wouldnt they be worked out before the 2010 quad is released? Guess i can wait till 2011 lulz that or just keep my 05 and get a polaris RZRs like i want

What I mean is if the 2010 quad is changed over to efi, I myself would wait and let it get tested out by others, and then make my decision.

ThePhantomRider
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Always a good idea to let the first year work the bugs out...

I should be 100% correct on my previous post.....

All new 450r.

TPR

Dylan189
07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
To be honest I would hate for hondas new quads to become already 50 inches wide for mx. Cuz its gonna cost more money even though everyone just gonna upgrade the front end anyway. Theres relle no point. Also im not a fan of efi it gets old to quick imo.

Snoopy450r
07-08-2009, 11:34 PM
ThePhantomRider -where are you getting your information from. The grape vine, or a little birdy. Or do you have a crediable source?

ThePhantomRider
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
A credible source. I won't say who but if you were to look at my past track record here and on other sites...I may not know every new quad that is set to hit the market, BUT the ones that I have made my predictions on have pretty much came true.

Can-Am DS450...I was all over that one.
Kawasaki KFX 450, knew the frame was alloy and using efi a year in advance....why? Because I knew they had shipped Cannondale frames and motors to Japan.
Raptor 700...no one even spoke about this, a week before it's release I said it would be an EFI 700 with a new and different frame...

Now the Honda, only the economy can hold the release back...if they sell enough 09's out then the 10 will be new otherwise it will be a 2011 or 2010.5

TPR

ThePhantomRider
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Dylan189
To be honest I would hate for hondas new quads to become already 50 inches wide for mx. Cuz its gonna cost more money even though everyone just gonna upgrade the front end anyway. Theres relle no point. Also im not a fan of efi it gets old to quick imo.

Don't expect the basic 450r to be 50"...but again if the economy dictates it there could be 2 models available like other companies....

True many will upgrade, but it's either go wide and people buy narrow or go narrow and people buy wide...the aftermarket doesn't care.

Then again, the aftermarket is so slow right now. No one is buying much outside of racing so many companies are struggling or closing all together.

EFI has come, people need to really just deal with it...some like it, some don't but it's not going anywhere.

TPR

Snoopy450r
07-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I would love to see honda come out with an updated 450. Something that can compete right out of the box, like most of the other ones are doing now. If it comes from honda chances are that it will be done right the first time "history shows it" and you can buy one without fear of flaws. I will be.

Thosekidzracing
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by vAnS_77
When you get a new ATV it doesn't have to be a current year model. Why pay msrp for the brand spankin new model that you don't even know it runs yet :D Get a year or 2 older when you buy a quad. Not a used one, just one that is a 2008 but new. I'm looking at a ktm through a dealer for 7300 brand new 2008 525 xc. That is the same price as a brand new honda.

yea but look at the price af a brand new 08' honda from your dealer, prolly around the 4,000 range. just my 2 cents

vAnS_77
07-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Thosekidzracing
yea but look at the price af a brand new 08' honda from your dealer, prolly around the 4,000 range. just my 2 cents

Plus the 4 grand I have to put into the suspension. I'm sorry, but KTM ohlins over Honda KYB's All day long. Can Am's KYB's are awesome from the dealer, that and the ktm would be the only stock suspension on the market I wouldn't bother upgrading. That price was for a 525 ktm btw.

LTR450_#67
07-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Looks like you guys will be waiting till fall or next spring......Honda just released some 2010 stuff and the 450R wasn't in the mix. The CRF250R bike has EFI though......

FL-R
07-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sparks 450
there has been more championships won on the honda 250r than any other quad
Their fixed it for ya:D

OzLinc
07-12-2009, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilvBo3OxHX0&feature=channel_page

Honda UNconvention 2010........

Quadevil
07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Yep, so there won't be a 2010 Honda TRX 450R lol....

fastredrider44
07-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I sure don't think they thought this one through. Don't they realize that when people know they cant go buy a 2010 model quad, they're liable to switch brands?

If the 2011 model isn't an improved bike, I'll switch.

sparks 450
07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by FL-R
Their fixed it for ya:D I will be more specific on a 4 stroke, are you happy.

sparks 450
07-15-2009, 06:00 PM
As they did in some years in the past they may release the new 450r in september.

Claas900
07-15-2009, 08:27 PM
As they did in some years in the past they may release the new 450r in september.
Off topic but you go to Pismo very often?

Quadevil
07-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Doubt it. The economy really went down the drain...
If possible they would release a new 450 but with a different name since they said already there ain't gonna be a new 450R for 2010...

sparks 450
07-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Claas900
Off topic but you go to Pismo very often? I was there this past weekend . what about you go there often. you still have a cannondale.

Claas900
07-16-2009, 04:28 AM
its been about 4 months. But I do hope to go in 4 to 5 weeks. Yeah I'm still running a Dale.

FL-R
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I will be more specific on a 4 stroke, are you happy.
im just effin with ya.:D

sparks 450
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FL-R
im just effin with ya.:D [/QUOTE sweet.

desratt
07-17-2009, 07:43 PM
it is plain by the video.. not only no changes but no 2010 450r... TOO MANY 09'S LEFT